What's new

Who is the best character for beginners?

Derek

Noob
megalomaniacvon said:
Sheeva. You learn Sheeva, you will destroy at this game faster than if you learned Scrub-Zero.
This is bad advice. I highly advise that you start with a decent character, Sheeva being the worst in the game is not starting with a decent character.

FILER

Noob
I agree, learn to use Sheeva once you are descent, and it may help you become better...but learning Sheeva as your first character is just asking to be constantly pissed off at this game. I would say Robot Smoke, but too many people abuse the teleport. I would say that Sindel or Unmasked Sub would be who I suggest. Newer people normally really struggle with proper rush down, so have two characters that can play keep away as well as go aggressive from time to time should help them learn.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Annihilator83 said:
rzp said:
aND YOU THINK IT´S EASY TO CONTROL THE INVISIBILITY? for a Noob/Begginer?
I have to agree with rzp. People generally think R. Smoke is easy to use since he has an easy 40% combo off the teleport uppercut, but even then that is an unsafe move to begin with and many many people don't know how to use his invisibility to their advantage (most will do a teleport uppercut when they are invisible lol) and even then some will turn back to visible (lmao!) when they didn't mean it. His ground combos aren't very damaging from the ground, but punishers are excellent. I personally think Kabal and Human Smoke are much more suitable for beginners.

Well then that would be the wrong way to teach R. Smoke then lol, I never said turn invisible and do the teleport uppercut, unless you're facing a fanatical jumper that's a no, no...

He's still pretty damn easy to use without this tactic though. He's definitely easier then Kabal, noobs would be spamming the flash thinking it's an easy stun move, yet would get predictable.

But if you think about it this way.. If you stick it out, and get really good with Sheeva, you have to make up for so many shortcomings, that when you play, say.. Kano, or Kabal; Smoke or Nightwolf. Any high tier character, you'll be THAT much better off the get go. The main strategy with Sheeva, when you first pick her up, is mastering the basics with all her problems.. For instance, her LP runs suck, her RH is super delayed, her size, her slow but long sweep, her pointy, but delayed ducking LK.. If you can master using those disadvantages, when you play a character that doesn't have them, you'll be that much more in tune with them, and it will be cake.

dubson

Noob
megalomaniacvon said:
But if you think about it this way.. If you stick it out, and get really good with Sheeva, you have to make up for so many shortcomings, that when you play, say.. Kano, or Kabal; Smoke or Nightwolf. Any high tier character, you'll be THAT much better off the get go. The main strategy with Sheeva, when you first pick her up, is mastering the basics with all her problems.. For instance, her LP runs suck, her RH is super delayed, her size, her slow but long sweep, her pointy, but delayed ducking LK.. If you can master using those disadvantages, when you play a character that doesn't have them, you'll be that much more in tune with them, and it will be cake.
Dude.... No

Derek

Noob
megalomaniacvon said:
Nope, it's just bad advice.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Kano is bad ass. But everyone learns differently, so knowing that, along with the fact nobody really agree's on anything, the mods should really bury this thread. It lost its point many posts ago.

FILER

Noob
megalomaniacvon said:
Doesn't matter! Imagine getting so good with sheeva, you CAN beat a Kano.
The only Sheeva I have lost to more than once is against someone who has much more skill than me. You aren't going to constistently win with Sheeva unless you are completely out playing the other player. Therefore, why would you tell a new player to use a player that takes more skill to use. This makes no sense. If I could have the player use Kabal, and never use the spin, they would win alot of matches. Unfortunately they just spin all the time because it works sometimes.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Pop up, aaHP, RH, Ground Stomp, does about .5% more than 7 hit combo.

FTW.

Sektor

Noob
megalomaniacvon said:
Or you could just skip that extraordinary annoyance and just learn a good character from the start.

megalomaniacvon said:
The best advice I can give, along with the suggestion that you learn Sheeva first, is that you always enter the quarter-energy code. It'll make you work harder, since you'll be at 25% energy. Also, before you get started playing the game, try jamming a wad of chewing gum under your d-pad, so you'll learn to be better in situations where you have no fucking control over what your character is doing. Oh, and get a wireless controller, and just go to the kitchen and make a sandwich after the character select screen. If you get pretty good beating people without looking at the TV, just imagine how much better you'll be when you finally DO watch what's happening.

Sektor

Noob
PapaJester said:
megalomaniacvon said:
The best advice I can give, along with the suggestion that you learn Sheeva first, is that you always enter the quarter-energy code. It'll make you work harder, since you'll be at 25% energy. Also, before you get started playing the game, try jamming a wad of chewing gum under your d-pad, so you'll learn to be better in situations where you have no fucking control over what your character is doing. Oh, and get a wireless controller, and just go to the kitchen and make a sandwich after the character select screen. If you get pretty good beating people without looking at the TV, just imagine how much better you'll be when you finally DO watch what's happening.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was so freakin' funny that I HAD to spam the smileys! :lol:

Scheisse said:
ÐarkMoon said:
Sheeva can be a monster with anyone who can turtle decently. She makes me think she belongs in MK2 sometimes.
Her and Kabal should be in a MK2 mame hack, swapped for Baraka and Slow Rep.
Kabal and Sheeva would both be a good counter for MK2 Mileena. Sheeva could read the sai throw and stomp down on her. Kabal can spam his projectile back at her, or work his way to spin oppurtunity.