What's new

Where do you want Kabal to end up in the story?

What do you want Kabal's fate to be?

• Remains dickhead Revenant Kabal

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Resurrected, joins Special Forces

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Resurrected, joins Black Dragon/some other evil faction

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • Replaced by good NYPD Kabal from the past

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Replaced by dickhead Black Dragon Kabal from the past

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'd love to see him get a skin graft for all the scar tissue from the fire. He might need some therapy for the mental scars. He's been through a lot, so it'd be nice to see him settle down and stay out of MK12.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I could never connect with Kabal as a character or even "get" his deal. Even in MKIII days he seemed like a weird grab bag of left over character concepts. A kind of gothy techno-raver with super speed, but also buzzsaws for some reason? With his one fatality that scared people to death I thought he was supposed to be some kind of evil spirit, like Large Marge.

Actually, yeah, that's what I want to see for his character. Hang up his overtly evil ways, become a kind of wandering urban legend horrifying delightful man-children with his messed up monster face.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
He lacks star quality, which is something that Kano has in abundance. Kabal as a henchman does him no favours either. I think a really violent vigilante would be a good fit for him.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
J: "You're as vile as your Revenant."
K: "Tried a face turn, didn't take."
J: "I'd spare you if it had."

Not that I trust pre-fight dialogues to be canon, but they do usually get a character's personality right. And uh... Kabal now has the very unique distinction of being compared disfavorably to his Revenant.

Seems like he really is a total scumbag and shitter. I'm into it.

There's actually a couple of interesting things with Kabal that i would like to see where they take it.
In his second fatality if you have him unmasked you could see that he has a different expression on his face if he kills a man or women. Also one of his intros has him asking Skarlet if she grew up poor too. It would be interesting too see these things fleshed out.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Where's the "Married to Cassie so they can become the best dickhead couple" option?

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
One thing I'm surprised is getting little mention here is the dialogue where Kabal against himself and he suggests he's part of the RED DRAGON.

K2: Black Dragon or Red Dragon?
K1: Red Dragon all the way!
K2: Wrong answer future me.

Interesting stuff there I think.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
And based on what we know of MK11, the Kabal we see most of in the story might not even be from the current timeline.
Fleet-footed Black Dragon enforcer. Kabal's sprinting speed is only outpaced by his greed. He was a rookie cop until Kano tempted him to sell out his police department for cash money and a spot in the Black Dragon. Kabal has run down anyone who's crossed Kano ever since.

Gotta say, his bio doesn't really inspire confidence that he'll be much of an anti-hero in MK11, regrettably so, but maybe we're just getting jerked around. Hmm. Erron's bio is also seems pretty incongruent with previous lore, and he also now apparently has ties to Kano... Are NRS desperate to give Kano some buddies?
Yeah, so it seems the past Kabal in MK11 NOT the same as all other previous Kabals (Original or Current Timelines? Current now being a Revanent)?

So, are all the past MK11 chars from a different timeline? Even tho it's kinda confirmed they aren't (in-game dialog stating they'll experience the same futures that happened in MK9-X. Tho maybe that's just conjecture. Tho maybe that doesn't matter since those events seem to happen in multiple timelines). Either way, Kabal's backstory in both MK9 and MK11 are contradicting. MK9 he's a criminal turned cop. MK11 he's a cop turned criminal. So...what gives?

https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Kabal/Current_Timeline

edit:
actually, I'm gonna assume the past characters in MK11 ARE from a different timeline (neither the Original nor Current Timelines), since Shao Kahn appears to be part Shokan and it never really touches on that.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Yeah, so it seems the past Kabal in MK11 NOT the same as all other previous Kabals (Original or Current Timelines? Current now being a Revanent)?

So, are all the past MK11 chars from a different timeline? Even tho it's kinda confirmed they aren't (in-game dialog stating they'll experience the same futures that happened in MK9-X. Tho maybe that's just conjecture. Tho maybe that doesn't matter since those events seem to happen in multiple timelines). Either way, Kabal's backstory in both MK9 and MK11 are contradicting. MK9 he's a criminal turned cop. MK11 he's a cop turned criminal. So...what gives?

Do you see the date that post was written?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This game is all about timelines. This game's Kabal is from another timeline, similar to Reverse-Flash from the Flash series. The real Kabal wouldn't even join the Black Dragons, because he used to be a special forces cop along with Stryker.

I hope they bring him back to his original timeline as he was just intended.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I'd like him to be a neutral character or return him to his roots. Preferably the former cuz we haven't had that since Scorpion who's just straight up a good guy now

Pizza

Thrill Kill

edit:
actually, I'm gonna assume the past characters in MK11 ARE from a different timeline (neither the Original nor Current Timelines), since Shao Kahn appears to be part Shokan and it never really touches on that.
It's like the problem with the Kanos. It would have been way more intelligent to explain that the bald one comes from a different timeline (multiverse) rather than supposedly being the Kano from "MK3" (in the current MK9 timeline), which is weird because this Kano corresponds to the Outworld invasion era, but Raiden in the game says that they were broght back from the tournament in Outworld (MK2), which should be "prisoner" Kano or at least this Kano:

It's like they think we're dumb or something.

Anyway, bald Kano is cool.

It's a shame they didn't really care about Kabal. And "dragon" Shao Kahn in the ending of MK9 isn't explained either. Just like the supposed Jax from MK3 looks incredibly younger than his former self lmao

In my head this is all a multiverse.

I always ended up with Kabal, Kobra, Mavado and Homer Hsu Hao Simpson. I hope they will bring them back or at least keep them alive. Kabal should be torn between good and evil, always being teased by Kano or whoever is the main antagonist, but still remember his past and initial goals in life ay. The 3D mks were so broken and fun tbh

Personally I find mk11 Kabal-- basically just a lone wolf/ black dragon merc out for money-- way less interesting than say MK deception Kabal who was influenced by Havik, took over the black dragon himself, and made it about anarchy and ideals instead of just getting paid. Not necessarily evil but sort of an agent of chaos, kind of like Havik but less extreme. Of course mk11 Kabal is a younger version so that might explain it. I hope that if Havik ends up being DLC we see some interesting interaction between the two.

I was really hoping that MK11 would expand on Kabal's MK9 story arc instead of retconning him back into a one dimensional generic villain. I feel like MK11 had the potential to expand further into his character like why he left the black dragon, how he partnered up with Stryker, the marriage engagement ring that was visible on his unburnt model in MK9, and had a golden opportunity where they could have shown some tragedy or moral conflict involving his background to why he joined the black dragon. Kabal like many other characters in MK11 had missed opportunity to make them more interesting and likable.

Owerbart

I miss you
Is there any explanation as to why he would marry Sareena in his ending? I know it is non canon, but I'm curious on why would NRS put Sareena specifically into his ending other than any generic bimbo. Was there a connection in the previous games that i'm missing?

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Is there any explanation as to why he would marry Sareena in his ending? I know it is non canon, but I'm curious on why would NRS put Sareena specifically into his ending other than any generic bimbo. Was there a connection in the previous games that i'm missing?
Probably just new NRS writers doing new NRS writers things.