What's new

which 2d fighting game is more similar to umk3?

hi.i want to play and practice more 2d fighting games than umk3.but i want to play a game that be similar to umk3.specially on it's combo and juggle system.which game do you recommend?which is more similar?
king of fighters Xl or any king of fighter game?
street fighter 2,3,hyper series ,alpha series or any version?
guility gear xx accent core,reloaded or other versions?
marvel vs capcom 2 or 1 ?
darkstalker series?
or any other games you know...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Wha makes MK "special" is that no other game (Tatttoo Assassins doesnt count) plays quite like it. (as far as the 2-D goes).

If you like juggles, play MK1, 2 & 4. (4 has autocombos most similar to MK3/UMK3.

I do reccomend you play 3 specific games that are just so good, and are favorites of mine.

1. SF3 Third Strike
2. Marvel Vs Capcom 2
3. SF Alpha 3

so what is the difference between sf3 third strike &sf alpha 3?
another question can you explain'Tatttoo Assassins '?is that a game?

Tim Static

Adminerator
so what is the difference between sf3 third strike &sf alpha 3?
another question can you explain'Tatttoo Assassins '?is that a game?
For all things fighting games, go to www.fightersgenerations.com (thanks Dubs!;)) This site is the mecca of all things fighting.

look for Tattoo Assassins on You Tube, or use the search feature located near the center top of this page.

(I cant copy & paste links on a PS3 :()

is there any web site that have math videos and combos for street fighter and marvel vs capcom and teach them like what we have about mortal kombat?

Ive not seen anything like Mortal Kombat that is done well. I would suggest the street fighters mentioned earlier, the combat and blocking is different, but its one of the best 2D fighters out there. If your desperate for auto-combos and a game that has block asigned(spelling??) to a button/key then go for Mortal Kombat 4.

yes i played killer instinct and it was very similar to mk.even it had fatalities!i think it was produced by midway.but the problem is that this game isn't as popular as sf and marvel vs capcom and no one plays it online.
i don't know the exact mean of auto combo.do you mean push one button and it will do automatically like what is in options of mk trilogy?