What's new

Question Who has the best chance of beating REO at next major?

Who is most likely to beat REO next?

• CD Jr (ONLY if he focuses more on MK)

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Maxter

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • MIT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DJT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DetroitBalln

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • ETC McFly

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • DoctrineDark

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other, please post.

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Let's face it... 4 majors in a row (NOT including SCR, Props to EGP Tyrant for winning that!) and now Operation Wolf, which consisted of 36 of NE's and some of Canada's best.

Things about REO that I've noticed...
  • When he's on point, only armor, precise timing and a good mentality can beat him = ?
  • There are times when REO clearly looks like he's sandbagging (not giving his all... toying with his opponent) and in these times, he shows a side of himself that seems beatable, but he really isn't and you can clearly see him turning up the heat.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
He'll lose to someone with a foreign playstyle that isnt so easy to adapt to so quickly.
Thats his weakness I believe, gotta keep him on his toes, not the other way around.

CRUM

Noob
Let's face... 4 majors in a row (NOT including SCR, Props to EGP Tyrant for winning that!) and now Operation Wolf, which consisted of 36 of NE's and some of Canada's best.

Things about REO that I've noticed...
  • When he's on point, only armor, precise timing and a good mentality can beat him = ?
  • There are times when REO clearly looks like he's sandbagging (not giving his all... toying with his opponent) and in these times, he shows a side of himself that seems beatable, but he really isn't and you can clearly see him turning up the heat.
I've always believed that whenever REO loses it's not genuine. He always looks like he's sandbagging when someone does defeat him. I'm not saying he went all the way to EVO just to lose, but there's just something there that doesn't seem legit. Look at his gameplay now compared to a year ago, can we really say he's 'improved'? I simply think he's on another level than every other MK player.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
None of those players can. Like Foxy said, a foreign play style would give him a problem... But even still, I believe he would come out on top. I see no difference between Kabal and Morrigan(Marvel) now that I think about it lol.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
PL in Evo, has a chance ..... but, by now so far, Reo is the best MK9 player, overall, he can keep constantly stability in his position status as top player, so, he is the best nowadays.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Anybody that trains with me. Let's face it, my training partners have a pretty good track record.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I can understand how all of you feel being overwhelmed by Kabal, when i play every one of your characters i feel the same way too, there is no way of locking him up, unless of course you play Kabal as well, but REO knows Kabal pretty well that it wouldn't even be an Even MU.

I Agree with F0xy here, non US player on his current state is ready for REO unless they train for him only

Death

Noob
Probably PL. if REO uses another character besides kabal he can be beat but when he's in point with kabal it's fucking impossible lol

hmm interesting question, he's on a streak of winning majors and he hasn't been stopped recently, ppl have came close to beating him/ eliminating him but he'd come out on top eventually. Can't say he isn't on top right now, but to beat REO, i feel you got to just outplay him. Not going to be easy since he is a great player/ plays kabal, but it is possible. It was weird that infiltrations tear after evo stopped at canada cup where he lost to a top gen player that goes by Xian. I feel the best chance would be to play a character vs him that he doesn't play that much, that'll give his opponent the element of surprise. Either way, i could care less if ppl think i could beat him as i have no votes haha, i know what i'm capable of, and if i didn't beat him, it would be super competitive and hype.

CRUM

Noob
The thing about the foreign playstyle throwing REO off is that he makes such perfect adjustments. Not only does he play the best character in the game and at a seemingly untouchable level, he's got a strong mind. He's got great fundamentals and he's makes such good decisions. I think PL gives him the most problems and I would love to see PL vs REO in Grand Finals at EVO. I also think Pig has a chance to beat REO. He's another player who puts so much time into understanding every aspect of this game. Not to mention Pig has the golden notebook. As of right now, based on recent tournament play, it's hard to argue that REO is the best.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm surprised Tyrant isn't on that list!

He 3-0d REO once and barely lost to him 2-3 last time.

Although my bet is on GGA 16 Bit

After watching him against Detroit's Kabal at SCR, I feel like he can easily go toe to toe with any Kabal.