What's new

Question - Scorpion Which Scorpion Variation seems like the best?

The one variation to rule them all?

• Total voters
I'm really liking Inferno, but I haven't been able to dig deep into all of the variations. I love Ninjutsu's B2, but having the option to truly play lame with inferno is great.

huber

Noob
Inferno stands out as the best. Being able to put shit on the screen has proven more viable than what ninjutsu and hellfire offer.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Well im guessing Scorpions Inferno class is cheap. Ive been using him this morning.
Getting a lot of cheap hatemail because his apparent "full screen mixup"
I wonder if this will get him nerfed.
Anyways just putting out how good inferno is.
Havent gotten to try the Ninja Class out. Cant wait.

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
Ninjusu to me seems more like a rush down because of the long range with the swords.
Inferno Seems more like the wait and provoke then punish.
Hellfire is kinda complex, but basic attacks and combo makes it fair for basic players.
Hellfire is my kind of type. The chip you get from the fire on his body helps overtime if you know how to use it.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
My Impressions from about 6hrs in practice mode with Scorps:

Hellfire, and Ninjutsu are about the same. Both with their advantages and disadvantages.

WIth Hellfire, you can use DB4 to extend combos or go for resets. Also you can frame trap with fireball cancel.
With Ninjutsu, you can have real 50/50 after teleport because F2 actually launches the opponent compared to the over two variations which only KD the opponent.

Inferno, IMO has more potential than the other two variations. Mostly because of DB4, you can get 40% combos with 1 bar. And meterless 35% combos into vortex reset with this variation.

Can post video guide for Inferno by request only.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
My Impressions from about 6hrs in practice mode with Scorps:

Hellfire, and Ninjutsu are about the same. Both with their advantages and disadvantages.

WIth Hellfire, you can use DB4 to extend combos or go for resets. Also you can frame trap with fireball cancel.
With Ninjutsu, you can have real 50/50 after teleport because F2 actually launches the opponent compared to the over two variations which only KD the opponent.

Inferno, IMO has more potential than the other two variations. Mostly because of DB4, you can get 40% combos with 1 bar. And meterless 35% combos into vortex reset with this variation.

Can post video guide for Inferno by request only.
Ill happily watch the video :)
Anyone know of good punishes with Scorpion? Cant seem to get full combo punishes in the game

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
His only overhead is his f4 in that variation. It's pretty slow, obscurly unsafe and requires meter if you want damage off it. Inferno it's just as risky but without the need of meter. And Hellfire he can make it safe for good damage with no meter. Same with his low in b3. Ninjitsu his b3 is high risk/moderate reward, Inferno it's high risk/high reward, and Hellfire low risk/high reward.

Plus the fact he has f2 in his other variations as a quick/safe overhead that knockdown with damage that will add up if people refuse to acknowledge it, and then b3 comes in.

Ninjitsu he can mix up throw with f2 pretty well, which is what MIT was doing in the ESL tourney. Not bad, but he's forced to guess right more often offensively in that variation.
EX spear is only like -5 on block. You can make pretty much any mixup with scorpion safe when canceled into that. At the cost of meter though :(

It's so damn fast though that it's almost like being at advantage lol.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Honestly I made my judgement when trying the character on my own before the inferno train hit. I will say I want to try to figure our hellfire largely due to the high number of inferno users and I don't like being a dime a dozen so to speak. I'm gonna lab hellfire this weekend, maybe we can all figure something out (not a big fan of ninjitsu) @PANDA go ahead and throw up the vid, I'll watch. I'm trying to level up and get any and all info I can.

I must be doing it wrong (zoning agqinst ermac...lelz) but I think HF is better at zoning than inferno; if youre hit before the demons are onscreen, the move is cancelled. And we already know that the startup is huge.

HF on the other hand...idk. You can keep them honest with demonfire, flame aura...not sure if the fireball can also be used to zone. Help?

All in all...i feel that nrs did an awesome job implementing the variations; the change in gameplay is more drastic than selecting an ism in sfa3 or an ultra in usf4.

So in a nutshell

Ninjutsu - poking and footsies. Watchout for fast moves like reptiles dash; i read that he can counter any of his sword normals (whiffed? Blocked?)
Inferno - hi risk mixups and HUGE damage capabilities. Low execution* (calm your t**s...read on)
Hellfire - high execution (i imagine mk9 kabal mainers would be at home here) but low risk and equally huge damage potential. I assume run cancelling is CRITICAL for successfully using HF?

I like the Inferno variation for the low minion (obviosly) and the Hellfire variation is very fun to play when you cancel your strings with flame aura. Not digging ninjitsu that much.

@kivatt

Scorpions vortex in a nutshell

Any combo on a grounded opponent that leads to a regular teleport attack. From here, you can:

- attack low (ie: sweep, b3 to spear)
- attack overhead (ie: f2, f4 to spear)
- grab
- bait a punish, and then punish the blocked punish (am i making sense?)

Excluding the grab option, youll notice that you can make another combo if your spear combo lands. And you can do another combo involving a teleport attack, and then loop again. That is the point of the vortex; gambling in order to deal bigger damage.

in general, the riskier the mixup , the bigger the reward (sweep vs b3 to spear).

Pros: if the opponent guesses wrong, free damage for you
Cons: if you guess wrong, big damage on you

That my friend, is scorpions vortex.

@hellfire variant users:

Is the aura safe on block? Sample block string: 214>flame aura

Last edited:
@kivatt

Is the aura safe on block? Sample block string: 214>flame aura
As far as I can tell, 214>flame aura specifically isn't safe. I think 114>flame aura is, though. In any case, you can always keep doing 214>teleport/tackle so they'll expect a fourth hit after 214 and only then they'll try to punish you. Then you start doing 214>flame aura and they will expect a fourth hit before trying to attack you - and at this time you'll have flame aura on.

Having a hard time deciding between inferno and hellfire inferno is straight forward but there seems to be more useful tools with hellfire.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
After putting more time into Ninjitsu and Hellfire this week, then going back to Inferno the past couple of days. I'm finding it very hard to pick one above the other two, his counter zoning in Inferno is unreal, his footsies and whiff punish ability in Ninjitsu is superb and Hellfire offers good pressure, zoning, incredibly high damage, OTG damage and flame aura.

I honestly don't think any one will end up being better than the other two, it's going to come down to the matchup you're going up against.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Inferno is overrated:coffee:
100% agreed.
You guys might think that I'm crazy, but IMHO Inferno is his WORST variation. Many people just like to use it due to its combo extending potential and pseudo-fullscreen mixup. Inferno won't help you with anything else. Seriously, if you're fullscreen and see Scorpion doing his minion summon animation, just fuzzy guard it and that's it, Scorpion is destroyed and has nothing else to help him in this variation.

Hellfire on the other hand... GEEZ, it's amazing. Best variation, hands down. You can make every single string safe AND create inescapable frame traps that builds 90% of a bar of meter. It's fantastic. I have yet to be defeated by a Inferno Scorpion using Hellfire.

For real, guys. Stop using Inferno. It's bad and in a few months nobody will be using it, except random online players.