What's new

Who are you picking up? Who are you dropping? Who's getting more work?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Dropping:

No one. Still sticking with Spec Ops main, Covert Op/Special Forces secondary. Might put more work into SF now though.

Picking Up:

Inferno Scorpion - was always interested in the character but had no real drive to practice him. He got some questionable buffs and with it being practically a new game it seems to best time to jump it.

Konjurer Alien - Always LOVED this variation but HATED Alien with a passion so after about a week of playing around with it I dropped the every loving shit outta this character. I'm back in now though.

More Work:

Hunter Predator - Still practice with this one and will break him out in casuals, gonna actually try to make him my third now though with the overall nerfs run in pressure.

Kobu Jutsu Tanya - See above. Always felt like this variation had some real potential but never cared enough to put in work beyond casual training mode sessions here and there.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Both my characters are getting more work. Ronin and Sektor. I'm also picking BACK up Cybernetic and Ninjutsu because I'm interested to see how they play in the new meta.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Dropping:

okay so......I'm not dropping Impostor, but I'm still trying to figure out how much work to put in with him.

Picking up:

Smoke or Raiden, I feel like having one of those in the back pocket could be a good thing.

More work:

Jason, Cryo, Necromancer. These 3 variations honestly might be all I end up using. I really like the combination of the 3

omooba

fear the moobs
dropping all run cancel characters except liu kang cus my neutral isn't that good and they have a harder time in new mkx nuetral than others
picking up quan chi because i believe he's the best in the game

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Dropping: No one. Takeda made out like a bandit and CSZ is more or less the same.
Picking up: No one
More work: Probably Hunter and Lao.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Dropping:

Nobody. I was close to dropping D'vorah but i just can't. she is bae forever

Sticking With Main:Hollywood/Swarm Queen
Secondary:Special Forces/Grandmaster

Picking Up:

Ancestral

More Work:

Ninjutsu,Tempest,and Royal Storm

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Sticking with A-List and going to put more time into Cybernetic. A-List is still going to be good, just have to get used to his new pressure style instead of getting ridiculous chip and easy hit confirms.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Dropping:
Jax, Kotal, Erron

Keeping:
Quan, CSZ

Bringing back from the grave:
Fisticuffs Johnny, Cryo Sub

Picking up:
Warrior Predator

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Not dropping anybody. I'll just add them to the characters I play.

I'm picking up:
- Spectral Ermac (Will probably lead to Mystic down the line, as well)
- Cryomancer Sub Zero
- Cyber Sub Zero
- Balanced Kenshi (played him many versions ago, returning to him)

I want to play Gunslinger but I have a stupid attachment to Outlaw so more work lol.
Need to improve my Kitana, right now she's 100% fans and no damage output or conversions.
Need to improve my Necromancer (I only know the specials so far lol)
I feel like Jax is still good so I'll probably put more work in to him.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Dropping:

okay so......I'm not dropping Impostor, but I'm still trying to figure out how much work to put in with him.

Picking up:

Smoke or Raiden, I feel like having one of those in the back pocket could be a good thing.

More work:

Jason, Cryo, Necromancer. These 3 variations honestly might be all I end up using. I really like the combination of the 3
Yo, if you like Smoke you should try butcher because
A: He's super underrated
B: He's super fun
And C: I need more Butcher friends.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Dropping :
I don't know. I might consider dropping Quan but I'll see how it plays out.

Sticking :
I'm forever with the blade. Kenshi will always be my main. Plus I'm still playing Bone Shaper.

Picking Up :
I've been playing Commando Kano for a while now, and he's been a lot of fun. With this patch, now is the time to be putting in more work with him. Oh, and Unbreakable is still cool.

CrazyFingers

Dropping :
I don't know. I might consider dropping Quan but I'll see how it plays out.

Sticking :
I'm forever with the blade. Kenshi will always be my main. Plus I'm still playing Bone Shaper.

Picking Up :
I've been playing Commando Kano for a while now, and he's been a lot of fun. With this patch, now is the time to be putting in more work with him. Oh, and Unbreakable is still cool.
This is a man who likes his parries. Commendable.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Not dropping anyone, not picking anyone up.

Will have to rework my Sun God game plan, RIP B1.
New Cryomancer felt weird at first but I got used to the cmd grab. Need to completely rework his combos though.
Unbreakable is life now.
Bone Shaper got buffed hallelujah.

My pocket F/T, Grandmaster, and Balanced Kenshi will be played more down the line after I finish polishing the aforementioned mains.

Dropping:
Now I'm not dropping Dragon Naginata YET, but I'm seriously considering it. Her damage was a huge part of her and now it's completely gone. She lost 6% midscreen and 8% in the corner. Obviously, as you can tell that's complete bullshit. So, I might give her up.
Picking up:
I've got my eye on a few characters, but I won't say which ones.
Putting work:
-Kobu Jutsu
-Pyromancer
-Ethereal
-Ravenous
-Piercing
These variations are going to get so much more work out into them it's not even funny.

Dr_3k

Noob
Sticking with my three boys Tremor, Raiden, and Sektor for sure

Dropping butcher lossing armor df2 i feel really hurt him on trying to get in on a zoner

And i might pick up cybernetic or pyromancer

Dragon Naginata's damage output as of now is really tempting me to drop her but I never will. Maybe there is more to learn.

Interested in picking up: Hat Trick, Ancestral, and Displacer.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Dropping: Cutthroat Kano
Working More On: Commando Kano
Still sticking with: Cybernetic, Relentless Jason, and Butcher Leatherface
Picking up: Either Dragon's Breath Bo or Ravenous Mileena

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
PICK UP:

Unstoppable- Wont be hard seeing as how Ive loved relentless forever now

Cryo- Im a sucker for grapplers and I love subzero

Unbreakable- Would love to see the untapped potential of this variation

Raiden- Haven't decided which variation yet

CSZ- Always wanted to use him just never did

Covert OPS- 50/50s into 33/33/33s

Ermac- I used to play the shit out of him when I first got MKX, but dropped him awhile back. Not sure which variation to go back to though. Leaning towards either Mystic or MOS. Probably going to be Mystic because I used to play MOS.

Kotal- Not sure if I should pick up Sun god or blood god

Leatherdaddy- Learned a bit of Killer. Havent decided if I should go killer or butcher

DROPPING:
N/A. Only tier whores do this.

MORE WORK:
All my chars. (Relentless, Hunter, GM, Smoke)

CrazyFingers

PICK UP:

Unstoppable- Wont be hard seeing as how Ive loved relentless forever now

Cryo- Im a sucker for grapplers and I love subzero

Unbreakable- Would love to see the untapped potential of this variation

Raiden- Haven't decided which variation yet

CSZ- Always wanted to use him just never did

Covert OPS- 50/50s into 33/33/33s

Ermac- I used to play the shit out of him when I first got MKX, but dropped him awhile back. Not sure which variation to go back to though. Leaning towards either Mystic or MOS. Probably going to be Mystic because I used to play MOS.

Kotal- Not sure if I should pick up Sun god or blood god

Leatherdaddy- Learned a bit of Killer. Havent decided if I should go killer or butcher

DROPPING:
N/A. Only tier whores do this.

MORE WORK:
All my chars. (Relentless, Hunter, GM, Smoke)
Butcher is more fun imo but both are about the same in strength right now.

myri

Time Warrior
Pre-patch: Triborg (Sektor only), Bo' (All Variations) and Kung Lao (Tempest)

Now: The same, but I'm going to start on Hat Trick and Buzzsaw for Lao.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Maining:
Tremor- Survived the patch! Flash Parry for lyfe
Sektor- Upraded straight missile? Ill take it. Being able to zone, and counter zone against Tremors tougher match ups.. looking at you kitana, probably pyro now, etc. Wanna through shit at me? Hold this teleport punch.

Dropping:
Marksmen Erron Black-. More of a pocket i used for fun.. BUT! 23 frame OH, Cancel character. Bye Marksman.

Returning to:
Raiden- I have yet to test lightning cancel combos, but i assume they are totally funcional. Stll has thunder clone tech, and electrocutes a mid. Sounds good to me!
Cyber Sub Zero: f13~ice ball is enough to make me use CSZ all the time in casuals. The characters a blast so long as winning isn't your #1 goal.

Picking up:
Pyro Tanya: I think her mobility, armor on purple pocket sand, and buffs to fireballs makes her incredible on paper in the new meta. Ready to give her a whirl.
Cryo/Unstoppable: Cryos command grab and the fact it can tick off a billion different things is glorious. Unstoppable still doesn't give a fuck about armor. He seems VERY good now.