What's new

Who has the best mid or low starting string in this game?

If none of these options work out for you, the universal option to deal with mash D1 etc up close is D1 hit d4. Most characters have a fast D1 that's plus 10 then d4 is usually plus 15 or more and then you jail. Hope you find a character they are all pretty awesome.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Raiden's b12 is good, 11f startup mid, good range for a mid too.

Yeah its -9 on block but you can superman cancel it to be -9 from a completely safe range, or hold it and cancel/let go if you see them hitting buttons.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head

Yeah its -9 on block but you can superman cancel it to be -9 from a completely safe range, or hold it and cancel/let go if you see them hitting buttons.
-9 is also 'reasonably' safe. Unless you're expecting it, you probably won't react to punish in time so a lot of the time ppl just let it go.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Sonya’s f4 is a good mid, it’s 10f, has decent range and is only -3 on block, plus f4 1+3 doesn’t come out on block but it does on hit and f4 1+3 mash 2 and hope to god it comes out does around 164 damage.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Kitana.

LOL I’m just kidding. Jacqui has the best mid hitting string in the game hands down.

Imo it’s between Jacqui and Liu Kang. Liu’s F4 is an advancing 11f mid that leads to strong stagger pressure, and one of the better KBs in the game

How has no one mentioned Joker yet? His F142 is one of the best mid strings in the entire game. F1 is 11 frames, and has very good range, while also not extending Joker’s hitbox. If your opponent likes to stick out D3’s or D4’s in neutral to check your movement a lot F1 is their literal nightmare to deal with. The string is safe, hit confirmable, and ends in a low, which creates a pseudo mix with Birdboy beat down in clown prince and ace of knaves.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
How has no one mentioned Joker yet? His F142 is one of the best mid strings in the entire game. F1 is 11 frames, and has very good range, while also not extending Joker’s hitbox. If you’re opponent likes to stick out D3’s or D4’s in neutral to check your movement a lot F1 is their literal nightmare to deal with. The string is safe, hit confirmable, and ends in a low, which creates a pseudo mix with Birdboy beat down in clown prince and ace of knaves.
Definitely this one. It has such a wild hitbox. High enough to anti air someone, low enough to hit D3, good range, very fast, disjointed, four active frames. It really doesnt matter what you're doing. If you're within range it's hitting you.

Might as well just do it

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
You're a Jade main so I'm sure you have your own technique. With those kinds of inputs though, I find it helpful to slide your thumb across the buttons rather than tap them. So when I input that string I hit B3, slide my thumb to 4 and then back to 3 quickly. Same thing with Lao's rapid punch string.
I do occasionally have trouble with the cancel on the last hit. It is an unreliable string.
It's one perk of being a stick player. These inputs are really easy with a stick

Unfortunately this doesn't actually make Raiden safe against a lot of characters. Anyone with long buttons or specials can hit Raiden at any time during fly startup or cancel.
The only way he can be actually completely safe is using Raijin df2 with charge.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Unfortunately this doesn't actually make Raiden safe against a lot of characters. Anyone with long buttons or specials can hit Raiden at any time during fly startup or cancel.
The only way he can be actually completely safe is using Raijin df2 with charge.
Even worse, the second hit being a jailing high instead of a mid means it's riskier to meaty with