What's new

Question Which character BNB builds the most meter?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So obviously, an big part of tactical gameplay is building meter. So to maximize every opportunity you can is important.

Skarlet builds half a bar back in a standard bnb combo dishing almost 40%. It can be more meter with the right frame advantage after for chip but that would sacrifice damage.

I want to find out which characters and which combos build the most meter, while still being a valid bnb. Chip damage counts but only if it isn't armor-able or interruptible after the combo.

Maybe Ninj can quite me skarlets meter and combo damage more specifically.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Not including chip, Kabal probably.
Rain should be tied with Kabal.

Not counting chip damage Kabal uses in a standard BNB 3-4 special moves: 1-2 NDC during the juggle, NDC after F4, Saw or Hooks to end.

Rain uses Bubble, Lightning, Super Kick and Teleport/Aqua Splash. He can even use a RHC after a Lightning if you don't do an uppercut combo.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Kitana uses 2 ground fans 1 lift 1 air fan and either a cutter or pretty kick. That's a lot of stuff

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Quan is a possibility. Rain I don't know, kabal possibly but skarlet might beat all of them
Quan should beat Skarlet if we're omitting chip. Quan can get 3 Trance in a combo (1 to combo, 2 whiffed), the move that builds the most meter per usage in the whole game.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Quan should beat Skarlet if we're omitting chip. Quan can get 3 Trance in a combo (1 to combo, 2 whiffed), the move that builds the most meter per usage in the whole game.
Can't he actually whiff a 4th? Although at the point we're probably outside of BnB. 2 whiffed trances during the the 1st trance, then another whiffed trance at the end of the combo. I think it sacrifices damage

McNasty

Moist.
Skarlet, quan, kitana, kabal all come to mind.

Is f3,3 a combo if its blocked and jails you standing into ex forceball to another blocked f33? lol

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
So obviously, an big part of tactical gameplay is building meter. So to maximize every opportunity you can is important.

Skarlet builds half a bar back in a standard bnb combo dishing almost 40%. It can be more meter with the right frame advantage after for chip but that would sacrifice damage.

I want to find out which characters and which combos build the most meter, while still being a valid bnb. Chip damage counts but only if it isn't armor-able or interruptible after the combo.

Maybe Ninj can quite me skarlets meter and combo damage more specifically.
MIDSCREEN ONLY

F4,DF3,B2 xx U3,DF1 xx 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 (assumed DF3 after the reset) -- 38% -- This one's a pretty popular BnB for Skarlet nowadays, easy to hit. The combo itself builds 33.7% of a bar, not including any chip after the reset. The opponent is at around -12 after an empty dash on this combo, depending on how fast Skarlet is in resetting. Skarlet will be around +12, which in many scenarios will lead to another 3 hit string blocked.

Here are the different scenarios after the above string:

3-hit string blocked into Red Dash: 33.7% + 27% + 5.989% = 66.687 = 66.7% of a bar (+6% chip damage)
3-hit blocked string into blocked Red Slide (leaves Skarlet at ~-3, safe): 33.7% + 27% + 14.985% = 75.685 = 75.7% of a bar (+8% chip damage)
5-hit string blocked into Red Dash (for example, Rain is scared to do anything and has no meter): 33.7% + 44.981% + +5.989% = 84.67% of a bar (+8% chip damage). With a blocked Red Slide that turns into 33.7+44.981+14.985 = 93.666% of a bar (+10% chip damage)

In these likely scenarios, she deals between 44-48% damage and builds between 66.7-93.7% of a bar.

Edit: The 66.7% meter and 44% damage are only escapable if the opponent has meter and can armor/parry out.

She can get more damage off her resets and sacrifice the likelihood of not only landing her 1,1,2 reset but also make it far more unlikely to hit followup pressure without having to use a bar of meter.

That said, here's another scenario you can see from Skarlet:

F4,DF3,B2 x U3 -- 2,DF3,B2 xx 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 - 42% - 11.979% + 11.979% + 11.979% = 35.9% of a bar
Followup combo: {EX}DF1 xx B1,1,F4 - 8% chip + 27% of a bar back. 10% chip and ~42% of a bar if she goes into a blocked Red Slide.

If she lands the reset, EX Dagger ({EX}DF1) will connect and give her enough advantage where the B1,1,F4 is guaranteed. That's a 50-52% total damage combo building back 62.9%-77.9% of a bar, though that combo is far more difficult to hit.

Hope that helps.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
MIDSCREEN ONLY

F4,DF3,B2 xx U3,DF1 xx 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 (assumed DF3 after the reset) -- 38% -- This one's a pretty popular BnB for Skarlet nowadays, easy to hit. The combo itself builds 33.7% of a bar, not including any chip after the reset. The opponent is at around -12 after an empty dash on this combo, depending on how fast Skarlet is in resetting. Skarlet will be around +12, which in many scenarios will lead to another 3 hit string blocked.

Here are the different scenarios after the above string:

3-hit string blocked into Red Dash: 33.7% + 27% + 5.989% = 66.687 = 66.7% of a bar (+6% chip damage)
3-hit blocked string into blocked Red Slide (leaves Skarlet at ~-3, safe): 33.7% + 27% + 14.985% = 75.685 = 75.7% of a bar (+8% chip damage)
5-hit string blocked into Red Dash (for example, Rain is scared to do anything and has no meter): 33.7% + 44.981% + +5.989% = 84.67% of a bar (+8% chip damage). With a blocked Red Slide that turns into 33.7+44.981+14.985 = 93.666% of a bar (+10% chip damage)

In these likely scenarios, she deals between 44-48% damage and builds between 66.7-93.7% of a bar.

Edit: The 66.7% meter and 44% damage are only escapable if the opponent has meter and can armor/parry out.

She can get more damage off her resets and sacrifice the likelihood of not only landing her 1,1,2 reset but also make it far more unlikely to hit followup pressure without having to use a bar of meter.

That said, here's another scenario you can see from Skarlet:

F4,DF3,B2 x U3 -- 2,DF3,B2 xx 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 - 42% - 11.979% + 11.979% + 11.979% = 35.9% of a bar
Followup combo: {EX}DF1 xx B1,1,F4 - 8% chip + 27% of a bar back. 10% chip and ~42% of a bar if she goes into a blocked Red Slide.

If she lands the reset, EX Dagger ({EX}DF1) will connect and give her enough advantage where the B1,1,F4 is guaranteed. That's a 50-52% total damage combo building back 62.9%-77.9% of a bar, though that combo is far more difficult to hit.

Hope that helps.
Exactly what I was looking for. I knew I tagged the right person

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I don't want to omit chip if it is part of a bnb. For example kabals reset into f32saw, Sonya into msc f2 cartwheel, skarlet into 114 rd slide. Etc...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
sonya is the one who builds the most on hit and on block baraka builds the most
Huh? Every 1 hit normal on block yields 8.996% meter for every character. The only thing that differs for normals is weird multi-hit strings like a couple of Kung Lao's for example. A 3 hit string blocked for Skarlet yields the same for a 3 hit string blocked for [insert character here].

Huh? Every 1 hit normal on block yields 8.996% meter for every character. The only thing that differs for normals is weird multi-hit strings like a couple of Kung Lao's for example. A 3 hit string blocked for Skarlet yields the same for a 3 hit string blocked for [insert character here].
baraka gets a full bar from a block jumping punch 100% guaranteed against most of the cast