What's new

Who is still playing mk9?

Is mk9 still relevant now that Injustice is out?

• Total voters

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Since its come up several times in different threads/statuses, I feel it would be nice to gauge where the community stands. Are you still playing mk9 now that Injustice is out? Will supporting both games be hard? Will we be washed up mo' fo's come EVO? I'm still strong with the support for mk9, because the last time I checked the title of Injustice isn't mk10.

How do the rest of you feel? Is injustice going to replace mk9?

Edit: I guess another good question would be is anyone going back to mk9 after trying Injustice?

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Im still playing cos WB havn't sent me the free copy i won of injustice yet. But ill still play MK when i get it maybe 75% IGAU 25% MK9

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
More of an MK fan than a DC fan. Once the novelty of a new game from the MK dev's has worn of I am pretty sure I will be back to MK9 and the Klassics.

Still early to say but I really prefer MK9 to Injustice, alot more infact. It may because I haven't settled into Injustice yet. Time will tell but MK9 could remain viable such in a way that folk still play SSF4 and play MVC3.

All depends if people are willing to continue playing really.

Killphil

MK is the only reason i care about fighting games in the first place.
My sentiments exactly. First game I played ever was the original mk. :)

All depends if people are willing to continue playing really.
That's what this thread is for, to see if this community will have the will to do so. Not everyone is going to hop on the Injustice train and like the ride. That's a fact. It isn't another mk game after all.

Agreed with you both. The novelty of a new game from NRS is still strong. We'll see where this goes in time though.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm still signed up for MK 9 at UFGT, next month. But after that, not sure...time will tell, I suppose.

Sent from my scrubby HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Took a break from Injustice last night and played some MK and had a blast.

Feels a lot more fast paced.

Love both games though.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Mk9 all day! Still trying to snap injustice up on eBay lol. I'll only play injustice for cuz it's an NRS game. For me MK is the only fighting game that matters.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I am not a tournament player so for me MK9 is over. I cannot bring myself to play MK9 again simply because I was a character loyalist with Sub Zero. I truly felt back then that I was far better than most Kung Lao, Kenshi, Kabal, Smoke etc players and I lost soley because I mained Sub Zero. Now I play Injustice and while this game is new, those same people that used to destroy me are free to me. Even with the same characters. It really opens my eyes on their patience, and their idiotic risk taking. There is no way I am going back.

i am and i'll keep playing MK9 until MK10 drops. injustice is great but not great enough to make me stop playing my precious. f4 GS 4 lyfe bitches

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I don't think it's relevant at tournaments anymore but I love MK and still play it. Injustice didn't hurt MK imo MK was hurt already the scene was small and it was a joke watching majors with only 1k viewers. Alot of that seemed to be TOs just treating MK badly though atleast thats how it looked to me.

Anyone who votes or says no is still in week 1 euphoria. Injustice is really really fun, but it's not a replacement for MK. MK is also really fun and still worth playing. I'll probably be playing mk for a few more years if not more.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
At this time i still al obsessed with injustice too much to even think about playing mk9. But i will never drop mk9, its too much fun and its still one of my favorite games.

Killphil

I'm still signed up for MK 9 at UFGT, next month. But after that, not sure...time will tell, I suppose.

Sent from my scrubby HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
Going to Evo? I'll see you at UFGT btw. :) Maybe I can win that dreaded 6-4 mu in my favor finally!

yeah i definitely like MK and IGAU and won't be quitting MK
Well...every game needs its noobs. Lucky for us the one in MK will also be the one in Injustice. :p

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Trying to prepare for MK @ Toryuken while pretending IGAU doesn't exist. Itshardbro.jpg

KILLA_xGHOST