What's new

Who thinks Tag is worthwhile?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Given that it's NRS, I suppose I'd rather them just concentrate on trying to make a non-broken game.

That said, a GOOD tag mode would be absolutely amazing. If it wasn't a broken mess, I imagine it would actually quickly become the preferred mode of the game. Having assists and being able to tag opens up so many strategic gameplay possibilities.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I think we should be playing tag right now in MK9. The game is busted either way you play it, might as well embrace the game for what it is instead wishing and hoping the game is going to magically change.
I hope tag comes back in mk10. Its a really fun feature that brings variety to the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
u can tag cancel his b2?
Yup, any fucking time, on hit or block doesn't even make a difference, if it hits, good, the other characters comes in and just completes a combo.
If its blocked! Good, Scorps just bails out of the negative frames and the other character can come in and armor out in case the opponent decides to punish it, or even better, you can sucessfully block before they move.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I Tag Scorpion with Skarlet, you guys have no idea how fucked up this tag is, really.

Scorpion becomes an monster because you can Tag assist F4 into blood ball and make it safe, or Tag cancel B2 after performing, which make his vortex gameplay the kind of game with no risk at all as long as you have the tag and the meter.

And Skarlet gets an ublockable move that grants her a blockstring into another unblockable or launcher trap, Free tag attack punish as counter zoning wich is much better than her teleport and is safe on block. Jax, corner loop adapted with Scorpion hellfire, where her Hard Knockdown combo grants a free helfire, then is blockstring loop in the corner all day.

You can tag after a connected spear and start the next combo with a Jip B2 with skarlet. Which means you can have two Jips in one combo.

Reptile's force ball's trap is also good but i haven't tested that yet, it depends of the character who can benefict from it.

Goldi

Noob
I love tag with another person! Never really tried to do it alone, maybe I should give it a go sometime.. I hope there's a way to play with a partner online against another team in the next MK.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I Tag Scorpion with Skarlet, you guys have no idea how fucked up this tag is, really.

Scorpion becomes an monster because you can Tag assist F4 into blood ball and make it safe, or Tag cancel B2 after performing, which make his vortex gameplay the kind of game with no risk at all as long as you have the tag and the meter.

And Skarlet gets an ublockable move that grants her a blockstring into another unblockable or launcher trap, Free tag attack punish as counter zoning wich is much better than her teleport and is safe on block. Jax, corner loop adapted with Scorpion hellfire, where her Hard Knockdown combo grants a free helfire, then is blockstring loop in the corner all day.

You can tag after a connected spear and start the next combo with a Jip B2 with skarlet. Which means you can have two Jips in one combo.

Reptile's force ball's trap is also good but i haven't tested that yet, it depends of the character who can benefict from it.
wait, why would u tag out on f4? can't u tag out on spear even if its blocked or no?

also, my fav tag team is usually JC & Kabal or JC and Cyrax, mostly because landing a nut punch with cage and switching out for cyrax and doing command grab is lulzy as hell. And JC & Kabal have a Midscreen meterless infinite which brings forth even more lulz :D

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
If they had tag, I'd like to see where you and a friend could play together (separate consoles) and team up against two other opponents. Or even a Tag KOTH would be pretty cool.

Sent from my Brain using Tapatalk 4 portal. Ding! Team IJS --» www.injusticesociety.com #G4S

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
wait, why would u tag out on f4? can't u tag out on spear even if its blocked or no?

also, my fav tag team is usually JC & Kabal or JC and Cyrax, mostly because landing a nut punch with cage and switching out for cyrax and doing command grab is lulzy as hell. And JC & Kabal have a Midscreen meterless infinite which brings forth even more lulz :D
Not tag out with F4. I said "Tag Assist F4", so Skarlet would throw a blood ball, if they block the F4 the Blood Ball will be safe and allow another mixups due frame advantage.
If it hits Scorpion gets another combo into another vortex.

In the Tag mode there is a special move propriety that keeps two characters for using a move with the same propriety during one combo.

For example: Scorpion Spear and Sub-Zero's Ice have the same propriety.
There are other moves that has the same propriety as his teleport, so you can't use that move and later use teleport to fufil your combos.

Skarlet Blood Ball doesn't have any propriety similar to scorpion Spear or teleport, which mean i can use that whenever i want during a combo, here is an example BnB:

Scorpion in front.
F4 (tag Assist) Teleport, 1, 11~spear, Tag out, Jip F31~ex Dagger, jip F212,1+2~(tag Assist)

Wigy

There it is...
Not tag out with F4. I said "Tag Assist F4", so Skarlet would throw a blood ball, if they block the F4 the Blood Ball will be safe and allow another mixups due frame advantage.
If it hits Scorpion gets another combo into another vortex.

In the Tag mode there is a special move propriety that keeps two characters for using a move with the same propriety during one combo.

For example: Scorpion Spear and Sub-Zero's Ice have the same propriety.
There are other moves that has the same propriety as his teleport, so you can't use that move and later use teleport to fufil your combos.

Skarlet Blood Ball doesn't have any propriety similar to scorpion Spear or teleport, which mean i can use that whenever i want during a combo, here is an example BnB:

Scorpion in front.
F4 (tag Assist) Teleport, 1, 11~spear, Tag out, Jip F31~ex Dagger, jip F212,1+2~(tag Assist)

thats not even close to the most messed up things.

Cyrax gets a free unblockable 50%ish combo off any touch (even a blocked one)
Subby + JC get similar thing.
Kabal and Raiden have some really fucking stupid combos as well and kabals tag in is stupidly good.
Jax + cyrax have a meterless infinite.
Kabal + noob have a meterless infinite
Quan chi + JC have a meterless infinite

DarkPage

Noob
I was actually thinking injustice was gonna be tag, which wouldve been cool, its the real reason i bought mk9 doing ladder or online with a friend, made it so it wasnt always lets play a fighting game to see whose better.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
thats not even close to the most messed up things.

Cyrax gets a free unblockable 50%ish combo off any touch (even a blocked one)
Subby + JC get similar thing.
Kabal and Raiden have some really fucking stupid combos as well and kabals tag in is stupidly good.
Jax + cyrax have a meterless infinite.
Kabal + noob have a meterless infinite
Quan chi + JC have a meterless infinite
They complete each other on their flaws, that is why scorp and Skarlet match so well together, i hope i could record some in the future, you will see how they can swap places between frame traps, unblockables and play retarded along the way.

Wigy

There it is...
They complete each other on their flaws, that is why scorp and Skarlet match so well together, i hope i could record some in the future, you will see how they can swap places between frame traps, unblockables and play retarded along the way.

I get that but your frame trap costs a bar, there is a lot better tag teams.

Skarlets DF tag move is pretty useful but shes nowhere the most broken in tag tools.

Thats defo raiden/kabal/scorpion.... then all the characters with a charge palm move.
certain ones like Jax and kabal are mega annoying, 50% combo of any f4 midscreen meterless and corner meterless resets.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I get that but your frame trap costs a bar, there is a lot better tag teams.

Skarlets DF tag move is pretty useful but shes nowhere the most broken in tag tools.

Thats defo raiden/kabal/scorpion.... then all the characters with a charge palm move.
certain ones like Jax and kabal are mega annoying, 50% combo of any f4 midscreen meterless and corner meterless resets.
That's exactly my point, meter is irrelevant as long as Skarlet is there to fill that gap, and blocking or guessing is a matter as long as Scorps hellfire is in question.

But whatever, you might not see how retarded this is, but surely the ppl who i made quit tag did.

Wigy

There it is...
That's exactly my point, meter is irrelevant as long as Skarlet is there to fill that gap, and blocking or guessing is a matter as long as Scorps hellfire is in question.

But whatever, you might not see how retarded this is, but surely the ppl who i made quit tag did.

Cyrax scorpion. 60% of your health gone because i hit you with 1 hellfire. Basically if i get a bar, you loose.