What's new

When the hell are they gonna fix CSZ dash/bomb issues??

FOXSOLID

Mortal
Its such a horrible design flaw that I can't dash in to pressure with 3,3 and 3,4 without launching a stupid bomb man. I've lost matches because of it. I love Cyber Sub but this royally pisses me off man.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
CSZ feels like a last minute edition, like they were originally just going to make it an alt costume for sub-zero, but decided to get ambitious at the last moment in development, so we got a really half assed character with no alt, broken ending, and a weird mixture of cyrax and sub-zero. It feels awkward to play, and his moves don't really jell that well, thankfully he has awesome strings and really good dive kicks, otherwise he would be completely worthless.

FOXSOLID

Mortal
CSZ feels like a last minute edition, like they were originally just going to make it an alt costume for sub-zero, but decided to get ambitious at the last moment in development, so we got a really half assed character with no alt, broken ending, and a weird mixture of cyrax and sub-zero. It feels awkward to play, and his moves don't really jell that well, thankfully he has awesome strings and really good dive kicks, otherwise he would be completely worthless.
I mean he's still an S tier character and he has great 50/50 going for him, its just that dash man. I flow nice with him, but again....those stupid bombs.

Altsa

This is one of the things that annoy me the most. They really should change the button to 4 or even better the whole command the way sektor´s missiles and shangs skulls are.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
thats exactly why they got rid of lui kangs former f,f shinnagins

dont know why they did it with him

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I mean he's still an S tier character and he has great 50/50 going for him, its just that dash man. I flow nice with him, but again....those stupid bombs.
He's S-tier? Really? Dont know if its true or not just find that very hard to believe tbh.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hmm..

1) He's S-Tier
2) When will they fix something they clearly programmed into the game

What're you posting about exactly?

If they believe something needs fixing, they'll fix it. Typically when a developer is consistently updating and patching a fighting game, they're aware of every facet therein.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Well play me and I'll show you why.
Look Im not trying to be a dicvk or confrontational just really didnt know he was top tier. Im just being honest. If he's top tier then w/e, I didnt know, and am pretty surprised he is, and thats fine.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This will likely never get changed. If you want to lobby for it more, you can try bringing it up to Ed Boon in person the next time you see him at EVO or PAX for example.

Milkman

Reptile <3
Hmm a friend of mine had this same problem but he "fixes" it by pressing Up right after inputting the dash command. Not exactly sure if that works but it's worth a shot.

This problem can definitely be avoided, it just requires you to dash using ffb instead of just ff like everyone else. I still think it should be fixed, but changing the input button for the bombs would be way to much of a hassle 1,2, and 4 would all pose problems just as 3 does). Only eliminating the negative edge completely or changing the actual motion for bombs would fix it properly.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Considering the massive amount of destruction you could lay down with the ability to use the most godly dash in the game to get in your opponents face and pressure with the best 50/50 game on the disc, with each string being safe on block and leading to an untechable knockdown on hit, I'm 100% certain they designed him this way on purpose. Which is fine by me. It's inconvenient at worst, and you're crazy if you think this limits him in any significant way.

The easiest way to fix this is instead of dashing in with :fk:fk:bp~slide or :fk:bk~slide, you should dash in with :bp:fp xN then go into the 50/50. If your :bp:fp is blocked, you go into the mixup. If your :bp:fp hits, you confirm into a freeze and do 35ish%.

You actually have to setup your 50/50. That's all it means. And it's piss easy to do.