What's new

Question Which character BNB builds the most meter?

Flagg

Noob
Kenshi and Freddy seem to build a silly amount of meter in short time. Cage is an obvious one also.

Surprisingly, once he gets in, Baraka can build a lot of meter.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
is not a combo is a block string 221+2 to 4df1 for a full bar of meter
JiP + 2,2,1+2 + 4 + Blade Spin = ~16% damage
8.996% + 35.984% + 8.996% +23.982% = ~78% meter gain

Also, that's not a combo so it's kind of irrelevant to the post. The post is which BnB builds the most meter - a BnB being a combo that hits. :) Right L0rdoftheFLY ?

Also, that's not a combo so it's kind of irrelevant to the post. The post is which BnB builds the most meter - a BnB being a combo that hits. :) Right L0rdoftheFLY ?
is full bar go and check it

i know this thread is not about block strings which is why i said on hit sonya and on block baraka. . . i thought it was worth bringing up how build the most meter on block as well

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Right...
is full bar go and check it

i know this thread is not about block strings which is why i said on hit sonya and on block baraka. . . i thought it was worth bringing up how build the most meter on block as well
Still valid but ninj is right...its only 3/4 of a bar and the blade spin is duckable. they can duck before the 4 comes out, block 4 then neutral crouch spin for a full combo punish. nice try though.

Right...

Still valid but ninj is right...its only 3/4 of a bar and the blade spin is duckable. they can duck before the 4 comes out, block 4 then neutral crouch spin for a full combo punish. nice try though.
i know which is why i said ''against most of the cast''

characters like raiden, kenshi, rain, freddy, scorpion, ermac ect . . . do not have the option of neutral duck after they block 4 because if they stop blocking they will be hit by blade spin so yes he gets a full bar anfd there is nothing they can do about it

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No Character in this game builds meter more faster than Skarlet, and her BnB already builds lots of it.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Sage Leviathan the data is here - the point of the thread is to find out who builds the most and fight over who's better as a player, character, and person overall. Stop guessing and start battling.

Without blocked JIP, Skarlet is a minimum 66.7% meter and 44% damage off her BnB, assuming the opponent can't armor out of a 2 frame window due to no meter/no armor/mistiming.

Combo only is 33.7% meter, 38% reset into +12 frame advantage.
Combo plus inescapable blocked Red Slide is ~42.7% meter, 40% damage into -3 frame advantage

Flagg

Noob
Baraka has gaps in B3F2 and B12, but i'm sure that 22, 2+1 is good. Jip, 22, 2+1 cancelled into slices builds loads of meter. If you hit a f44 afterwards you nearly build a whole bar.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
So obviously, an big part of tactical gameplay is building meter. So to maximize every opportunity you can is important.

Skarlet builds half a bar back in a standard bnb combo dishing almost 40%. It can be more meter with the right frame advantage after for chip but that would sacrifice damage.

I want to find out which characters and which combos build the most meter, while still being a valid bnb. Chip damage counts but only if it isn't armor-able or interruptible after the combo.

REO

I think chip damage with crossup 111~TS or Saw are safe option, Aidan could you give me the correct percentage?