What's new

Where are the cyber sub players?

REYTHEGREAT

Haven't any cyber sub players online, ok wel maybe a few. But I think he is a well rounded character, why people not picking him up? And the online person I seen use him in a tourney was reo and I think that was for exhibition lol.

Haven't any cyber sub players online, ok wel maybe a few. But I think he is a well rounded character, why people not picking him up? And the online person I seen use him in a tourney was reo and I think that was for exhibition lol.
Idk, Cyber-Sub is a great character. He has tools, but he can't really develop them as well as other characters. If players want ice moves, they use Sub-Zero; if players want bombs, they use Cyrax; if players want a Dive Kick, they use Kung Lao. Cyber-Sub is the only character that combines all of these abilities, but it takes extra effort to make them mesh well together.

Subby

Frost Warrior
I think Sub-Zero players(most) have a hatred for Cyber and think by doing a strike of not playing him will get him removed and keep human Subby. (IMO)
Me? I don't really care. I play Cyber for fun or tag matches, but I will never trade a robot ice character over the real thing(For competitive play.)

deegs

Noob
Been wondering this myself - I had ran into a cyber sub a few days after online came back up on PSN that locked my Shang down with some combo link pressure and was killing me with normal chip damage throughout the entire match.. haven't ran into such a good sub since

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
C. Sub-Zero is probably the character I've spent the most time with. I think he's an overall solid character, but I have to agree Apocalypse. He has a diverse moveset, however, there are other characters that may provide better use of his tools depending on how you're using them.

I'm not that great, but feel free me add me via PSN. I use C. Sub-Zero, Noob, Sonya and Quan Chi.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
I main Cyber and find him to be very versatile. His diverse tools and speed are what attracted me to him over Sub-Zero. Unfortunately, like someone pointed out, he doesn't excel at any one thing. His biggest strengths are his mixup (two low strings and a relatively quick overhead), his difficult to punish divekick and his parry. His teleport is very punishable both at startup and end, but I still find it useful in the right situations. Teleport/parry catches a lot of people off guard. Enhanced parry while trapped in the corner can lead to nice setups, but is unreliable and punishable. His bombs are complete garbage. It seems random whether or not they successfully freeze someone and their radius is tiny. Worse yet is one is mapped to f f 3, which makes it damn hard to rush in for an overhead 3 4 or 3 3 2 low string. That small issue can really kill his momentum sometimes, both because you can't do what you want with the speed that you want, or because your accidental bomb just got you punished.

He has powerful midscreen combos, the best I have with no meter right now is 41% (somewhat difficult) or 38% (very easy). His overhead can be turned into an easy 27% and he has some nice 43-46% no meter corner combos. His x-ray can be linked from 2 1 1+2 or more easily from b3 2. Very solid character for damage. Finding an opening for a freeze combo is the difficult part if you're playing competent opponents.

Overall I enjoy him very much, he's not S tier by any stretch but he's definitely good. Highly recommended A+++++++++++++!

C. Sub-Zero is probably the character I've spent the most time with. I think he's an overall solid character, but I have to agree Apocalypse. He has a diverse moveset, however, there are other characters that may provide better use of his tools depending on how you're using them.

I'm not that great, but feel free me add me via PSN. I use C. Sub-Zero, Noob, Sonya and Quan Chi.
Despised Icon 4 Life.....!

Danno

Noob
I am switching to Cyber Sub as main. He was my second character but with the recent changes to smoke, I think that Cyber sub has a much higher potential for my game style. After bomb buffering, I think he will be a very good toon. I think his dive kick is better than Kung laos and its safer on block. Sub zero was my main in previous Mk but for some reason when i tried him in this game I just couldn't get his combos down. Cyber sub seemed like a very good alternative that brought some new life back into ice characters. Bombs arent all that bad if you know how to use them. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in those bombs that we haven't discovered yet. Thats the great thing about cyber sub, even without using his bombs, hes still A+ tier.