What's new

Which of these characters would you play if they were buffed?

Which of these characters have weaknesses that keep you from playing them?

• lui kang

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • jax

• jacqui

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • kabal

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • skarlet

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • kitana

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • jade

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • noob saibot

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • cetrion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kollector

• cassie

• raiden

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • frost

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • johnny cage

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • kano

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • shao kahn

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • d'vorrah

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • kotal kahn

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • kung lao

• I don't really care about weaknesses when I choose to play a character.

Votes: 33 26.4%

• Total voters
I
Kotal Kahn obviously. But his weakness hasn't stopped me from playing him completely, I just don't enjoy him as much at the moment.

Honestly from the other characters I played it would probably be D'vorah, she feels like she has a lot of potential to be fun to play, but in her current state, this ain't it.
I've seen people make her look viable - REO, Honeybee - but personally I'm just too scrubby to deal with it

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
The game is still young. It's too early to call for buffs. Give it time. We should refrain from calling for buffs and nerfs until the game has had time to simmer for a while. I realize that D'vora and Shao Khan may need something but still, players might find some tech with them

Shao Kahn having such weak taunts and taunts being very useful for his KB game is BS. I can't think of a single set-up that doesn't get punished on reaction.

Does NRS intend for him to lose 25-30% of his life just to use his debuff???

They butchered Kotal. He's better than Shao Kahn but incredibly unfun to play and also ridiculously unsafe on everything with no good set ups, no mix, no good ticks, and no fast mids.

The game is still young. It's too early to call for buffs. Give it time. We should refrain from calling for buffs and nerfs until the game has had time to simmer for a while. I realize that D'vora and Shao Khan may need something but still, players might find some tech with them
I disagree. Time and time again people have complained about things correctly and had to wait months for changes because the attitude was "wait and see". They didn't nerf deadshot until it was a top 8 of all deadshot mirrors. They didn't buff Swamp Thing until damn near a year into the game.

If you wait too long it'll be too late to retain players. It's 2019 patches happen all the time. If someone finds some tech you can always patch again.

Iconic Horror

Behold The Kingdom Of The Wretched Undying
I disagree. Time and time again people have complained about things correctly and had to wait months for changes because the attitude was "wait and see". They didn't nerf deadshot until it was a top 8 of all deadshot mirrors. They didn't buff Swamp Thing until damn near a year into the game.

If you wait too long it'll be too late to retain players. It's 2019 patches happen all the time. If someone finds some tech you can always patch again.
1000% agree. Yes give it maybe a bit longer but I know i don't want to wait till freakin December (what some people have said) for a patch and i'm sure others feel the same way.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please

You raise a good point and I agree with your examples. But consider the fact that the game has only been out for 3 weeks. As a community we could not possibly acsertain every character's potential this early. The meta for the game has not been fully fleshed out just yet.

We can be in a better position within 2 or 3 months after the game's release. DBFZ did not buff characters after 3 weeks. They took their time to see what the community did with all the characters, collected the data and at the right time, applied the changes when they knew that the community was mostly ready.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd like to wait on patches until at least June/July. Give players time to really figure out matchups and tools.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I chose the last one because tier levels don't really matter, you can always make something out of it. But I mean, I got Cassie so, I don't care if D'vorah becomes S tier, I'm still the windshield and she's still the bug.

You raise a good point and I agree with your examples. But consider the fact that the game has only been out for 3 weeks. As a community we could not possibly acsertain every character's potential this early. The meta for the game has not been fully fleshed out just yet.

We can be in a better position within 2 or 3 months after the game's release. DBFZ did not buff characters after 3 weeks. They took their time to see what the community did with all the characters, collected the data and at the right time, applied the changes when they knew that the community was mostly ready.
I think June is reasonable for the popular buff requests like d'vorrah shao and kotal. Just fix what's broken, that's it. lol and they can go ahead and take out that weird thing geras has in infinite warden where he can DB2 and charge his uppercuts to do 23% for the rest of the round. I think they were legit trolling us with that one

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
D'Vorah. It's not really a matter of her being bad and more that she just doesnt feel good to play at ALL in her current state. She's clunky, slow, and awkward since they removed her ability to do certain string extensions on whiff and lowered her speed by so much.

I'm fine with her being unsafe with her crazy range, advancement, and traps; but at least make her FEEL good..

Well, some things are really obvious off the bat. You don't need one big patch that fixes everything as opposed to a few little patches which deal with the obvious outliers as quickly as possible and then leave the more detailed rework which more thought would have to put into until later.

D'Vorah. It's not really a matter of her being bad and more that she just doesnt feel good to play at ALL in her current state. She's clunky, slow, and awkward since they removed her ability to do certain string extensions on whiff and lowered her speed by so much.

I'm fine with her being unsafe with her crazy range, advancement, and traps; but at least make her FEEL good..
I agree with that. She might be playable currently but she isn't fun or satisfying imo.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I understand people are wanting to wait for huge updates but every month that goes by is another tournament that Kotal and others won't be used. Small buffs isn't a bad thing and won't destroy the game. To many act like buffs are unchanging and they act like it's a no go back situation when it's not. Buffs can be minor and be slightly adjusted a few weeks later.

Kotal and Shao need buffs, D'Vorah is definitely in need of adjustments and in my opinion Kung Lao has some serious problems, everything's unsafe and gimicky so I think he needs help to for many reasons.
I'd love to see other characters like Kotal, Shao Kahn, Kung Lao, Raiden and D'Vorah make top 8s but I fear they won't until they get some QoL adjustments.
If we wait months for buffs then all these characters sit out many tournaments and that's not fair. No one wants to be tier whores and want to use thier favs.
By all means let the massive balance update come later on but bring on small tweaks and QOL for the bottom half and see where it goes then adjust what is truly broke.