What's new

Question - Erron Black Who is better - Marksman or Outlaw?

Who has better MUs/is more viable?

• Total voters

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
you can combo after the cancel, no offense but do you even use Marksman? lol
Damn, do you want me t show matches and combos with him? If u can read it i use Outlaw, im not a big fan of cancels but offline sometimes i use Marksman.

Last edited:

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Oh and forgot to say the cancels get rid of most of the gaps .. You have enough time to cancel and block moves like Lao's EX Spin
I think i've expressed myself poorly, i didnt meant that was unsafe, i meant that they can interrupt the gun cancel and don't allowing to continue the pressure.

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I think i've expressed myself poorly, i didnt meant that was unsafe, i meant that they can interrupt the gun cancel and don't allowing to continue the pressure.
Yeah it's not like pre-patch hellfire Scorpion or anything, but they are completely safe and that's actually very good.

Outlaw isn't really the same case. You can option select but f132 isn't safe on the whole cast and f13~ex sand grenade and b32d1 can be armored through. Marksman gets free safe 50/50s as long as you have the stamina.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
This is something I've been thinking about for a long time and I genuinely can't decide which variation I think is better between marksman and outlaw. I think they're both very good and I'm pretty committed to being a marksman main but lately I've been thinking outlaw is better mainly because of marksman's unquenchable thirst for stamina.

Marksman
+safe, hit-confirmable 50/50s through gun cancels
+gun cancels, while minus, can provide extra mixups on unsuspecting opponents
+big damage in the corner, consistently gets more damage than outlaw in any situation
+additional zoning options albeit fairly weak ones
+better keep-away with unload
+better unbreakable options

-bad njp
-very stamina hungry, loses certain options without stamina
-zoning options slow and punishable in many situations

Outlaw
+safe 50/50s through option-selects (still pretty difficult to perform imo)
+tarkatan stab provides an extra DoT
+godlike njp
+2 additional armored specials that grant more damage than his 2 universal specials with armor
+manages stamina well
+standing resets possible if you choose to sacrifice full combo damage

-limited zoning/counter-zoning
-limited damage

Let me know what you guys think. Who would you call to have better MUs? Who do you play and why?
Sorry for leaving gunslinger out but I think that variation's unique tools pale very hard in comparison to the other 2.
Outlaws damage is pretty good. 30% meterless and 36% 1 bar.