What's new

Where'd you rank MK11 among the MK Games?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I only care about the new trilogy .... the 3D era games are all crap shit to me, and the old school MK1, MK2, UMK3 and Trilogy, well , they were fun in the past, in their own time only, that's it. And MK vs DC is pure trash garbage. :p

So, speaking about the new games for the new trilogy (MK9, MKX and MK11), my opinion :

1. MK11
  2. MK9
  3. MKX
Let's wait that MK12 be such good and take the number one spot of the new "Quadrilogy", hehe :D

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Balance: 10/10, easily the best of the series
Graphics: 9/10, cleanest, most realistic it's ever been
Gameplay: 8/10, bugfixes and KB balance would make it perfect. Still better than every other MK due to lack of player 1 advantage, armored launchers, run into 50/50 strike combo or throw mixup.
Overall: Best mk game, but i'm shit and salty about it.

Wigy

There it is...
It's not as fun as other MK games but it is better executed other than the hitboxes being absolute trash.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
1-MK11
2-MK9
3-UMK3
4-MKX
5-MK2
6-MK3
7-MK

3D era MK games don't deserve a spot in the list.

If I could include Injustice series, I'd put I2 in second position. I haven't played IGAU

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Top 3. Might be the goat for me but maybe that’s because it’s the first MK I have taken seriously. As far as maining a character, learning fundamentals and meta, etc.

I think it's great af as looks and gameplay but the online has it around mk9's online.... kl is unplayable due to the high volume of wifi warriors( I know some people can't help it) and the glitch happening so I'm choosing to stop playing it but other than those 2 things I think its great

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I may come back to this thread to add/update with EVERY MK fighter but I will rate it from NRS timeline.

MK9-still the best NRS game to me overall, was fun, didn't have nearly the amount of dumb, inconsistent gimmicky BS that MK 11 has. Sure the online wasn't the best at the time but the modes were much better than MK 11's(Kombat League glitches, cheaters anyone?) Nuff said. The roster was epic and I believe most players had more fun with MK 9 overall than MK X and MK 11.

MK11- It's better than MK X's braindead run 50/50, run 50/50 and anti zone/anti defensive crap with having limited backdashes meters etc though I will admit MK X was more consistent than MK 11 in terms of gameplay issues.

MK X-Like already mentioned I didn't like how it was all pro aggressor and anti defender. The limited backdashing, scarce zoning, hard to get away from people was a big issue for me in this game. It was fun but it wasn't nearly MK 9 level of fun. I liked the stage fatalities and how dark this game was theme wise, music wise, storywise etc I just wasn't a huge fan of the meta at the end of the day. If you're pro offensive and/or anti defensive, zoning tactics than this is the game for you.

That being said MK9>>>>>>>>>>>>>MK11>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MK X for me.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Out of the new trilogy though there isn’t a game that I think is necessarily bad, they all excel at different things. I think that Mk9 has the best roster and story, I think MKX had the best new characters and inventive mechanics (run, variations), and I think Mk11 has the most balance and potential longevity

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Obviously, on visuals it's the best looking fighter ever, in my opinion.

If I'm ranking gameplay/fun? It's dead last in the new trilogy for me.

1 - MK9

2 - MKX

3 - MK11

This game feels so incredibly bland to play. I've never come close to getting sick of an NRS title quicker. I liked INJ and INJ2 more than MK11, gameplay-wise.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
MK9-still the best NRS game to me overall, was fun, didn't have nearly the amount of dumb, inconsistent gimmicky BS that MK 11 has.
What? This has to be a joke.

MK9 is literally the most gimmicky game in the modern 2d series. I mean, there were 100% resets for crying out loud. Near-block-infinites on big hitbox characters, Kabal just spamming gas blasts across the entire stage so you could walk in and get NDC'ed or flash-parried, player 1 had advantage, there was a toasty boost for full meter, safe armored launchers, stuff like Johnny Cage's f3 having variable advantage, and like 1000 other things.. Some people didn't even have viable pokes for crying out loud.

The revisionist history about MK9 needs to end. The game was a complete mess, but we loved it because it revived something beautiful and was fun.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
What? This has to be a joke.

MK9 is literally the most gimmicky game in the modern 2d series. I mean, there were 100% resets for crying out loud. Near-block-infinites on big hitbox characters, Kabal just spamming gas blasts across the entire stage so you could walk in and get NDC'ed or flash-parried, player 1 had advantage, there was a toasty boost for full meter, stuff like Johnny Cage's f3 having variable advantage, and like 1000 other things.. Some people didn't even have viable pokes for crying out loud.

The revisionist history about MK9 needs to end. The game was a complete mess, and we loved it because it revived something beautiful and was fun.
this .... in terms of nostalgic value, MK9 was the best, but it was not free of some major technical problems, and all that Crimson spoke here, is nothing but very truth regarding that game ;)