What's new

Who are you maining?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Im thinking of boarding the tekken 8 hypetrain as well. I only played tekken 5 years and years ago, and remembered liking Yoshimitsu the most, even thought he seemed VERY wacky and with lots and lots of completely useless moves/strings.

Is he a hard to pick up character this time around? In tekken 5 I remember I could just mostly ignore most of the weird moves and just do the 10 hit combos and some sword specials and that'd be enough to win without much trouble - instead of, say, rolling around continuosly taking damage, only to then try set him up in a meditation stance that would take AGES to heal like 5%.
Speaking as someone who hasn't touched a Tekken game since Tag 1, the game as a whole is way more beginner-friendly than I expected it to be, given the franchise's reputation. I picked up Jun, and thanks to a guide, it only took me about a day before I felt comfortable with her.

Characters still have over a hundred moves, yeah, but the move list has a separate tab that lists some of their more useful buttons, so instead of 100+, you only have about 15-ish moves to think about, along with some sample combos to get you started. I think characters across the board have been streamlined to be a lot more approachable, which is great for people like me who wanna try and play more than a few of them.

Agilaz

It has begun
watched @Evil Canadian 's video on how to choose a main; prerelease i was most interested in king and azucena based on their trailers. once i watched the vid and got the game in my hands i found myself gravitating to even more character; azucena, king, dragunov, leroy and feng

ended up starting off with Azucena cause her stance bullshit is just too fun

LEGEND

YES!
Leo's moveset has a very MK feel to me. Great range and goofy stagger.

The training mode is incredible. Spent less than 30 minutes running through his punish options and combo trials and already felt comfortable enough to play online, as a first time Tekken player.

Leo's moveset has a very MK feel to me. Great range and goofy stagger.

The training mode is incredible. Spent less than 30 minutes running through his punish options and combo trials and already felt comfortable enough to play online, as a first time Tekken player.
i feel like hes the same as Lion in VF5

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Don't forget to utilise the replays people. Game will give you pointers on how to improve, and you can even dive into the replay and correct your mistakes. It truly is astounding.

Honestly, I see people still say Tekken isn't that beginner friendly. But special style for outright casuals, arcade quest to teach you the basics in a fun package, an in depth practice mode, suggested core moves, suggested combos and this replay system honestly make it a next level package on that front imo.

Don't forget to utilise the replays people. Game will give you pointers on how to improve, and you can even dive into the replay and correct your mistakes. It truly is astounding.

Honestly, I see people still say Tekken isn't that beginner friendly. But special style for outright casuals, arcade quest to teach you the basics in a fun package, an in depth practice mode, suggested core moves, suggested combos and this replay system honestly make it a next level package on that front imo.
they do miss some basics like readable move data in the menu though. its a bit tedious to execute your whole movelist everytime youre in search of a specific tool.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
My bad guys and gals I lied…i switched to jack him out and made the switch…lol

Zviko

Noob
I want to try so many more characters but every time I try one, it's tough to move on because everyone is so fun. Xiaoyu is my favorite so far, Zafina close second.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If I ever played, it'd probably be as Raven because it's the closest I'll likely get to playing as Blade in a fighting game.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
I am using Dragunov at the moment. I've have used him in other Tekkens so he feels comfortable to me. He's got some oppressive pressure and hella dmg which warms my heart.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've been running only Azucena, but getting so tired of running into Kings and Dragunovs I think I may have to have a week of Drag just to try and better deal with that. Not a char I normally have interest in.

I refuse to debase myself enough to try King. King enjoyers are too plentiful and clearly the worst of humanity

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I have largely played as Claudio, Victor, and dabbled in others. I love how I can make all the men shirtless and Panda all pink. so cute! Zafina I think I can really get into. I'm enjoying myself with all of them! Zafina gives me Enchantress vibes from DC.