What's new

Question - Scorpion Which jump attacks beat scorpion ji3

Amios

Noob
Hey folks.
Since I am new to the game and having problems beating neutral jumps or jump in attacks, I am interested in a rough comparison between the jumpin attacks of the hole charakter staff and scorpions JI3.
I even dont know, if it is possible to take a general statement.

Optional a list whom to jump in and how to not jump in would be nice.

Thanks

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
they press their jump attack BEFORE you press 3 that's why. It's "read and reaction" game. You can't jump on almost everyone if they're on offensive mode. But you can jump if they respect your footsie game so much that they hold block most of the time. At the current patch everyone has anti air now, ranging from amazingly good to decent. So if you want to jump, watch your opponents or make a read

XxDark_

Noob
its harder to anti air jump kicks. and it wouldn't be to smart to try an contest scorpion in the air with a jump attack of your own because scorpions jik is good and leads into a combo once they teleport. also don't get into the habit of jumping a lot anyways.

they press their jump attack BEFORE you press 3 that's why. It's "read and reaction" game. You can't jump on almost everyone if they're on offensive mode. But you can jump if they respect your footsie game so much that they hold block most of the time. At the current patch everyone has anti air now, ranging from amazingly good to decent. So if you want to jump, watch your opponents or make a read
No, it's because Scorpion jump :r:fkis OD, it has like 1 frame startup and 9000 active frames so you need a move that has negative frames startup if Scorpion jumps first :DOGE

It beats d2s and other jumps very often. Its + on block even if it connects very high on your charachter.

Your best way to deal with it is usually not to find a "better" jump in, but to remember that it will generally allow you to counter with armor if Scorpion does a string (block stun isn't enough to lock you). With some characters you can pretty safely back after too.