What's new

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014?

• Total voters

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree with you that he's not top 5, but to be fair weren't you the one saying the other day that whoever the 5th spot is will likely have multiple 4-6's or a 7-3 just because if they didn't we wouldn't be arguing over the 5th spot in the first place?

Yes, but I suspect a character like Superman or Flash have slightly better match ups.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
That all sounds reasonable.
lol and thats what i think as well, on top of all that, i think once flash has a life lead flash can have aquaman come to him which makes it harder for aquaman because aquamans approach game isn't the best.

Zyphox

Zod's spot wasn't solidified until recently. 3 back to back top 8s, including 2nd at EVO goes a long way. For the past year Pig told everyone Zod was top 5 and his failure in tournament was his fault. He then proved that was true. The same applies to last year, pre-Theo, when Aquaman wasn't doing anything and we had Tom selling us bills about all these Aqua bad mu. Zyphox's question was "what do we have to do to get some respect on this issue"? The answer is do what those guys did.
well were still waiting on muffin muggers to take home the big one in the USA so when he finally comes out and bodies everyone, you will all see just how good flash really is.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
lol and thats what i think as well, on top of all that, i think once flash has a life lead flash can have aquaman come to him which makes it harder for aquaman because aquamans approach game isn't the best.
Then you should've said all that instead of letting honeybee say it and claiming to agree.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Grundy. I think if Tyrant stopped getting emo and put more time in he could be doing as well as he did early.

That's not a knock on him at all btw, I think he's an amazing player who fits Grundy perfectly, but if he's shown he can still compete with him like he has recently, why couldn't he do even better with more effort? I think all the Grundy players just got emo and took everyone learning grab invincibility as it killing the character, rather than them seeing it as just a weakness in a really strong arsenal they have to get through.
I can't speak for the other Grundys but in my experience grab immune isn't something that makes me so emo i don't want to play or lab anymore, I just like to bring it up to bitch and moan for the hell of it. Plus it gets me likes from @fr stack and @Billy Dha Kid :p

Zyphox

flash doesn't beat aqauman or goes 5-5 with him because of footsies, is because of everything else he can do against him. same with superman.
Then you should've said all that instead of letting honeybee say it and claiming to agree.
i just didn't go to in details because i was playing a set while typing. i've said this before in my own MU threads a long time ago.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Went with lobo simply because his match-up chart is quite even across the board, he is still being fleshed out by oxygen and decay, and with his tools (forward dash, 28% projectile, insane damage) he has one of the best comeback factors in the game. Plus he's hype, and it would be cool if he was more represented.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
DD is not in the top 5 conversation because he has 4-7 losing matches and few if any 7-3 or 8-2 match ups. He simply does not have the match up chart to be top 5 if you believe the opinions of some of the best players using/fighting him.
I don't if those are the same opinions who think Bane 7-3's him. Nobody even comes close to bodying Doomsday (maybe Frost but I don't think that ever got fleshed out) whereas Lex, Bane and Grundy all get mopped the fuck up in some matchups on top of the ones that they arguably also lose, just not as horribly.

FK has Batman "losing" a ton of matchups too and not winning any by a large margin but he's still very much in the conversation.

The most relevant Bane when it comes to majors as of late has him losing to Flash, Zatanna, Sinestro, Batman, Shazam, Superman, Zod and maybe Batgirl but you'll argue he's very possibly top 5. Please show me a Doomsday chart with 7-8 losing matchups, two of which are quite possibly 3-7's or worse.

Nobody ever agrees on charts or tier placements and that's fine, but at least I'm almost guaranteed to see Doomsday in a top 3 whereas I have to pray to the fucking FG gods that my other mains will make one. I don't think the claim that DD is top 10-5 is so outlandish, especially by anyone so willing to put Bane there too.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Zod's spot wasn't solidified until recently. 3 back to back top 8s, including 2nd at EVO goes a long way. For the past year Pig told everyone Zod was top 5 and his failure in tournament was his fault. He then proved that was true. The same applies to last year, pre-Theo, when Aquaman wasn't doing anything and we had Tom selling us bills about all these Aqua bad mu.

Zyphox's question was "what do we have to do to get some respect on this issue"? The answer is do what those guys did. You guys say Flash doesn't struggle against Aquaman and you're losing to Aquaman in tournament. Perhaps like Pig you blame yourself and not the match up. That's actually commendable but it doesn't help your case. We do not know the why, we only see the results.
I'm saying Flash goes even with AM. Surprisingly enough, out of the 4 US majors I've gone to, I've only faced AM at EVO where I lost to nubcakes AM 2-1, all very close games that came down to the last hit. And I lost to Insaynne where I also lost 2-1 in very close games that came down to the last hit. When I played Insaynee in casuals I beat him 7-1 convincingly and when I played nubcakes in casuals it was back and forth with me winning more than him.

I definitely think if EVO was 3/5 instead of 2/3 I wouldn't have lost to them but that's just talk and it's in the past so it's irrelevant. Regardless, based on those results, saying AM beats Flash is nonsense. The MU needs to be played out more to determine that.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
I can't speak for the other Grundys but in my experience grab immune isn't something that makes me so emo i don't want to play or lab anymore, I just like to bring it up to bitch and moan for the hell of it. Plus it gets me likes from @fr stack and @Billy Dha Kid :p
It makes me angry when I lose a match because I tried punishing that person but he was grab immune. Like I played Kinetic Balding earlier and he was superman and did f23 and I did wc before that but the 3 in f23 is grab immune so I ended up getting punished and losing the match

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I definitely think if EVO was 3/5 instead of 2/3 I wouldn't have lost to them but that's just talk and it's in the past so it's irrelevant. Regardless, based on those results, saying AM beats Flash is nonsense. The MU needs to be played out more to determine that.

I am not saying the match is decided by those results but when the best Aquaman is saying AM wins and you're the one disagreeing but you don't have the results to back it up you can't blame us for being skeptical.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I am not saying the match is decided by those results but when the best Aquaman is saying AM wins and you're the one disagreeing but you don't have the results to back it up you can't blame us for being skeptical.
Has the best Aquaman played the best Flash though? Would the best Flash prove his character has what it takes if he was able to go toe to toe with the best Aquaman or would some still claim his character isn't that great, HE just is? Results only carry an argument so far and so do a lack of results.

I think the bottom line is that in this game there are a handful of top of the top characters, and then there's a whole slew of characters who can beat any other given characters on any other given day. There is no distinguishing the #5 spot from the #8 spot in this game, practically speaking.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
You're right, he's beating all the Flash players.

What's been the scores when you two have played?
I haven't played him offline besides like 3 casual games at UFGT where I won the first game and then he won a few and that was it. Other than that, we've only played online where the score is irrelevant when talking MU numbers. And LBSH, the amount of skill required to play AM at the highest level and the amount of skill required to play Flash at the highest level are incredibly different. AM can be picked up and played at a high level by anyone. The same can't be said for Flash. If anything, I think my casual games against other AM players mean more towards determining a MU number than Theo's casual games with other Flash players do.

Zyphox

@Blind_Ducky

@5:00 in this video untill 11:22 i discuss this MU, i say things like that you have to force aquaman to come to you, that you can approach him because he out footsies flash, and everything honeybee said pretty much, oh and this was made back in OCT 2013 so yeah.