What's new

Where does money come from .. explained

And having gone to the website of the guy that made this video, unsurprisingly, they are a Gold and Silver advocate.
Yes, that much was blatantly obvious by a few comments made throughout, and of course the ending of the video promoting their gold coins. But of course, gold and silver are not a solution as you've pointed out.

Flagg

Noob
Isn't Coca Cola's debt quadruple of their total value? However look at them, total global market domination.

Debt is fine if it's being invested into something that makes you more money in the long run.

Save or borrow to make money, dont save to save. There is tons of money out there and it's waiting for people to own. Unfortunately we are encouraged that just getting by or being Middle Class is enough. That being successful is still frowned upon.

People still seem to think that Government pledges like raising minimum wage is a good thing but all you are doing is keeping those people stuck in minimum wage. I guarantee nearly everyone here at some point has had an idea to write a book or an unique idea or plans to start up a business.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sometimes American society confuses me.. We live in a country where we have so many freedoms, and an economic system that really rewards those who take advantage of it. But so few people take advantage of it!

From other websites and ones such as TYM, I have met plenty of smart and competitive kids. Becoming a good fighting game player isn't easy, and I listen to 18-30 year olds rattle off things that the average person would not understand. Yet most of these people are not expending the same effort in other areas of life.

It's a priviledge to live in a place where 1) You actually can make it up the ladder and 2) You can advance not via back-breaking hard labor or violence, but just getting an education and accepting opportunities. So many people around the world don't have this.

So why have we become complacent? Why has entertainment become a substitute for securing outselves in life? Why do we complain about the wrongs perpetuated by the upper class, but not take the time to move ourselves into the next bracket and use it for good?

It's interesting..

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Sometimes American society confuses me.. We live in a country where we have so many freedoms, and an economic system that really rewards those who take advantage of it. But so few people take advantage of it!

From other websites and ones such as TYM, I have met plenty of smart and competitive kids. Becoming a good fighting game player isn't easy, and I listen to 18-30 year olds rattle off things that the average person would not understand. Yet most of these people are not expending the same effort in other areas of life.

It's a priviledge to live in a place where 1) You actually can make it up the ladder and 2) You can advance not via back-breaking hard labor or violence, but just getting an education and accepting opportunities. So many people around the world don't have this.

So why have we become complacent? Why has entertainment become a substitute for securing outselves in life? Why do we complain about the wrongs perpetuated by the upper class, but not take the time to move ourselves into the next bracket and use it for good?

It's interesting..
Getting an education doesn't necessarily mean you will be successful, especially not in today's society. I agree though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Getting an education doesn't necessarily mean you will be successful, especially not in today's society. I agree though.
I know what you mean -- it's not so much the education as what you do with it. But moving ahead usually requires building some kind of knowledge, whether on your own or elsewhere.

aj1701

Noob
It depends on the education. A degree in art or English or most liberal arts is a complete waste, but science and technology degrees are well worth it.

Zoidberg747

It depends on the education. A degree in art or English or most liberal arts is a complete waste, but science and technology degrees are well worth it.
Unless you are getting a master's or doctorate degree you are not guaranteed a job, at least in America. And even if you do get one, your student loans will keep you from "moving up the ladder". This doesn't apply to everyone mind you, but it is the sad reality of the job market right now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
By bringing up education, I didn't mean "degree". I meant the actual education, as in educating yourself, by any means. Although I went to college, a lot of the things that have best prepared me have been things I learned outside of school.

Between books, internet searches, and online tutorials/videos/classes, there's a ton of knowledge at your fingertips if you're willing to go out and get it.

(If anything, it's similar to how people learn fighting games)

Zoidberg747

By bringing up education, I didn't mean "degree". I meant the actual education, as in educating yourself, by any means. Although I went to college, a lot of the things that have best prepared me have been things I learned outside of school.

Between books, internet searches, and online tutorials/videos/classes, there's a ton of knowledge at your fingertips if you're willing to go out and get it.

(If anything, it's similar to how people learn fighting games)
At the same time though its best to just get a good degree, anything that sets you apart from other potential employees is a good thing.

aj1701

Noob
Unless you are getting a master's or doctorate degree you are not guaranteed a job, at least in America. And even if you do get one, your student loans will keep you from "moving up the ladder". This doesn't apply to everyone mind you, but it is the sad reality of the job market right now.
Sure, you also shouldn't think money is no object when choosing a school, which is why some are getting in trouble, but a good degree from a good school should go a long way. My industry is desperate for more hires, that's been true even through the great recession, and a BS is really all you need.

Actually sometimes getting the masters isn't a good idea, and some professions like doctors are being buried in debt. The problem is people keep paying the higher tuition I'm sure partly because the desire to be in a certain field is overriding the cost benefit analysis of getting the requisite degree.

Zoidberg747

Sure, you also shouldn't think money is no object when choosing a school, which is why some are getting in trouble, but a good degree from a good school should go a long way. My industry is desperate for more hires, that's been true even through the great recession, and a BS is really all you need.

Actually sometimes getting the masters isn't a good idea, and some professions like doctors are being buried in debt. The problem is people keep paying the higher tuition I'm sure partly because the desire to be in a certain field is overriding the cost benefit analysis of getting the requisite degree.
It depends on the person though. For example, due to having credit hours already and thanks to a program at the school im at I am on track to get a masters in four years. People tend to look at the name of a school and its "prestige" without realizing there are plenty lesser known schools that will give you the same degree for less money(since lesser known schools tend to give out much more scholarships).

Edit: So basically I am agreeing with you lol