What's new

Who has the right, to blame other for spamming!?

Hello to all MK2 people, my big respects from Russia, has been playing The Game since 1995, has kicked many asses, to be honest, they were all bad players)), except for one friend of mine.

Nowdays, MK2 is not popular in my city, but i have been playing it with my friend for many years, and i believe, my skills are quite ok. It is really amazing that we can play via PSN, that was just a dream.

On PSN i have played different guys, not so many know how to play it really, luckely i have met the DRUMMISTJOEY, he introduced me to BO_DK and i have been told that he is a good player. We have played one session about 6 weeks ago, it was ok, then PSN went down. Now the PSN is back, i tried to fight him again, beaten him 2 games in a row, he called me Spammer, stopped playing and that was it.

Now i have checked the site, i can see that BO_Dk is a respectable player, top 10 or something.

I just wanna say this. I am not a Spammer, whatever that means for you guys. I play for result, i play to beat you. MK2 at PSN is an amazing chance to compete against top players.

Dear Top Players of MK2. Please, find me at PSN, my nick is PAVLIKMK, I really wanna try to play against the best players so i know what my level is.

I truly believe, that real champions do not use such lame excuses as Spammer. I mean, what the hell, if someone thinks, he can judge another, and call him names, that guy should be a champion, and has to be able to beat any spamming strategy or whatever.

Running away beaten, and saying you are a Spammer, i dont know, it is kinda weak.

ANyways, dear MK2 champions, i know you all are here, please, add me so i can become one of you, or i will just keep my mouth shut forever)))

X820

Noob
This debate has come up many many times over the years and it all really depends imo.
When I'm playing a friend in good fun, playing for shits and giggles I don't think either of us would like to play the top tier(spammers); Liu kang, Jax & Mileena over and over.

When playing strangers, ranked matches and especially in a tournament, people should man up, shut up and learn from their losses.

Nothing wrong with competitive minded matches amongst friends either btw ;)

ScheissNussen said:
They are playing by rules that only exist in their own mind and don't matter. Those people will always lose because they have already told you how to beat them.
This has got to be the smartest piece of text I have ever read on a forum about this topic.

yee, i dont know, maybe some players expect me to play just to entertain them? Shall I just play, so they can have a good time? Am I even aloud to use all the moves from the game, or maybe i should avoid some of them, just to keep the opponents happy?

Seriously, it's just nonsense.

Some people, just don't understand the basic idea of fighting games i guess.

I hope, those, who really good at this sport, do not cry like little girls

X820

Noob
pavlikmk2 said:
yee, i dont know, maybe some players expect me to play just to entertain them? Shall I just play, so they can have a good time? Am I even aloud to use all the moves from the game, or maybe i should avoid some of them, just to keep the opponents happy?

Seriously, it's just nonsense.

Some people, just don't understand the basic idea of fighting games i guess.

I hope, those, who really good at this sport, do not cry like little girls
Yea thats what we just wrote ^-^

Anyway, are you on MAME aswell?

Yes, i have played a few games on MAME, but i figured out, my pc controller is a real crap, so its just no use, before i get the new one. Besides that, i was not able to find MK2 opponets, most of the guys play UMK3, or maybe, I just went there in a wrong time?? However, i am not on MAME at the moment, just ps3. Any advices for the decent controller? I have been thinking of getting somewhat of Logitech??

X820

Noob
pavlikmk2 said:
Yes, i have played a few games on MAME, but i figured out, my pc controller is a real crap, so its just no use, before i get the new one. Besides that, i was not able to find MK2 opponets, most of the guys play UMK3, or maybe, I just went there in a wrong time?? However, i am not on MAME at the moment, just ps3. Any advices for the decent controller? I have been thinking of getting somewhat of Logitech??
You can use your PS3 controller with MAME, I do ;)

You need a usb cable and MotioninJoy .. Install and youre done.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

damn it guys, i have no bluetooth thingy on my laptop, do i really need it, or just usb cable is enough to connect dualshock 3 ???

Somehow i dont see the Sonic kagedoom server on the Kailera servers list(((( is there another way to find mk match up on mame???

pavlikmk2 said:
Somehow i dont see the Sonic kagedoom server on the Kailera servers list(((( is there another way to find mk match up on mame???
Hey man, if u fixed the MAME, then check out the Kaillera Kombat grounds or Emu-Russia and we can play easy ;)
I play usual at the these good servers. Peace/

I'll tell ya you're in for a treat if you play pretty much anyone from here. They're good, and fun. No one is invincible but some are damn near close!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm late chiming in here, but I'll echo what countless others have already said:

If you get beat by spam, you get beat. There are ways around it and if you can't beat a spammer you need to work on your game. Granted there are different levels of spamming (Kang IAF is very difficult to beat in the right hands), but an average Kang spammer is predictable enough to beat with some patience. Same with Mileena sai spam and Jax MGP.

I actually had a similar experience the other night, but in MK9. The guy I was playing against wasn't super great but he wasn't bad either. I threw two or three projectiles at him, and noticed it didn't seem like he could get out of them. So here's what I did:

I spammed him, but I did it slower each time. One projectile after the other, the next one slower than the one before it. This guy in particular still had trouble getting out of it and I eventually stopped and did something different. But it was the only time I ever spammed somebody, and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't see him get stuck so bad. I figured I should at least try to help the guy find a way out of them, you know?

btbb99

Noob
absolutely every single style of play can be beat. this includes spamming, turtling, run away players or whatever the fuck else some bitch ass players complain about. so instead of bitching about the way people play, man the fuck up and figure out how to beat it

I think the problem with spam is that they don't have any skills, no technique and has no /fun/ action involved. I mean when I do mgp on clowns in the mk2 lobby (for fun) they quit and tell me i'm boring to play with. Vice versa, people have done it to me and I think its boring.. :/ Otherwise I think spamming is boring but fun if it makes sense. Personally, the worst spammer in MK2 is mileena..

For me, spam is a win if you fight random people.
But if your friends I think its only right to play with less spam.

And to me spam means intentionally throwing projectiles over and over and over leaving your opponent locked down and cornered. Some true games imo, have technique, combos and close games. Not doing the same shit over and over.

X820

Noob
btbb99 said:
absolutely every single style of play can be beat. this includes spamming, turtling, run away players or whatever the fuck else some bitch ass players complain about. so instead of bitching about the way people play, man the fuck up and figure out how to beat it

David Gem

Banned
Lol, damn btbb. Hey, even I agree. But here's where the discrepancy lies. If you win by spamming, do not, for one second, think you are a better player. If you win, you win, it's all fair. But imo, it's a weak strategy and proves to me that you have zero skill. It's best when someone mixes spamming into their tactics and eventually throws someone for a loop. No one should complain about spamming, but I think if you spam, you shouldn't complain about someone else bitching about it. If that's all someone can do, then it's lame. :)

X820

Noob
I do think that people use the phrase cheap as unfair a lot, wich are two totally different things.

Mileena or Liu Kang Spam vs Baraka or some other character that doesn't really have an answer to that is cheap as hell, easy victory in most cases.

That doesn't mean it's unfair.

If a player can only spam, well that shouldn't be too hard of a match..

Rush the fucker when you get the chance :)

Unfortunally u cant rush in mk2 like you can rush in umk3, so if u get caught in a spam web your most likely screwed. But i feel i have to come to Bo_dks defense here in connection to pavilikmks comment. Although Bo_dk backed out of the lobby after pavilikmk won the first 2 games, im sure if Bo_dk won those first 2 games himself he would have backed out of the lobby anyway, i might have done the same thing. I think what was surprising too is that pavilikmk is playing since 1995 but is still resorting to backing off and spamming, which is understandable from a beginners perspective, but from someone playing 16 years should have better insight or more ideas how to win, Bo_dk and Donkishot_59 are a perfect example of this, they have played long enough to win anyway they want to through experience, wheter it be projectiles, mix mashing jab pressure, or some cheeky combos, they have it all worked out. I think pavilikmk has the potential to be an exellent player without spamming but refuses to explore the possibilitys, no disrespect man, u still kick my ass.

Bo_DK

Noob
I cant really remember this incident with you pavelik but as drummisjoey says i do quit everytime i fight a spammer. I usually give him 2 or 3 rounds to redem himself but if not im out and if people ask me why i quit i very politely tell them why.
Its not that i CANT deal with spammers, i just dont WANT to. I think my days of playing this game to be the best and to win win win win, is over. Now a play it to have a good time and dealing with spammers is not equel a good time for me...

As joey says, if you have been playing this game for 16 years, how on earth do you still resort to spamming to win?
You say its a dream come true being able to play other guys online, well my advice is put the spamming to a minimum and start experimenting with fighting and alot more people will come back to play you online.

Thanks for officially proclaiming me spammer!!! I' am just curious, if BO_DK is able to identify spammer just after 3 rounds, then how come, when we played for the first time, there were no complaints, and we played over 20 or more games? The answer is: I am just playing to win, never had enough players to compete, so i could figure out what the spamming is, gaming community is not very united in my city.
Whatever you people call spam i guess i do it sometimes, but really, come on, I use all my skillls, it is just one of the tactics, i mix spamming into not spamming, i always try to play differently, never have a scenario for the game, just improvisation, based on opponent's skills, so stop blaming, and start playing!!)

o, e, just forgot to mention. BO is clearly overestimating his ability to identify spammers))) it took him more than 20 or smth games in total)) Plus, i am not a spammer, come on guys, why don't we stop using this word))

Bo_DK

Noob
Well let me make it easy for you...

If someone quits on your ass after a few rounds, then you where spamming so stop that.

I played you 20 fights another time, well clearly you was not spamming but showing skills. Keep up this style and lets play...

Nuff said