What's new

Question When to use Catwoman's trait?

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this, but the only use I have found with this is for getting damage for securing the round/game and maybe in block strings.

Although you get more damage in your combo, It seems you get a better hard knockdown set up ending with f3 or df3 or maybe even 1f2 at the cost of around 1% in damage per cat scratch point. Also it seems that you are actually positive on block. Not so much from 3-5 points, but more on 1-2. So that might be useful. But for the most part you won't always have 1-2 when you need to. And unlike Grundy's trait you can clash out of Catwoman's. Maybe it would be useful if you get some bizarre air to air hit and you get a lot more damage using your trait vs low damage better hard knockdown or no hard knockdown.

Maybe I'm not doing the right combos. But mid screen, say off of the ji2 33 string, I can get 46% with trait and 42% and 40% ending with f3 and df3 respectively. With no meter I can get in the high 30s with a good hard knockdown but I have not looked into a high meterless mid screen combo using trait, so that might be better.

Anyway, where do you use trait? Is it a good hard knockdown? It seems others are better. Also is it a good wake up attack?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yup, it's still early, but it seems to me that using a full trait after you've already nearly completed a full combo and damage scaling is at maximum can't be the best use. You get an extra 1% per hit or whatever.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I found it best inside a short two hit combo then activating it, but its best to build it up

Celerity

Lab Monster
It makes 2 D2 a lot safer. I don't know the exact frame data, but it seems to be more + the more charges you have, with full charges giving pretty good advantage. Still, that's pretty narrow if you ask me. I hope her trait doesn't end up being useless.

It makes 2 D2 a lot safer. I don't know the exact frame data, but it seems to be more + the more charges you have, with full charges giving pretty good advantage. Still, that's pretty narrow if you ask me. I hope her trait doesn't end up being useless.
2 D2 is already +3 on block. Also I just went backed and tested it and unless I did it wrong, it seems with 1 and 2 cat scratches it is about the same advantage on block. While with 3-5 they are all the same advantage, probably because it is the same animation, but less advantage then 1-2.

Yeah its better if you only use 1-2 scratches to end combos. If you have five what I like to do is do a string, then if they block and try to punish the trait will get them.
That seems really good. Especially if you do a string that pushes them back and they have to punish with a long range move which usually has more start up. The trait seems to have good range and and a quick start up on the initial hit. Also there is no way that it comes out it 17 frames. I wonder if they were referring to something else in game frame data on the trait?

Celerity

Lab Monster
2 D2 is already +3 on block. Also I just went backed and tested it and unless I did it wrong, it seems with 1 and 2 cat scratches it is about the same advantage on block. While with 3-5 they are all the same advantage, probably because it is the same animation, but less advantage then 1-2.
2 D2 is -8 on block by itself, -5 if you end with 1 and -4 if you end with 3. Unless the ingame frame data is wrong, but it's most definitely minus.

You're right though, all versions of trait are actually about the same on block and not plus at all. I was testing it poorly. Guess we can scratch that idea off the list...*cough*

2 D2 is -8 on block by itself, -5 if you end with 1 and -4 if you end with 3. Unless the ingame frame data is wrong, but it's most definitely minus.

You're right though, all versions of trait are actually about the same on block and not plus at all. I was testing it poorly. Guess we can scratch that idea off the list...*cough*
Weird, mine definitely says +3 and unless I did it wrong all the traits seem to be plus on block. You are sure you installed the day 1 patch, right?

no, you're all wrong, the trait should be used often because it builds very quickly (even though it's random). Combos will build 3-4 scratches and you use it to get 40% meterless (current max damage i think, it's what i'm getting at least, really easy. I'm not going to watch the videos threads because they lag my computer out... dont have enough RAM).
The other damage ender is whip. i can only get like 37 with that though.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
A full trait at the end of a combo can do upwards of 40% meterless.

I think the best times to use it are to end combos in the corner (so you can stay on top of them) or on characters that are easy to close in on if you're midscreen. I'm starting to use 1f2 as my go-to combo ender unless I have four or five scratches. Even if her trait scales a lot at the end of a combo, I think it's better to use it there and get 40+ than to use it sooner for an unscaled 25-30. You get the most damage with it as a combo ender, scaled or not.

It's hard to waste scratches because they build very quickly.

It may have other uses, but more damage in combos is the best thing I've found for it so far.

It could be a decent way to catch jump-ins. I'm not sure. I'll have to test this tomorrow.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
3 best ways to use her trait.

1. D1xxTrait
2. DB2xxTraitCancel
3. Any Combo for maximum damage or chip

My favorite is #2. Its a free parry considering you are getting a cat scratch for the initial evade. If you guys are going to be using Catwoman, you should start doing this. Its very good.

A full trait at the end of a combo can do upwards of 40% meterless.

I think the best times to use it are to end combos in the corner (so you can stay on top of them) or on characters that are easy to close in on if you're midscreen. I'm starting to use 1f2 as my go-to combo ender unless I have four or five scratches. Even if her trait scales a lot at the end of a combo, I think it's better to use it there and get 40+ than to use it sooner for an unscaled 25-30. You get the most damage with it as a combo ender, scaled or not.

It's hard to waste scratches because they build very quickly.

It may have other uses, but "more damage in combos" is the best thing I've found for it so far.

It could be a decent way to catch jump-ins. I'm not sure. I'll have to test this tomorrow.
if you're going for damage whip will get 36-37 instead of 40-41
what combo are you using? mine is starter- bf2,b3,j3,112-ender. hella easy and gets hella damage.
If you're going for oki i'm not sure yet, but you may be right on 1f2

3 best ways to use her trait.

1. D1xxTrait
2. DB2xxTraitCancel
3. Any Combo for maximum damage or chip

My favorite is #2. Its a free parry considering you are getting a cat scratch for the initial evade. If you guys are going to be using Catwoman, you should start doing this. Its very good.
i'll have to try that tomorrow when i wake up. thanks

Black Knife

AKA Blank
My B&B right now is starter-bf1 b3 ji1 112-ender (or ji1 1f2). If the starter is ji2 b12d3 it gets 42% with the trait, I think. Without it's around 36-38 depending on the starter. 1f2 instead of 112 pounce does around 30-34% depending on the starter but I like the positioning more.

no, you're all wrong, the trait should be used often because it builds very quickly (even though it's random). Combos will build 3-4 scratches and you use it to get 40% meterless (current max damage i think, it's what i'm getting at least, really easy. I'm not going to watch the videos threads because they lag my computer out... dont have enough RAM).
The other damage ender is whip. i can only get like 37 with that though.
My problem with ending a combo with trait (not if it will end the round) is that you lose a really good mix up opportunity that can lead to another high 30% combo with a good mix up just for usually around 1% per cat scratch.

JJParker

Noob
Personally i feel the Trait is best used after a b2 overhead. I never use it at the end of combos because you will only get about 4% extra damage. Heres a couple examples.

b2 (after this hits wait for the opponent to bounce low to the ground)

b2, mb Cat Dash, b3, ji2, 3, cp (trait) 42%

Also if you dont want to waste meter you can just do

b2, f1, trait for 32%

Krayzie, db2 trait doesnt work. db2 is her dodge, it just does that and the trait never happens. please let me know if i'm doing something wrong.
Edit: Also, does db2 dodge grabs? i cant test it till tomorrow :/

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Krayzie, db2 trait doesnt work. db2 is her dodge, it just does that and the trait never happens. please let me know if i'm doing something wrong.
Edit: Also, does db2 dodge grabs? i cant test it till tomorrow :/
You have to basically cancel the last frames of DB2 into trait. So once you get the evade, then you hit trade immediately and it should work.

Also, her evade does not avoid grabs. In fact, your opponent can get an untechable grab if they grab your evade.

JJParker

Noob
You have to basically cancel the last frames of DB2 into trait. So once you get the evade, then you hit trade immediately and it should work.

Also, her evade does not avoid grabs. In fact, your opponent can get an untechable grab if they grab your evade.
I am 99% sure this does not work. You are just doing the trait after she recovers from the evade, it is not a cancel

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I am 99% sure this does not work. You are just doing the trait after she recovers from the evade, it is not a cancel
If that was true then I would be able to instantly use my Super, or use any special after the evade, which you cannot.

I'm not home right now, but I'll make a video when I get home.