What's new

Question Which Characters should we lock in the corner?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just wanted to have a open discussion with you guys, if you'd like it.

What characters does Skarlet can't keep in the corner?
What characters is advisable to stay the hell out of the corner as much as possible?
What characters are obligatory to put them and keep them in the corner

This character can do 50% meterless corner resets.
Has the ability to swap positions as she punishes someone out of the corner and put the opponent back in the same corner
Has a good corner pressure
In the corner most of her knockdowns grants OTG
The opponent may get submitted to try to get out of the corner at all cost and commit a lots of mistakes just by trying.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I try to get Sub-Zero in the corner. He always freezes me with those blue things.

I sadface a lot :(

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I've been putting time into my corner work and feel it's to your advantage if you can put everyone in the corner and keep them there. Skarlet might have the most options when it comes to this.

-End with 112, keep going with pressure or throw.
-End with b113, then down dagger, or dash across and jump back over them.
-End with f43, Puts her at perfect rd distance, good time and space for bloodball, she is in a good spot to make a read or bait stuff out to keep them in the corner.

I say it's all good, no reason to avoid the corner against anyone. I pick small stages too. Her armor can get her out if she needs to.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

AssassiN

Noob
I wouldn't carry Sub-Zero to the corner, because if he puts you in the corner via EX Slide or jump-over it's trouble for Skarlet.
Because the MU in that situation is the same as Sonya's, if Skarlet has no meter she is fucked.
Skarlet has an extra tool and that is her air close dagger, if you can hit Sub-Zero with that then you've got a ticket out of that corner.

Other than that, pretty much every character except Cage. Maybe Liu Kang as well...
If you got Cage in the corner, just go back.

Characters with no armor are the best characters you can put in the corner, U3 all day baby!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
A good combo to push them in corner :

b1, 1, f4, rd, us, f2, 1, 2, 1+2, rd, us, ending.

Easy to do, good damage, great pushing.