What's new

Who is the Worst?

Who is the least competitively viable character in the game?

• Lobo

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • Lex Luthor

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • The Joker

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Shazam

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Other (Name him or her)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Hm, i voted Lobo here. For the other 3 I see how they can be used effectively, Lex has tons of tools and can come up with surprises every once in a while, same for Joker. It's a tie between Shazam and Lobo then, I feel Shazam is slightly better due to higher mobility, a smaller hitbox and a better trait.

Lobo has higher Mobility than Shazam.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
And Shazam's trait is fucking terrible. He can only do notable damage with it in the corner, and only off an overhead. If Shazam actually could land a trait combo once in a while, he might actually be decent.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Scorpion controls basically every interactable. He can kill you with the pig in Arkham :/
Hell, Scorpion even has vortexes.

Shazam has a psycho crusher which is easily predictable.

Lobo isn't one of the worst. He can be pretty solid if used properly.

AspyxiaDyslexia- send a photo if you beat this guy. Or just pop off xD
Lol no! Why? I don't want to expose anyone or something... I just wanna show him that Hawkgirl is not even a close character to be the worst one :) <3

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I don't think any character is "bad", to be honest. If I had to pick the worst I'd probably say Lex, but even he's not useless.

SZSR

Noob
Ok? Shazam nullifies every interactable with his own teleport and has a wake-up.
Scorp can kill you with the pig in arkham? So can anyone, only difference is shazam has the means to say "nerp" to it all.
Scorp vortex is irrelevant to Shazam, actually its irrelevant to anyone with a half decent d.2, armor... Wake-up...

Shazam has a "Guess wrong and you are eating 30-45% on the cheap with a scenario reset." Scorpion has a "If you guess wrong, you'll eat 20% (until I run out of meter in 2 moves).". Most of the cast can control interactables through means of armor, immunity, or projectiles as it is, so scorpion isn't very special. Batgirl does his job better, so as far as "viability" goes, his is sitting at a prime 0. He is a poor man's Barbara. Outdone by a crippled woman, how sad.

His vortex is weak, his damage is weak, his projectiles are weak, he has nothing that makes him any more of a choice than Batgirl.
Everyone on the list has something available to them that no other character can do quite as well. Scorpion doesn't, even moreso with the new MMH release.

His existance as a anti-zoning character is done better by 2 other characters, his damage is awful, and his niche of "you can't use interactables" is done by plenty of other characters who don't suffer from a lack of EVERYTHING.
When you say 45% with Shazam, are you talking about the standing reset that comes out from f2, 2?

Of lobo, lex, joker, and shazam, the only char in that list that i have to think about matchups at character select is lex. Everyone else in that list is just fun matchup where i play characters that i either want to goof off with or just play around with combos. competent lex players abuse the heck out of j3 so you have to be able to punish it if possible. Other than that, its a blue moon before I worry about any of the others.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I have to agree with some people here. Scorpion really isn't that bad. His teleport is the perfect whiff punisher and it doesn't how much damage you do because he will always have it.

Lobo and Shazam are garbage. Sure they can do all these set ups and what not but try landing against anyone.

My three mains (Flash, Raven, and WW) all sit on those two as do a bunch of other characters because of their lack of options.

I just want to add:

It's really sad that two of the most entertaining characters to watch play: Lex and Joker, also happen to be on the bottom....

There's no denying, Lex and Joker are fun to watch. They always have to play differently to adjust to matchups, their specials are varied, and their playstyle rewards thinking and smart setups, use of traps.

Really, if we're going to have overpowered characters in this game - and I'm not going to name any names *cough cough 4-frame-insta-super cough* - I'd much rather see Lex and Joker buffed to the point they're just as ridiculous. At least the grand finals will be fun to watch.

How bad a character is has little to do with how well they do against other bad characters.

JustPressingButtons' post had nothing to do with how good Scorpion is compared to Shazam.
Yeah. It's like how Hawkgirl does surprisingly well against some of the best characters, but is low tier due to having a handful of abominable match-ups.