• Random announcer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Another character...

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Watching this gameplay video

I noticed the announcer sounds different from the generic "Shao Kahn-like" announcer we had in MKX and MK11. Usually the announcer was the game's main villain, OR one of the villains. We had Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Onaga...
Yeah, they added Kronika in MK11 but she isn't the default announcer.

Maybe this time the villain will be the announcer again?

The announcer in the video sounds interesting. Seems to have a kind of smugness to his voice. What do you think?

Him

Noob
I cant stress enough how great the shit looks but I hate the vocal inflection of the announcer this time around. And civilians standing in the background just watching looks dumb as hell.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I hate the vocal inflection of the announcer this time around.
I don't hate it; it certainly sounds different and I kinda like it, the tone is different from the usual announcer from MKX/MK11, that's why I think this might be a return of the villain announcer.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Maybe its Quan Chi
You might have a point!

Watching one of BruskPoet's videos, he says he thinks there are two different announcers.

First one in the gameplay trailer:

3:23

-Voice sounds very deep (Quan Chi? Titan Shang Tsung?) with some reverb.
-Tone feels stoic, collected.

Second one in gameplay videos:

1:35, 2:45, 4:29, 5:58

-I think people mentioned this is the same VA of Shao Kahn, however he's clearly not making his Shao Kahn voice here.
-Like I said, I think there's a smugness to the way he says "X character wins" and some other details here and there.
-The way he says "Fatality... Kenshi wins" for example, announcer sounds kinda amused?

So maybe we'll be able to select different announcers like in MK11. In this case the first one might be the generic deep voice announcer from later games, and the second one could be one of the main villains.

D

Deleted member 59910

You might have a point!

Watching one of BruskPoet's videos, he says he thinks there are two different announcers.

First one in the gameplay trailer:

3:23

-Voice sounds very deep (Quan Chi? Titan Shang Tsung?) with some reverb.
-Tone feels stoic, collected.

Second one in gameplay videos:

1:35, 2:45, 4:29, 5:58

-I think people mentioned this is the same VA of Shao Kahn, however he's clearly not making his Shao Kahn voice here.
-Like I said, I think there's a smugness to the way he says "X character wins" and some other details here and there.
-The way he says "Fatality... Kenshi wins" for example, announcer sounds kinda amused?

So maybe we'll be able to select different announcers like in MK11. In this case the first one might be the generic deep voice announcer from later games, and the second one could be one of the main villains.
The announcer in the gameplay trailer is just part of the ZHU - FATAL music. Maybe it is just ZHU recreation, as the hands-on videos of gameplay show us a different voice. But I want multi options of announcers to return. Great feature.