What's new

Question When to use Catwoman's trait?

If that was true then I would be able to instantly use my Super, or use any special after the evade, which you cannot.

I'm not home right now, but I'll make a video when I get home.
dont worry about videos, i believe you. It's probably just a timing thing. i'll keep tryin it out. last frame? sounds like tight timing, but i'll keep trying.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm looking forward to this cos i have mashed that trait button like a bitch and i can't get anything
dont worry about videos, i believe you. It's probably just a timing thing. i'll keep tryin it out. last frame? sounds like tight timing, but i'll keep trying.
I'm totally sorry for not properly explaining this. On my way home from school I was thinking to myself, "I don't understand why people are having so much trouble with this." Then I realized that people might be trying to do this without the evade actually evading anything.

Make sure you evade a move or projectile, then you can cancel her trait. It works exactly the same as a parry would.

JJParker - Kudos to the 1% am I right? :cool:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
i dont understand...if I dodge a projectile im full screen, how is this trait supposed to hit my opponent? does it really go full screen?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm totally sorry for not properly explaining this. On my way home from school I was thinking to myself, "I don't understand why people are having so much trouble with this." Then I realized that people might be trying to do this without the evade actually evading anything.

Make sure you evade a move or projectile, then you can cancel her trait. It works exactly the same as a parry would.

JJParker - Kudos to the 1% am I right? :cool:
Are you sure you just arent waiting for the recovery on evade to end, then immediately doing trait? You can punish a lot of stuff with evade due to moves in this game having such long recovery, enough to use the trait even.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
i dont understand...if I dodge a projectile im full screen, how is this trait supposed to hit my opponent? does it really go full screen?
It doesnt, he is saying if you evade something up close like a command grab. Full screen you can MB Cat Dash for full combo, if you have meter.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Bone is correct. You can cancel the recovery of a successful evade with gimmick. It's subtle, it only cancels the last few frames as she returns to her normal position from leaning back and it allows you to punish evaded attacks quicker.

Record Harley doing her b+3 and then hold back to block. Evade the b+3 and then try to punish with her standing 1. You can't. However if you evade the b+3 and then gimmick quickly you can.