What's new

Which character’s don’t have a throw krushing blow?

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
I’m referring to the krushing blow that triggers on the 3rd failed throw tech.

Curious if it’s just Johnny or are there other characters that don’t have one of these? Because they seem near universal.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Jacqui, Jax, and Shao Kahn don't have wrong throw tech KBs, though they do have throw KBs that trigger under other circumstances (Jacqui's might as well not exist right now as it's not doable in tourney variations). Cassie, Sonya, and Kitana also all lack throw KBs period, maybe another character or two that I'm forgetting?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Some of the characters that don't have them seem weird. Johnny is exactly the kind of character I'd expect to have a throw KB. D'vorah as well, but she can combo off her throws with amp strepsitera, so maybe they decided not to give her one for that reason.

I could see an argument for Cassie, Sonya, and Geras being too good at everything else they do to need one, but Kitana? Not really. Her zoning is ok and her rushdown is pretty much safe staggers. I would expect a kb throw for that design.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
You can see on Cetrion´s movelist that she has it, but she don´t. 16bits has confirm that the KB-throw of Cetrion is with one buff move equiped (the tournament variation don´t have this moves). So, practically, Cetrion DONT have a KB-throw

Jacqui, Jax, and Shao Kahn don't have wrong throw tech KBs, though they do have throw KBs that trigger under other circumstances (Jacqui's might as well not exist right now as it's not doable in tourney variations). Cassie, Sonya, and Kitana also all lack throw KBs period, maybe another character or two that I'm forgetting?
Jacqui’s second tourney variation has the move for the KB. Geras does not have one.

@Second Saint they might not've thought Devorah or Kitana needed them before they were nerfed on release. As for Johnny it's obviously really important to make sure he's not overpowered so I understand.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I still don’t understand exactly how the throw techs work. I thought if one is etched wrong, the next throw in the same direction KBs. And I though that was universal?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
@Second Saint they might not've thought Devorah or Kitana needed them before they were nerfed on release. As for Johnny it's obviously really important to make sure he's not overpowered so I understand.
That's true. A lot of D'vorah's problems stem from the day 1 hot fix. I don't know exactly what happened to Kitana, but as I recall her amp fans were high mid then, like usual, right? That alone would make a difference.

I still don’t understand exactly how the throw techs work. I thought if one is etched wrong, the next throw in the same direction KBs. And I though that was universal?
It's not the same direction. It's a specific throw, different for each character. E.G., Kotal's KB is on his back throw and Scorp's is on his forward.