What's new

Question - Kenshi Which Variation is the Simplest?

MORDECA1

Noob
I am new to fighters. Killer Instinct Season 2 was my first. I am now a level 50 in MKX and have been maligning Kano and Kotal Kahn. I want to learn Kenshi next.

I win more than I lose online but it is a struggle. I don't consider myself very good, but I feel very strongly about playing Kenshi despite what I hear. What variation do you guys consider the simplest one to learn for average players?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Obviously balanced is the easiest one.

Kenjutsu is the best one atm but also the hardest to learn.

Also use search before creating thread. This was already answered like 2-3 times.

Also use search before creating thread. This was already answered like 2-3 times.
This. Also, Kenshi is arguably one of the better characters in the roster now, so I don't know what you may have heard that would imply there is a negative aspect in regards to learning him as an alternative character.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412

To be fair...I spent all morning going through kenshi forums trying to figure out post patch what the best variation to pick up myself....turns out there seems to be a lot of differing oppinions.

Immortal

Blind justice....
To be fair...I spent all morning going through kenshi forums trying to figure out post patch what the best variation to pick up myself....turns out there seems to be a lot of differing oppinions.
A lot of different opionions on which variation is the easiest one to learn?

Pretty much all agree that balanced is the easiest one to learn, Possessed is in the middle and Kenjutsu is the hardest one.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
A lot of different opionions on which variation is the easiest one to learn?

Pretty much all agree that balanced is the easiest one to learn, Possessed is in the middle and Kenjutsu is the hardest one.
I actually think that for a new player kenjutsu isnt that bad if they dont do the db1 link,

b32 db4ex fj2 43 ender
f32 db4ex fj2 43 ender
b1 db4ex fj2 43 ender
f2 bf2 relatively safe way to condition them to block high(esp. online)

those combos are all really simple, and they dont require you to be on top of the opponent, so almost anyone can do them, and with the zoning tools he has which he doesnt have to specify location like in possessed and balanced, i think its pretty easy online, its just a much more meter dependant less optimized kenshi

Noob
Balanced is the most forgiving, because db1 recovers about 12 frames faster in that variation unlike the other 2 (21 in balanced, as opposed to 33 in the others) and db1 juggles are the easiest combos to learn for big damage.