What's new

Who is your alternate?

Hi, new to the TYM forums. I was wondering who you guys who main Kitana have been using as your secondary character(s).

Geochron

Noob
Kitana's my main but I'm using Mileena more and more frequently, she seems to have better mix-up options.

i just started playing MK and Kitana is my main. i've been using jade as my secondary but haven't decided if that was who i was going 2 stick with. i actually was going 2 post a thread and am glad u started it. :)

i just started playing MK and Kitana is my main. i've been using jade as my secondary but haven't decided if that was who i was going 2 stick with. i actually was going 2 post a thread and am glad u started it. :)
No problem. :) I was actually thinking about using either Jade or Smoke to deal with heavy zoning characters. I don't actually have the game yet (Been completely strapped for cash for the longest time, FINALLY getting it today), so I'm not sure how well Kitana deals with characters who can zone extremely well like Kabal and Noob Saibot herself. What do you guys think?

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
My main is Kit and Im using Ermac (my first main) more and more as her alt. Once I get how to play Skarlet better she will be another char, main or alt. Still curious about the other new chars after the summer's done tho.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I also play Cage, Noob, Sub, and Shang.

I'm probably best with Cage as a secondary.

as far as i can tell it really just depends on how those players use the zoning to their advantage. i've been able to beat noob once i get a take on how they're using his clones. and i haven't really played any kabal players (i dont have xbl for the same reason; strapped for cash right now. lol) although once i get a chance to i will definitely let u know

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Mileena and Scorpion are my alts. I never played Scorpion seriously until this game - for some reason I really like him.

I am not that great at this game yet (but improving) but I like the contrast between how I play them - Mileena defensively, Scorpion all out attack, Kitana a mix of both.

Altsa

I used to play Kitana alot in the beginning but now I have dropped her and moved to play my previous alts: Jade Sektor and Cyrax

Currently sub is my alt but thinking of pickiing up jade. She does really well against zoners. I see her moving up the tierlist as people learn to abuse glow/EX glow more.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Currently sub is my alt but thinking of pickiing up jade. She does really well against zoners. I see her moving up the tierlist as people learn to abuse glow/EX glow more.
Same. Its horrible playing with Kitana against a good Jade. There are so few good Jade players currently though as she comes as a shock when played well.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I might pick up Cyber Sub soon, he's fun. But I've always been a fan of Cyrax (long through the low tier UMK3/MKT years too lol).

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
none. I play straight Kitana. I don't get bored playing her in casuals and I don't think counter picking in a tournament setting would work to my advantage. I'm too slow to adjust.

xTHUGx

Noob
I use alot actually. Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, SubZero and a few more which I'm not all familiar with their matchups but I have most, if not all their BnB's down.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
I main jade. I also enjoy playing kitana because shes fantastic at juggling. I also play sonya when i'm in the mood to rushdown.:)

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
All I play is Kitana. Ive been searching for an alt, but they just don't feel right.
Had high hopes for Kenshi, but I'm not impressed.
If I absolutely had to choose an alt, im most intrigued by Sindel. Those mixups. Damn.
And the only Low xray in game. (to my knowledge)

It is fairly easy to learn the basics of characters in this game, and because i have learned a fair deal i have also developed a few favorites outside of Kitana (whom i agree, really is enough on her own)

Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sektor, Sonya, Raiden and i'm also trying out Kenshi. I like so many of the characters in this game that it is hard to stay true to any one character though i atleast have my priorities down hehe.

I'm crossing my fingers that Tanya will be one of the DLC characters, cuz I'd like to play with her as well. I didn't play any of the MK after 3 and she's one of the only characters introduced in that era that seemed really intriguing. I might drop Jade cuz I don't know if her play style jives with me, even though I love the character.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Kenshi is so fun. Too bad he's banned from EVO this year. That won't stop me from using him at a local tournament this Saturday ^_^