What's new

Which Kameo are you using?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm liking the look of quite a few main fighters, but struggling to decide which Kameo to use them for them. With Sindel and Tanya who I've been using so far, Sektor and Lao respectively seemed right to me almost immediately.

With Rain, I've tried pretty much every kameo and I don't feel any have a particular synergy yet. Who are you using, and what reasoning like what's your gameplan?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So far I've only tested Sektor and Scorpion. Sektor is quickly seeming more obsolete to me, as his rockets are basically the only thing I use, as a way to make strings safe/tricky. Scorpion is good for converting off of launching strings that arent cancellable and has a (slow, but still somewhat useful) overhead.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
So far I've only tested Sektor and Scorpion. Sektor is quickly seeming more obsolete to me, as his rockets are basically the only thing I use, as a way to make strings safe/tricky. Scorpion is good for converting off of launching strings that arent cancellable and has a (slow, but still somewhat useful) overhead.
Yeah Scorpion seemed good for his conversion, off his low (b2 I think) too. Whats the gameplan with Scorp? Is it to use him more rushdown focused with mixups and damage? Or just that when the zoning fails you at least get bettor options? The spear is probably good to take you back full screen too.

I quite liked Sub as you can with feeze you can get a full charged bf1 followed up by a fully charged roundhouse kick which is satisfying. Or you can set up portal and continue the combo. But I don't like how he doesn't help the neutral much. The ice armour would make him better at the zoning war though...

Sektor I like a lot for Sindels zoning and setups/oki, just didn't feel as good with Rain for whatever reason to me

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Yeah Scorpion seemed good for his conversion, off his low (b2 I think) too. Whats the gameplan with Scorp? Is it to use him more rushdown focused with mixups and damage? Or just that when the zoning fails you at least get bettor options? The spear is probably good to take you back full screen too.

I quite liked Sub as you can with feeze you can get a full charged bf1 followed up by a fully charged roundhouse kick which is satisfying. Or you can set up portal and continue the combo. But I don't like how he doesn't help the neutral much. The ice armour would make him better at the zoning war though...

Sektor I like a lot for Sindels zoning and setups/oki, just didn't feel as good with Rain for whatever reason to me
I think Scorpion's gameplan is just that, mixing overheads in strings to keep them guessing and using his fireballs to extend juggles that would otherwise be impossible. It's nothing crazy but it's simple and effective, an honest work if I would say so myself.

Thus far I find I'm liking Kameo Sub-Zero with Kitana. Still trying to decide for Mileena, but leaning perhaps towards Goro.

I think Scorpion's gameplan is just that, mixing overheads in strings to keep them guessing and using his fireballs to extend juggles that would otherwise be impossible. It's nothing crazy but it's simple and effective, an honest work if I would say so myself.
I think his fireballs also work as gross anti air in certain circumstances and the crumple on the overhead might be long enough to do some setups (still need to lab that). Obviously his spear is great for just opting out of nonsense and setting up your long range game again.

Cryax, sub, and motaro on occasion. I have begun to consider cryax more valuable than scorpion.

Outside of armored geyser conversions, cryax allows for ground confirms without inducing gravity, and you still keep ground pressure on block. Charged s4 combos are overrated and just look swaggy. Seldom do you actually need the side switch. And it's much easier to cash in on 2 cameo charge combos In the corner with cyrax.

I'm still hoping there will be state of Rain that can actually play as a good zoner alongside an improved motaro. I'd take strong control via zoning over high combo damage conversions personally but sadly that is not the state of the character currently. I play motaro just to keep myself aquatinted in the hopes of buffs.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Frost. Oki off ice ball, easy combo extensions off a low freeze, a wakeup, and a chip/safety tool. The only thing she lacks is a zoning projectile and none of her moves are ambush. I also kind of wish they went with the classic ice bombs instead of the floating crystal ball thing, but that's just aesthetic.

Frost. Oki off ice ball, easy combo extensions off a low freeze, a wakeup, and a chip/safety tool. The only thing she lacks is a zoning projectile and none of her moves are ambush. I also kind of wish they went with the classic ice bombs instead of the floating crystal ball thing, but that's just aesthetic.
Rain absolutely needs an ambush option if he is going to play any kind of offense.