What's new

Who Mastered the Bnb?

Israel

Noob
Has anybody, figured out a trick land the Neutral Jump punch for the....
321,dash, Njp? This is really annoying...been playin with this character forever and been in the lab however i STILL never figured out a trick to this bs.
In my conclusion it works...when it wanna works. lol better yet %60 of the time.
i mean..what kind of Bnb doesnt work all the time?

Seapeople

This one's for you
A lot of people would suggest the piano method. Tap both 1 and 2 for the njp so that the input will register twice and come out more easily.
I personally just practiced the timing until it was second nature. It's not that hard after some practice, keep at it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The moment you jump off the ground WATCH CLOSELY.And when you're RIGHT NEXT to the opponent in mid-air, hit a punch button.

Or you could do the piano method which I don't like to use but everyone else does lol.

Israel

Noob
The moment you jump off the ground WATCH CLOSELY.And when you're RIGHT NEXT to the opponent in mid-air, hit a punch button.

Or you could do the piano method which I don't like to use but everyone else does lol.
Ok, i understand... i will take both under consideration and practice. So jus mashing 1 or 2 after jump doesnt work all the time? thats weird...

the paino method works best for me but i still miss the NJP about 30% of the time. i think the paino method is the best way to land the NJP consistently.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
the paino method works best for me but i still miss the NJP about 30% of the time. i think the paino method is the best way to land the NJP consistently.
I disagree.. I think just practice the timing. If the NJP isn't coming out you're doing it too fast. If it's koming out but missing, you're too slow.

Piano method won't help you in the long run.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i have noticed that the timing is different while playing on my living room flat screen tv than it is in my bedroom oldschool box television. even if im not using Hi Def, i still need to hit the NJP just before Reptiles feet leave the ground when playing on the new flat screen. on my bedroom television i can wait til Reptile goes up and still land it.

Yeah piano is the way to go. You still have to memorize the timing, but after a while it is second nature. Offline I get it 100% of the time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The best way to do it for everyone is different, I land that 99% of the time just by timing and not piano method. I think piano method is not as consistent as timing. I mean SF x TK has stricter timing than that, 1 frame link. That NJP is atleast 2-3 frames link

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The best way to do it for everyone is different, I land that 99% of the time just by timing and not piano method. I think piano method is not as consistent as timing. I mean SF x TK has stricter timing than that, 1 frame link. That NJP is atleast 2-3 frames link
SCV also has just frame combos.Fucking pain in the ass but practice makes perfect.

McNasty

Moist.
I start holding up once hes half way through the dash and plink or piano the punches then once you get it a few times pay close attention to the height you're hitting hitting them at and practice.

H0ru5

Noob
The best way to learn it is to learn the timing. I started long ago with the feeling it was impossible but kept on trying. After a while, you'll get the feeling for sure. You should also try to do a NJP without it being after the dash to see that timing. This will help you to see the timing of presseing up and 1 or 2 which is pretty specific for a instant NJP.

I personally don't like the piano method. Maybe I don't piano fast enough but my results were not good enough.

Good luck!