What's new

Who do you think will be revealed tomorrow for MKX? Vote!

Who do you think will be revealed tomorrow for MKX?

• Male

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Female

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • MK4 character

Votes: 29 18.4%
  • Brand New character

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • Returning MK9 character

Votes: 65 41.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
I'm thinking it will be a later character from MK4 or Deception. Something like Tanya, Jarek, Reiko, Fujin, Shujinko, Bo Rai Cho....somewhere in there.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
whoever gets revealed im pretty sure ill like them. MKX keeps making me contemplate characters i never would have before because there is usually at least one variation like.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Considering it's IGN, I doubt they'll reveal a character like Fujin, Reiko, Tanya or someone like that from the post-MK 3 era simply 'cause those characters aren't very well known to the casual MK audience. I'm going to guess it'll be someone like Mileena, Reptile, or Shang Tsung. Someone that's still fairly known, even to casual MK fans. Although, this could be a good way of getting this seemingly new character with the bow over with both casual and hardcore fans alike.

This stream on Friday (Saturday for me) though I have high hopes for. Seeing as how almost certainly everyone tuning into that stream will be a more hardcore fan of the series, them revealing a character like Fujin, Havik, Bo' Rai Cho or Reiko would make sense 'cause we would all know who they are.
Stream is on Thursday, not Friday.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I actually got the feeling it's Rain.

Something about Boon's tweet. Cool... Zap.

Rain is cold. And Rain has a lightning move.

I fucking hope it's Rain though. Character needs to be fleshed out and given a chance. He's already a fan favorite despite being the only pre- Mk4 character with any development. Even in Armaggeddon all he got was a mention that he was Taven's half-brother.

From a marketing standpoint I'd see IGN as useful tool, a way to start revving the hype machine into a higher gear. IGN has a production crew, built in audience, and commentators that can afford a means of introducing something that will reach audiences who aren't already paying attention and get them excited about MKX which is only 2.5 months out. Thus, I lean against a returning character. Simply saying Liu Kang or Johnny Cage is going to be in MKX might not do the trick. I'll qualify that though by saying if they have done something with a returning character that is really new and looks really good, then they might opt for that.

A new character, especially one that is already mentioned in the comics, could tie into the promotions already going. Jax's niece, an African-American female, could be hype, or even the cowboy dude. Similarly, IGN would have the tools to talk about a returning post-MK3 character, like Fujin or Shinnok, giving some background on who they were, why they were important to the MK story, and why we should be excited to see them in MKX. "Shinnok the Elder God is Back!" seems like a more interesting headline than "Liu Kang will be playable in MKX," then again, maybe not to the average consumer.

I suppose it could be some hybrid of these options, considering the variations aspect. For example, if Reptile a had Dragon Lord variation incorporating Onaga (incorporating a MK9 return with an older return), or if Mileena had some power variations premised on her war with Kotal Kahn (incorporating the comic and new storyline with a MK9 character). It wouldn't shock me to death if "Cyrax is playable" is the headline, but I'd think they missed an opportunity with IGN. There I just over-thought this.

Could it be when Ed responds with "It Might Wolf." he's really saying the reveal is relative to the word 'wolf'? So that's why I'm guessing Forest Fox and Reptile. And the moon picture makes me think of a "look to la luna/bark at the moon" clue. I get the impression he's referring to both Forest Fox and Reptile with all his clues. I mean think about how we didn't know if that cropped Kano pic displayed Kitana's fans or Kung Lao's hat.

Edit: Also why did Boon respond to to this tweet about a "fataliTREE"? https://twitter.com/jdpudel/status/559555172146237444/photo/1
My money is on Fox and Rep at this point.