What's new

"Who are you not going to play?" results from the MK sub-reddit

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
You and me both pal. I am not sure what it is about sonya. But i just cant stand her. Maybe thats why i cant stand cassie either. The sins of the mother passes to the daughter. Jacqui will be a beast no doubt. But i think Sonya will be strong aswell. But i really wont care about her even if she is the strongest character in mk11.
Sonya has always just been so....bland to me. Cassie does nothing for me either, to be honest. She is more interesting though, I'll give her that.

I'd trade both of them for Sindel, as far as female characters go.

Sonya has always just been so....bland to me. Cassie does nothing for me either, to be honest. She is more interesting though, I'll give her that.

I'd trade both of them for Sindel, as far as female characters go.
Not a favorite of mine but i would also take Sindel over both of them. She is a really tragic figure if you think about it and her moveset and design is far more interesting to me. Then again i would literaly take any character over these two (yes that includes Hsu Hao).

DeftMonk

Noob
Cetrion needs her own diagram
best post i've ever seen you make. In all seriousness... this character sucks anus. The only positives to be seen are by competitive players who think like " oh long range 8 frame punish + zone + bla bla bla YA FOR SURE!" These kind of players would play as a fucking nutsack running around the screen if it had the same abilities and frame data. I don't play as nutsacks.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Even Shao Kahn thinks Special Forces SUCK.

Johnny and Cassie are kool though. Let them do their own thing.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
So what? If we only put in the game the popular characters, we could only play as edgy ninjas and I would play another videogame.

Also keep in mind that Reddit is full of kids and newcomers to the series, which means Kano or Sonya are much muuuch more popular among the older players who are unlikely to browse Reddit much.

In other news: kids like to play as edgy ninjas and don't like to play as adult and/or unique characters. What is new?
Yeah cuz military ppl with guns are such a wonderful step up from the generic edgy ninjas.

Lun

proud TERF!
Yeah cuz military ppl with guns are such a wonderful step up from the generic edgy ninjas.

Have you thought that the reason there's so many military people with guns in Mortal Kombat 11 is precisely because the developers assumed that if kids like edgy ninjas so much, they'll like those too?

Darth-Nero

Have you thought that the reason there's so many military people with guns in Mortal Kombat 11 is precisely because the developers assumed that if kids like edgy ninjas so much, they'll like those too?
Have you thought about how you're contradicting yourself and your "reddit kids" theory is pure hogwash?

Lun

proud TERF!
Have you thought about how you're contradicting yourself and your "reddit kids" theory is pure hogwash?
I haven't contraddicted myself.

- Kids love to play the edgy ninjas.

- The devs assumed people would love to play as military dudes too.

One doesn't contraddict the other.

I can see you disagree with my idea, and that's ok buddy. I don't think I can change your mind on that.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The problem with Jacqui is that first impressions matter, a lot, in fighting games. If a character is annoying to play against, they will receive tons of hate. If they are new, they will receive hate unless they are just over the top awesome. If they are new they will also receive hate for taking perceived spots away from favorites.

Unfortunately for her, she's doomed to be hated due to MKX's depiction of her.

And OF COURSE people want to play the "edgy" ninjas the most. They're among the coolest characters... sorry, it's just a fact.

Darth-Nero

In other news: kids like to play as edgy ninjas and don't like to play as adult and/or unique characters. What is new?
I haven't contraddicted myself.
You say kids voted special forces cuz they are kids and kids are all about edgy ninjas and wouldn't bother with more "unique" characters, I then tell you military characters with guns are not unique in the slightest either of which your response is that perhaps they were added to appeal to kids???

You're defending the characters that you like while blaming everything on the kids, an argument that i find stupid and dismissive. I am no kid, am 32 y/o and i am sick of Sonya's smug face every game and still don't think Jaquie deserved that slot despite her polish, Yet i accepted that they are here, but even if i didn't i still wouldn't go out of my way to discredit a poll result on one of the most famous social platforms visited by millions of players everyday.