What's new

Which character do you think is the best design wise?

So ive been wondering who do you guys think is the best character design? (variations included) in my opinion i find summoner and gunslinger the best , summoner with those badass horns , and gunslinger with the godlike hat. Edit : also revenant lao

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The best? that's tough, I would give you some candidates:
- Erron black (any variation), Quan Chi (any variation), Kitana (assasin), Tanya (Naginata), Jason (relentless), etc. too many.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Kano (everything)
Relentless & Unstoppable Jason
Warrior & Hunter Predator
Impostor & Necromancer Shinnok

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Personal visual design top tiers, unsorted:
  • Default Kano
  • Default Mileena
  • Dark Emperor Liu Kang
  • Tournament Reptile (Secondary pallette)
  • Wrathful Shinnok
  • Goro's Kintaro ski- oh wait, that's right.
There aren't really any of the designs I dislike except for maybe Kung Jin, but that's because we could've gotten the bald ver. to the right instead:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Klassic skin Ermac probably. Especially in Spectral variation, his combos look awesome.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
In terms of appearance alone, Kotal Kahn (In his primary costume) looks really good. I also really like Pharaoh Ermac. I hated it at first, but it has grown on me a lot , its actually the only costume for him I use whenever I play him now. Mileena's costumes all look really good IMO, and Kitana's do too, especially her primary.

Scorpion's primary is also really good, its the best he has looked in years IMO. Other than MK1/MK2 that's probably my favorite Scorpion design ever tbh

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
kotal default skin
vampiress mileena
pharoah ermac
reptile default (with mask)
kung jin shadow
and tremor (with mask)

are my personal faves

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
first time i got white rev subzero i was like :eek:.. default scorpion and human scorp also pretty dope. Samurai Kenshi, and Default Kotal also pretty raw.

llabslb

R1D1_998
Reptile had so much potential to look like a badass, it's been like that every game keep that in mind. I like the design of:

Takeda
Erron
Kano
Kenshi

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Ronin Kenjutsu (without his blindfold) pretty cool

Summoner Quan with the MK4 outfit (too much horns -IGN)

Bearded Subz

Hollywood Cassie

alternate Jacqui (exposed arms.... :O)

Blue War God Kotal

Motherland Sonya

Tremor

White Shirai Ryu Takeda

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I love the direction they took with the MK characters in MKX, as they all have beautiful and badass costumes, because that's really where they stand out. They simply look awesome. It's definitely a step up from the other games, maybe even MK9. Maybe.

However if I had to pick favorites they would have to be Default Kitana, Default Scorpion, Default Ermac, Default Kenshi, Default Mileena, Rain, but my all time favorite is Dark Empress Kitana.

This costume is EVERYTHING! It's sexy yet sophisticated, it's black and blue, it's classy yet sassy, and the dress in the back and heels were genius. Dark Empress Kitana was the first time I've ever mained a costume and not a character.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana

Liu Kang in his default costume and Dualist variation.

NetherRealm Studios might have sucked some major balls with Liu Kang’s personality in Mortal Kombat X, but they created the best Liu Kang design wise ever. His MKX design is just as huge of a revelation as was Ermac’s Mortal Kombat Deception look after all those boring pallet swaps. My most favorite part about this outfit is a Dragon Logo in full body. It starts from below of his belt, makes a circle on his back and then you can see the iconic symbol The Dragon Logo on the right part of his chest. I’m also really digging his Shaolin shoes and armor on his wrists. Perfect combination of red and black is also delicious. Here he also has the longest headband and stylish pony tail which I became to like a lot, especially with that gray hair. In general this outfit is very martial artistic, uniquely designed kung-fu costume that devides Liu Kang as his own character from looking just like another Bruce Lee copy.

Default Liu Kang looks like protagonist of the series and I love it very much. I wish there was version of MKX with default Liu Kang on box-art.

Dualist variation is what I think he will become in future games story wise. After coming back from the dead and learning both sides of the world (Light and Dark, Yin and Yang), he will improve these skills into something new and unique, taking benefits of both energies that hold our world together and use for greater good, like a true goody two shoes boy scout hero he once was and always will be.

Just imagine if in MK11 he will be using fire charged with energies of light and dark? That would be so freaking great looking specials, red-black or shining white fire balls in a form of dragon head.

But the most amazing part is that when Liu Kang switches with DD1 in Dualist, his headband and belt change color between white and black. Genious!

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
So ive been wondering who do you guys think is the best character design? (variations included) in my opinion i find summoner and gunslinger the best , summoner with those badass horns , and gunslinger with the godlike hat. Edit : also revenant lao