Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Sindel

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Omni Man

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Art Lean

Noob
Absolutely love that we are now able to choose our own announcers (though hate the some cost real money). Was inspired to ask because I'm always quite surprised to see so many Youtube videos using Johnny Cage, whilst I personally find him annoying and fourth-wall breaking, but hey, each to their own.

So thought I'd ask the community, which announcer do you use and why?

I'm currently using Sindel, since I LOVED Kronika's in the last game and this is the closest to it (Sindel's nowhere near as good, but she's ok), which was sooooo refreshing after so many years of Shao Kahn and (apparently) "not-Quan Chi", but may go back to Liu Kang in time which was my main before Sindel was released and definitely think is a more fitting announcer for the Oriental atmosphere of this game. His Chinese accent again is just so refreshing after so many years of bellowing monster voices and feels like something a throw-back to the original 1992 Shang Tsung announcer and how perfectly he fit the mood of a Shaolin tournament.

Was actually really disappointed in the new Shang Tsung one, as much as he sounds like Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa, his delivery is so smarmy and samey that it never had any conviction or gravitas. Had waited since 2018 to have a Tagawa announcer and when we finally get a sound-alike, for me it fell so flat I regretted buying it instantly.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I just use the default. The classic voice approximation is the best imo.. Plus as much as I like to support NRS with dragon crystals.. Buying a cool skin is more my style than a voice box.

I might be more interested in buying announcers if you could preview some of the lines in the store.

Probably a good idea for a YouTube who's buys content to produce content.. Announcer demos

I would probably auto buy Kronica if an announcement pack for her was released.

I started with Liu Kang because I play him, then bought the Sindel voice because I need her voice in my ear just to have a woman announcer for variety.

Thingy

Retired account
I am using the default. I reaaalllyyyyy wanted the Omni Man announcer, even had 750 Krystals left over from the Pre-Order/Earned...but I am absolutely refusing to spend another dollar on this game until we get the common sense updates like Lobbies and Cross Play. I find the pricing to be horrible, but I would not even mind dropping money on the few things I want at whatever price if I was happy with the purchased product as a whole. So my boycott continues until at least Cross Play AND Lobbies arrive. Barely even been playing online because of how awful this launch has been.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I got the Shang Tsung one with my preorder crystals because I didn't realize that it was actually $10 worth of crystals, nor did I know that dragon crystals were pretty much impossible to accumulate in-game. Sadly, I'm not too impressed by his voice either, so I think it was a waste. Would prefer the Sindel one, but I'm saving what few crystals I have left for a single skin for Mileena or Ashrah in the future.

I refuse, out of principle, to spend another cent on this game, so once the last of my crystals are gone, the store is dead to me.

Thingy

Retired account
Didn’t realize I had the Johnny announcer until a couple days ago. lol. It is as good as his last one. I doubt I will be changing it.

acowsik

MK fan from India
I have all the available announcer voice options to choose from and I use the latest there is which happens to be Sindel atm. When my account is used in tournaments they can change it to use the same for the stream. Thats what happened at MKNJ and is most likely going to be the case at NEC this coming weekend.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Whoever voices the default voice is iconic to me, I believe it’s the same one since MK9? I was shocked when in MK11 it was revealed that the default announcer wasn’t Shao Khan the whole time. I just always imagined it to be him. I feel like the voice actor is a lot more expressive this time around so I’m not wasting any money.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The new Tsung is the best he has ever been. The actor nailed it in every aspect. No one could have done it better.

I like the classic and the announcers cost too much $$ so until they make a
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa voice announcer as Shang, I most likely won't buy unless they do Quan Chi then I'm biting the bulletz and shelling out the $10.

Anyone know when the Sub Zero premium skin is coming back?

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I haven't run into the option to change it by chance and haven't bothered looking up how to do it. Still on default.