What's new

Who do you think has the most balanced variations?

Apparently someone said mileena is a purely offensive character. Guess i missed that.

Knowing which punish to use has nothing to do with everyone's ability to do so. Everyone can. Thats all.
Everyone can press buttons. Therefore buttons don't define characters.

Yes, everyone can bait and punish. Just like everyone can play rushdown or zone, however there are characters with skillsets that favor particular types of gameplay.

I don't understand what you're saying, although just for a side note not all characters can punish the same things, nor can they get the same benefits from a punish.

No, Quan's overhead is the best overhead in the game, on its own, ignoring it's lack of safety (until Quan gets low bat out for a near unblockable then a 50-50 right after, gods help.) For its reach, its absolutely the fastest overhead. Hell, it might be the fastest anyway.
I was just thinking the other day that if Quan Chi's overhead didn't exist, he'd drop down in strength considerably.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Knowing which punish to use has nothing to do with everyone's ability to do so. Everyone can. Thats all.
I think @FL Rushdown is just saying that Mileena's toolset favours punishing stuff almost anywhere on screen at almost any moment, doing decent damage meterless while doing so.

Granted, considering universal run and existence of good analogues of her moves in the game, one can indeed say that she doesn't do her thing that much better than a lot of the cast - who happen to be able to do something else pretty good.

I think @FL Rushdown is just saying that Mileena's toolset favours punishing stuff almost anywhere on screen at almost any moment, doing decent damage meterless while doing so.

Granted, considering universal run and existence of good analogues of her moves in the game, one can indeed say that she doesn't do her thing that much better than a lot of the cast - who happen to be able to do something else pretty good.
That.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
How has no one said dvorah? I feel like she is the very definition of this. Are they not as balanced as I thought?
Swarm Queen is easily better than the other 2, with venomous being much closer to swarm queen than brood mother is(at the moment anyway). Swarm Queen is the safest, does the most damage, has the best block strings, has the best punishes, best mixups, etc.