What's new

When Did You Become a Gamer?

BlastX21

Noob
The Spyro series on PS1.

I got more hardcore into it once the Gamecube came out. I was madly addicted to Super Mario Sunshine.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
When I was 4 years old and my older brother put a sega genesis controller in my hand and instructed me to hold start and press up,up. It did scorpion's fatality in MK1, and he instantly became my favorite character.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Ah the early days of gaming. I remember pretending to have a cold so that I could stay home to play Pokemon Gold on my coveted Gameboy color. Didn't think it would work, as I'm a horrible liar. But my Totodile wasn't going to level itself up. I waited...and waited....and waited....and then I overheard my mom calling the school to say I wouldn't be going in that day. I was so happy I actually conspicuously threw my blanket off and started to jump up and down on the bed screaming 'yes! yes'!

....I was also 23 at the time...

don't remember my indoctrination on snes and early consoles (mario 64 is my favorite to this day) but my dad and brother and i used to play quake on our 2 pcs when i was little online. Beastmode since that day.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Well I was born in 1997 so for me my first console was the nintendo 64 and my first game was starfox 64 and Cruis'n USA, I was the kid(still am one) with the cool parents who actually enjoyed sitting on the couch and playing games with me. Lol I remember my mom saying I couldn't buy any starwars games cuz they were to violent. haha she was a nutcase at the time. but yeah growing up in the late 90s got me into wrestling(like any other kid in my generation) and I used to worship the rock and Stone cold Steve austin, I knew every wrestler for every show all the moves and had all the gear. Then when John Cena came around I used to worship him this was before his pg era.

I had all the wrestling games and those were what I primarily played. That's what got me into fighting games, when I was in elementary school I remember going over to a friends house and him having Mortal Kombat, This was the first time I had ever played it and I instantly fell in love with raiden, So when mk9 came around I picked it up and ended up loving it and then got injustice. Although MK wasn't my first game I still had a love for fighting games in general and even if I had never played it, I would have been drawn to the mortal kombat series regardless.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
My first video game was either MK1 or Spawn: The Eternal. I was quite the brutish infant it seems. Either that, or my mother was a developmental psychologist trying to raise a serial killer :p

Yoaks

A spaceman
This was my first ever game and this Big guy...

Was the first character I picked and I never stopped playing him!

I'll will never play a Street Fighter game until he comes back! Capcom PLZ!!!

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Well I was born in 1997 so for me my first console was the nintendo 64 and my first game was starfox 64 and Cruis'n USA, I was the kid(still am one) with the cool parents who actually enjoyed sitting on the couch and playing games with me. Lol I remember my mom saying I couldn't buy any starwars games cuz they were to violent. haha she was a nutcase at the time. but yeah growing up in the late 90s got me into wrestling(like any other kid in my generation) and I used to worship the rock and Stone cold Steve austin, I knew every wrestler for every show all the moves and had all the gear. Then when John Cena came around I used to worship him this was before his pg era.

I had all the wrestling games and those were what I primarily played. That's what got me into fighting games, when I was in elementary school I remember going over to a friends house and him having Mortal Kombat, This was the first time I had ever played it and I instantly fell in love with raiden, So when mk9 came around I picked it up and ended up loving it and then got injustice. Although MK wasn't my first game I still had a love for fighting games in general and even if I had never played it, I would have been drawn to the mortal kombat series regardless.
Raiden fan, sinestro player (I assume) AND born in the late 90s. Are we like long lost brothers or something?!