What's new

when do we/can we please start distinguishing between variations more?

Alright I understand that at the beginning of the game's lifetime it is easier to just generalize everything under the name of one character, but I truly believe we need to start distinguishing between variations more. It may also just be a pet peeve of mine. It bothers me a lot when I hear commentators make general statements about a character that really only apply to one variation. For example I have heard a lot of "Raiden always has meter" even though this is only true with TG Raiden and other stuff like that. Now this probably occurs more often for the characters where people are really only playing one variation, but still. Also I believe that when it is time for tier lists it should include all the variations, which is obviously a long way away from happening. But worse than the rest combined is when people say that variation x of a certain character doesn't need buffs because variation y of a character is already good. I agree that some of the buff request threads recently have been ridiculous, but justifying not buffing one variation because another is good is terrible logic. It completely defeats the point of the variation system which is there to allow for more variety instead of oh just play this variation instead. Why would we not try and improve upon this amazing system that they have given us. I think that as the game lives on people will start generalizing a lot less, but I'd like to see it happen sooner rather than later.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Jesus christ man, why do you have to write so much when we know exactly what you mean by reading the title? It's not rocket sciene lol.

It feels, to me, like you just want to do a little complaining about the stuff you don't like. If oooonly there was an TYM complaint thread, then I wouldn't need to see this negative crap popping up up all the time.

Jesus christ man, why do you have to write so much when we know exactly what you mean by reading the title? It's not rocket sciene lol.

It feels, to me, like you just want to do a little complaining about the stuff you don't like. If oooonly there was an TYM complaint thread, then I wouldn't need to see this negative crap popping up up all the time.
There is nothing negative associated with this post at all? I just don't think we should be settling for one variation of a character being good if we can improve the others. I want to see the variations get utilized to their full potential. I guess I should include a short version

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
There is nothing negative associated with this post at all?
Are you asking a question or making a statement? Either way: you're being passive agressive and nobody likes that shit. You're merely conveying the idea that you're looking for some grand debate, people don'e come to these forums for debates, dude.

I just don't think we should be settling for one variation of a character being good if we can improve the others. I want to see the variations get utilized to their full potential. I guess I should include a short version
That's totally fine, man. But it's a just a game and people don't buy it to just flesh it out whilst writing down notes and order every aspect based on the maths of it. They play to win and have fun - if a character is strong in a variation they'll play it, it's that simple. If you want to go and prove other variations to be super awesome then do it! Nobody is stopping you. There's people like you that also want to, and do, flesh out a variation as much as they can but the reality is not everybody wants to do that - not everyone is a part of the "we" you are refering to because everyone does there own thing. You should NOT include a short version, the original post should be short to begin with - like this post I am making: It's unnescessarily long, and how I do it is simply reinforce the obvious points that people already know or agree on or most likely will agree on.

This is me trying to alter everyone's way of thinking.
Nobody wants you to alter how they think. They want to play Motal Kombat. They want to use the best variation. They don't want to lab for hours fleshing out a variation to make it more viable or whatever you're complaining about.

I hope you understand my point. I've see people like you on sooo many other forums that I've been apart of over the years and I'm sick of seeing it. Not a personal dig at you, I don't know the first thing about you. But anyway, I have a piece of cake and another half bottle of whiskey to drink so I'm going to go watch Game Of Thrones. G'day!