What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Which Erron Black variation are you most hyped for?

Which Variation Are You Most Hype For?

• Total voters

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Erron Black looks like Clint Eastwood in the good the bad and the ugly. This character looks like the character that will be played from fullscreen and spam shots the entire match. Erron Black looks the poster boy for "more shooting-less fighting". A true waste of character.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Erron Black looks like Clint Eastwood in the good the bad and the ugly. This character looks like the character that will be played from fullscreen and spam shots the entire match. Erron Black looks the poster boy for "more shooting-less fighting". A true waste of character.
I disagree. His shots look too slow to "spam". Gonna have to pick and choose the right time to shoot.
I feel he will be a good zoner. "easy" to use, but difficult to actually master and do well with.

I don't understand why people think Outlaw seems bad just because of the impale lol. So we're going to ignore the fact that he has a move that leaves the opponent stunned for so long that you're able to combo a jump-in? The only real stinker about impale is the EN version causing the sword's cooldown to be longer. I doubt he's actually fucked if he loses the sword, unless his common strings are absolutely terrible.

Gunslinger is the one I'm playing for sure, but the other two seem pretty good too. Def learning all 3 variations for this guy.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I disagree. His shots look too slow to "spam". Gonna have to pick and choose the right time to shoot.
I feel he will be a good zoner. "easy" to use, but difficult to actually master and do well with.
I hope your right, because he looks like a character with the potential for becoming annoying and making gameplay boring.

Yeah I agree, his anti-projectile slide, command grab, stances, launchers and impale give me a Deathstroke vibe for sure.

NHDR

Noob
Gunslinger for sure, will try marksman though. I'll probably use both and just ignore outlaw.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Yeah I agree, his anti-projectile slide, command grab, stances, launchers and impale give me a Deathstroke vibe for sure.
Yeah, everything with that character is seems to be pistol-pistol-pistol, he even has pistol shots on the ground on top of the opponent!

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I agree with you disagreeing!
Because of online play, during the early weeks of the game's release there will complaints about people not knowing how to deal with his tools.
The fact of the matter is that teleport characters will blow up most of his attempts to use his "zoning" tools and you can't forget about the run mechanic.
He won't be able to spam recklessly because he will get punished for not timing and spacing his tools correctly.
When fighting against Erron Black its ultimately going to boil down to being patient while making your approach and for the player using Erron Black it'll be vital to mix up the timing of the use of his tools.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I don't understand why people think Outlaw seems bad just because of the impale lol. So we're going to ignore the fact that he has a move that leaves the opponent stunned for so long that you're able to combo a jump-in? The only real stinker about impale is the EN version causing the sword's cooldown to be longer. I doubt he's actually fucked if he loses the sword, unless his common strings are absolutely terrible.

Gunslinger is the one I'm playing for sure, but the other two seem pretty good too. Def learning all 3 variations for this guy.
Outlaw is the one the grabbed me the most to be honest - One, ripping off a Tarkatan's armblade and affixing it to a hilt? I'm down or that. Second, it seems to give him better strings from what was seen on stream.

And you're right, that goddamn sand throw? That's gonna make some people rage.

I'm a Jacqui guy at heart, but Outlaw seemed the most interesting out of all of those.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he looks like he has the tools to keep people out. His caltrops will basically tell people trying to run in "NO". But I highly doubt that'll be his gameplan, his stances/command grab/slide suggest otherwise. I have a feeling he'll be a space control character with options up-close, not a dedicated zoner.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
It just didn't appeal to me or my playstyle personally. I was actually bored when they were showing it off and its specials.

I've come to find that most characters have 2/3 variations that intrigue me so it's easier to say "not this one".

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
he looks like a less cheap version of DS lol. not saying DS was overly cheap but he def had some tools that were super abusable. he overall looks like a jonnitti character only thing is he doesnt seem to have anything super abusable which is usually what i like to go for. jonnitti for cheasiest player

Ninja_of_death

dum dum diddley dum

and outlaw with the least votes XD

Malec

Noob
outlaw looks the most powerfull to me, cause i think there will be to much teleporting and anti zoning tools in the game for the other 2 variations to shine. and with that special sand move, you have a meterless combo starter/extender.

Something to keep in mind with Long Shot/Marksman

It costs stamina meter to dash-cancel the move, so if you get poked out of your pressure, you might be in a situation where you can't break or backdash on wakeup. This could be his lamest variation or it could be the "i'm a ballsy-ass motherfucker" variation

then again that could be said for every other character with dash-cancelable moves, but whatever.

another note, everyone saying he's going to get eaten alive by teleports: Caltrops will limit those characters approach from his space control and pretty much force them to teleport, and teleports are unsafe as shit in MK. I'll gladly block it and push you back even further with a punish. The only real teleports to be worried about is Ethereal Mileena since thats a really good Smoke Away/Towards and Takeda's in Shirai Ryu since he can fake his.

Last edited:

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Something to keep in mind with Long Shot/Marksman

It costs stamina meter to dash-cancel the move, so if you get poked out of your pressure, you might be in a situation where you can't break or backdash on wakeup. This could be his lamest variation or it could be the "i'm a ballsy-ass motherfucker" variation

then again that could be said for every other character with dash-cancelable moves, but whatever.

another note, everyone saying he's going to get eaten alive by teleports: Caltrops will limit those characters approach from his space control and pretty much force them to teleport, and teleports are unsafe as shit in MK. I'll gladly block it and push you back even further with a punish. The only real teleports to be worried about is Ethereal Mileena since thats a really good Smoke Away/Towards and Takeda's in Shirai Ryu since he can fake his.
I actually forgot that putting yourself in an unbreakable situation, is a thing in this game. Thanks for bringing that up.

Marksman all the way.

That rifle swing has huge range and it looks like it'll be extremely useful for juggles. The cancelable aimed shot is extremely useful as well. The move where he walks backwards while shooting looks cool but highly punishable.