What's new

Where are the rest of the tourney variations

And for fuck’s sake please stop wasting brutalities on unslotted moves! Shang Tsung has FOUR!
This one is crazy to me, along with the whole idea of waiting until AFTER EVO to fix all these issues (assuming they will).

At the end of the day the only reason companies really care about competition from a business standpoint is because something like EVO is a shitload of free marketing, and the best kind too if your game hits right. Watching pro's in something hype like marvel can easily move games, and while it's not going to be day 1 sales stuff it's does a great job of building up hype for whatever announcement you've inevitably got planned for the show.

The fact that they've let the balance rock is whatever. The "learn or die" player in me can respect that to an extent, but from a spectator standpoint this game is more boring to watch than it should be. There's so many neat ideas that aren't even allowed on the screen because they don't show up in viable tournament variations.

So you're not getting grenade sonja vs hat trick lao vs whatever tremor in pools, or whatever. Yeah to a pro MKX is mostly about kinda shitty 50/50 scenarios, but at the very least it looked vastly different to a spectator. MK11 matches feel like they're very much all on the same plan and the same tempo with little variance, and it's crazy to me that they're letting that be the state of the game going into their biggest marketing push since launch, even most so with so many simple fixes.

And to loop this back to the quote, how in the hell are you letting your DLC character hit the EVO stage with most of brutalities being displayable is just fucking what?