What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Swarm Queen Who are you struggling with

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm an idiot.. his overhead ender is punishable?! On the F1 string? Like how negative?

Or are you talking about his 10000 framed overhead special?
Not rock shower, but the special
I'm an idiot.. his overhead ender is punishable?! On the F1 string? Like how negative?

Or are you talking about his 10000 framed overhead special?
DB2 D it's -12, It's punishable from all strings. Don't let them get away with this nonsense.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm having trouble against Tempest (Swam Queen here) any tips , especially what to hit back with during his pressure
To add on with KGT, if a Lao does orbiting hat and tries to approach you, just d4. It'll low profile and hit him, while putting you at advantage. If you see him stagger 11 go ahead and poke with d1/d4 (even though it's +1) 9/10 the Lao player will 11 again. All the other parts of the 11 string are minus so they will go into hat spin (-3) and you can poke after that, or bait a iaDiveKick.

When applying pressure to Lao, learn to cancel into block off her cancels as to bait ex spin. Same especially applies in the corner. During midscreen neutral, look for the teleport and d2 it, (S1 to assert dominance). His J2, even though it's broke, can be AA'd with d2 or you can be brave and do puddle as he's coming down to trade.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
I to have had trouble with tempest. Tempest players say the matchup is 5-5, most D'vorah players say it's 4-6 but there's some disparity for sure. So it's my understanding that all of his strings except his forward kicking move into normal hat can be interrupted with armor. It's a very good way to make him GTFO. Likewise his normal hat I believe is slightly negative, most players like to do their sweeping kick poke after or a dive kick (to beat our poke out). If you just block that then you can turn up that D'vorah pressure, but if Lao sees you respecting then he can restart pressure and stagger strings... which is a serious bitch.

I can't help you too much against his stagger strings cause those bop me pretty hard... but as far as blocking fuzzy guard high low, his overhead can be a double overhead though. My general strategy is just block him until he does a negative move or tries to do an unsafe normal hat (and armor through).

As far as poking out... d4 will go under his standing 1 which is useful, and we have a 7f standing 1, which is a good way to beat his stagger strings if you see them coming. I generally don't d1 unless to counter poke because d4 is more plus and s1 is faster/leads to combo on hit.

Another option is simply the neutral jump punch as a poke out of pressure, it works well against Tanya and does alright against Lao... it's just about reading when the stagger strings and throws come, which is very difficult.

I hope this helps a bit! Sorry I don't like this matchup very much and still haven't figured it out entirely lol.
To add on with KGT, if a Lao does orbiting hat and tries to approach you, just d4. It'll low profile and hit him, while putting you at advantage. If you see him stagger 11 go ahead and poke with d1/d4 (even though it's +1) 9/10 the Lao player will 11 again. All the other parts of the 11 string are minus so they will go into hat spin (-3) and you can poke after that, or bait a iaDiveKick.

When applying pressure to Lao, learn to cancel into block off her cancels as to bait ex spin. Same especially applies in the corner. During midscreen neutral, look for the teleport and d2 it, (S1 to assert dominance). His J2, even though it's broke, can be AA'd with d2 or you can be brave and do puddle as he's coming down to trade.
thanks a bunch guys, yeah it certainly feels like it's 4-6 or maybe even worse to me but thats why i wanted to ask, i even do better playing raiden against him. this is a lot of good information to absorb and stuff to work on, ill check back in later after i have some sets again

i struggle against characters that zone/space well. Kitana in particular (ESPECIALLY mournful) i struggle against. Insta air fans in the neutral/full screen are a pain in the ass to deal with. Our anti zoning tools don't work too particularly well against her (from what i feel anyway). By the time i finally get in on her and start pressure she generally has meter by then to Armour out. we have to respect her wake up options and reversals as well (me as a player, i seriously need to get better at baiting armored moves out during pressure, which obviously could be the biggest contributor to my problem in the match up). Ive been playing and loving this character since launch but i honestly feel like this match up is 4-6. I'd rather play the lao match up than dealing with fans all day.

I dont really super struggle in the predator match up but rounds are so lop sided with him its almost annoying, if he can keep me out he dominates, i touch him once, I dominate. very much a back and forth match up. Still, lazers are super annoying to deal with, and because his d4 out ranges all of dvorahs normals, its very easy for him to check you with it on reaction when coming in. on a side note though, I think its silly goose eggs dvora can run under regular straight lazer and whiff punish him (i love doing this lol). Ive always wanted to ask and hopefully someone will answer me is dvora the only character that can run under regular straight lazer?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
i struggle against characters that zone/space well. Kitana in particular (ESPECIALLY mournful) i struggle against. Insta air fans in the neutral/full screen are a pain in the ass to deal with. Our anti zoning tools don't work too particularly well against her (from what i feel anyway). By the time i finally get in on her and start pressure she generally has meter by then to Armour out. we have to respect her wake up options and reversals as well (me as a player, i seriously need to get better at baiting armored moves out during pressure, which obviously could be the biggest contributor to my problem in the match up). Ive been playing and loving this character since launch but i honestly feel like this match up is 4-6. I'd rather play the lao match up than dealing with fans all day.

I dont really super struggle in the predator match up but rounds are so lop sided with him its almost annoying, if he can keep me out he dominates, i touch him once, I dominate. very much a back and forth match up. Still, lazers are super annoying to deal with, and because his d4 out ranges all of dvorahs normals, its very easy for him to check you with it on reaction when coming in. on a side note though, I think its silly goose eggs dvora can run under regular straight lazer and whiff punish him (i love doing this lol). Ive always wanted to ask and hopefully someone will answer me is dvora the only character that can run under regular straight lazer?
Kitana other than Mournful is a winning mu for Debbie, IA fan gets blown up by puddle and you can d3/d4 under regular fan. 5-5/6-4 Debbie. Mournful is a 4-6 in my eyes though.
Predator loses to Debbie, u3 is your friend, run under lasers run past lasers, break his armor and GG.

Kitana other than Mournful is a winning mu for Debbie, IA fan gets blown up by puddle and you can d3/d4 under regular fan. 5-5/6-4 Debbie. Mournful is a 4-6 in my eyes though.
Predator loses to Debbie, u3 is your friend, run under lasers run past lasers, break his armor and GG.
thanks for the tips brah!