What's new

Question Who else do you play as besides Rain?

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Just curious,
As my friend and I were having a conversation; he brought up the fact that most Rain players also play Ermac.

Personally, my favorite characters to play besides Rain are (mostly used for bad MUs):

- Johnny Cage -
Some of the best rush-down and can really lay it on in the corner. I suck (kinda) at frame trapping but I like to try it every once in awhile. Mostly, I love his nut-punch resets. Chip damage is essentially damage with Cage and he can pack a punch.

- Freddy Krueger -
The Hellspike traps are so much fun to mess around with and his zoning game isn't too boring. He's got some "surprise" type of feel sort of like Rain has.

- Quan Chi -
I think I just like the way he can trap you and build meter. He is fairly slow and I don't recommend him as your alternate. I use him as a Scorpion/Smoke/Sheeva counter for people who don't have Rain/Freddy.

- Jade -
That Ex Glow is so awesome! I wish she had higher damage and was a bit faster. She really is pretty awesome and flashy, too. I'm scared to use her online, however.

- Ermac -
Was the very first character I mained before Kenshi and Rain came out. I liked him pre-patch but it seems he's not nearly as powerful now that almost every member of the cast has armor. He's a fun character to play if you can develop a solid rush-down otherwise he's a 'yawner'.

- Kenshi -
Has a ton of tools to shut down some of Rain's worst match-ups. If anyone is struggling badly against Kitana; I strongly recommend picking up Kenshi. He just flatout destroys Kitanas. Learn his frame traps (look for video of Pig of the Hut) and you're set. Kenshi is a monster, in my opinion.

- Reptile -
I just experiment with him but I like his Ex Acid Spit reset, it just feels natural as I use the popular approach when you can't end a combo with Bubble -- you end with H20 Blast.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Jax and Liu Kang are the two I play the most besides Rain.

I really don't have a reason though other than I find them fun.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
i play ever char besides sindel, jade, freddy and sonya ^^
You really do. Every time we play it's a different character. Sometimes a lot of Mileena and Kitana; both very good.

Jax and Liu Kang are the two I play the most besides Rain.

I really don't have a reason though other than I find them fun.
See,
I didn't know that, at all. I knew you dabbled with Raiden and Sektor (I believe). You're going to have to face me with your Jax sometime -- I'd like to see it. Do you use Ground Pound-cancels or not so much?

Honestly, that's why I'm labbing with Jax lately. He's got some mind-games if your opponents like to stay on the ground; he's an excellent secondary for Rain (so is Johnny Cage though).

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
I main Raiden, but Rain's my alternate. Quan chi was my main for a while so I've still got some skill with him even though I don't play as him much, and I'm working on Shang Tsung. I also like playing as Sub, Kitana, Liu Kang and Kano

BookBurning

Voidwards
BodamEscapePlan Yeah of course we can play sometime, and yeah I think GP cancels are pretty important because they work wonders for baiting and getting in your opponents head, along with them not expecting you to actually do a full ground pound.

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
I only play Rain...

I have been thinking about picking up Smoke for his bad match ups though...

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
I recently started playing rain and I love the character so much I consider him my main, but before that I was all about cyber sub (still like him) but rain is my dude now.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I only play Rain...

I have been thinking about picking up Smoke for his bad match ups though...
Honestly,
I used Smoke to counter some bad match-ups for a while and it worked pretty well. Smoke can go up against Kitana, Johnny Cage, Kenshi and Sub Zero all pretty well. But I just haven't been able to get into Smoke, he's so 'samey'; there's just not enough to do with him. I turned to Johnny Cage and Freddy Krueger for most of my bad fights now.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Skarlet is the new love of my life =), i suck with her right now but she is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk as hell, and i will become good with her...she won't replace rain tho

Noob is after Skarlet, noob is just insanely fun, and it's great to see what i can get out of with his up knee

Cyber Sub is crazy, rush down, mixups, useing dive kicks kicks ass, i kinda suck with him but i still really like em

I used to main Cyrax, so i still fell i have a pretty good Cyrax, but i got so burned out on him haha

thoughts are the characters i really like, after that are the characters i don't take seriously but are fun to play witch is like most
the cast haha

Espio

Kokomo
I use Stryker, Jade, Sheeva, Kitana, and Sonya. Rain was my second in command for a while, but he has moved down a bit for me. I just suck at dealing with zoners without a consistent zoning tool of his own, he's really fun though and he has a rushdown style that I really enjoy and he's a favorite of mine, he's definitely top 4 for me.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I'd love to be able to get into Cyber Sub Zero, he seems like my type of character (I like under-played characters) and I love the way some of his combos look.

Him and Jax are my next projects I intend to learn.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Sub zero was my first main and i have a few just simple characters i know. Rain is now my most used and im slowly starting to learn Kenshi and Scorp. Kenshi is fun cause of the keep away games and scorp is just so fast and unpredictable.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'd love to get back to using Rain and make him my secondary... but I just can't ever seem to get anything going with him and I always get punished for teleporting.

I'd like to play some of you Rain guys with my day 1 Rain and find out what I need to do.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I'd love to get back to using Rain and make him my secondary... but I just can't ever seem to get anything going with him and I always get punished for teleporting.

I'd like to play some of you Rain guys with my day 1 Rain and find out what I need to do.
1 use lotsssssssssssssss of 4 3, 2 learn roundhouse cancels, 3 teleport once, MAYBE twice a match lol

Wish i played on xbox more =/, i think you saw my rain once, but i was fighting with a xbox controller...

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Kabal and Sonya at the moment. Just picking up Sonya and Rain as Kabal has been my main for sometime now.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
Hah I play Kabal/Sonya/Rain in that order too.

Rain only in low lag/lower skill online >_> otherwise can't do those high combos/roundhouse absorbs at all! Actually I need work on my rain in laggy matches I cannot play him period. (SunLord5 on PSN)