What's new

Question - Reptile Which characters used to counter your reptile?

Most people in ranked right away will notice I use Reptile as my main. So of course they just want to counter with another character, typically one they don't even use. My question is who do people counter you most with. I would say for myself it's either Lui Kang, or Shinnok.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I don't play reptile but I think Shaolin matches up very well against him. Shaolin wins from full screen and has answers for many of the things reptile does up close as well. It is still a fairly even matchup, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to say it is 6-4 shaolin imo

zoofs

bless
How can you say Tanya is worse than Sub Zero? Have you been in the corner vs Sub with reptile?
learn how to be patient, its a hard mu but far from unwinnable

you also have two really great tools in the corner ex dash and ex slide which gives you options a lot of other characters don't have (you can punish a d4, punish blocked shatter attempts, etc.)

For me it's the classic 3 that give Reptile a bad match up. Liu Kang, Sub Zero and Shinock. But another 3 I can think of that give me trouble are Mileena, Kitana and Kotal Khan. I have a mental block when it comes to those last 3.

Tweedy

Noob
I'll never understand how Sub vs Reptile is a terrible match up for Reptile. I play neither character, so that's all i'll say.

I felt like Kung Lao beat Reptile before the beta. On the beta it may be 5-5.

zoofs

bless
I'll never understand how Sub vs Reptile is a terrible match up for Reptile. I play neither character, so that's all i'll say.

its bad in the same sense as a lot of other chars without meterless options around clone but its highly overrated how bad it is

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

What has changed that makes the mu even now? Imo its still terrible for reptile

Tweedy

Noob
What has changed that makes the mu even now? Imo its still terrible for reptile
Kung Lao can't jump in for free on Reptile anymore, the EX hat nerf helped everyone against Lao, etc.

I don't know if any match up is "terrible" for Reptile. Sorry.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Sub zero is the most common counterpick.
Then Lui Kang.
Lastly many have countered with Shinnok.

The first and last usually don't change anything. Lui on the other hand seems to do work on me from time to time.

And what does that have to do with the Sub vs Reptile matchup? Or the Tanya vs Reptile matchup?
Being that this thread is about counter picking,any character that I name is viable in this convo.
I'm obviously referring to the part where you are discussing Tanya and Sub being good match ups for Reptile but
never mind me & my point tho I forgot this was TYM.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Being that this thread is about counter picking,any character that I name is viable in this convo.
I'm obviously referring to the part where you are discussing Tanya and Sub being good match ups for Reptile but
never mind me & my point tho I forgot this was TYM.
I asked you why Tanya was a worse matchup for Reptile than Sub against Reptile.

You answered with because she places better and wins money.

Your response was a TYM response not mine.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Forceball setups are useless since SZ can easily slide under them..