What's new

Which good character's bad variation is going to get buffed the most?

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
DISCLAIMER: The words good and bad are somewhat subjective this early in the game's life. The characters I'm referring to are the ones that as of right now have at least one variation that is considered or has been proven to be a solid, tournament viable option. High tier, mid-high, whatevs.

Everyone's talking about top ten characters. But each of these characters has three builds. And even the highest tier characters have variations that flat out are not worth using. I'd like to hear which character's weakest spec you think is going to get Kenshi style buffs in the next big patch. I'm not talking about the lower end of the ladder where all three variations have glaring issues, I'm talking about the mid to high tiers.

Notable contenders IMO:
Warlock Quan
Demolition Sonya
Hat Trick Kung Lao
Ethereal Mileena
Ancestral Kung Jin
Master of Storms Raiden
Spectral Ermac
Brood Mother D'vorah
Ninjutsu Scorpion

If I had to pick one, I'd want Hat Trick Lao. It was one of the variations that really popped out to me when the game was revealed and they showed him off, but when the game came out the mechanic felt out of place, and just didn't seem fast enough. It could be some killer top tier shit, but right now there's just no point.

Last edited:

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
id like to say spectral ermac but i cant see how they could ever make it viable

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Sorceror quan?

I'm so f ing outta here
Wait. Is Sorcerer good? I've never seen it used in tournament, mentioned on here, or played against one online that wasn't terrible. Is Warlock the weakest? I see way more people playing Warlock than Sorc out of the two.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Wait. Is Sorcerer good? I've never seen it used in tournament, mentioned on here, or played against one online that wasn't terrible. Is Warlock the weakest? I see way more people playing Warlock than Sorc out of the two.[/QUOTE
warlock is the weakest, you should check out ketchup playing sorcerer. v strong in the right hands

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Wait. Is Sorcerer good? I've never seen it used in tournament, mentioned on here, or played against one online that wasn't terrible. Is Warlock the weakest? I see way more people playing Warlock than Sorc out of the two.
I think you're confusing them

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Kitana Mournful....cuz wut is dis variation. just kidding her entire character needs work so she's out.

I'd like to see Gunslinger Erron Black, or Ninjitsu Scorpion get buffed.