What's new

What's your UMK3 Style? Rusher(offensive), Counter(defensive), Finesse(tactful)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, just wondering which you guys are. Everyone is different in playing style, what's yours?

Are you a more Aggressive player/rusher/offensive or more Counter/Defensive player or more Finesse/tactful/likes to play mind games a lot.

So you have your straight forward offensive, your strickly defensive and more tricky. That's how I see it.

I personally fall more under the Finesse, I like to be random sometimes yet definitely tactful and play mind games at times with my foes. I'm not a flat out rush player nor am I a flat out defensive either.

How about you guys?

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
It really depends on the day, opponent, mindset, etc...

Sometimes I'm just not focused, which is largely due to the fact that if I want to play I have to do it in the living room. I have two roomies who are always talking to me while I'm playing and it can be very distracting with so much going on. When it's like that you'll see me squat blocking a whole hell of a lot. A good rusher can keep me pinned down as well because some times those jabs seem inescapable. Deadpool is one player who I have trouble playing. His jabs come so quick that even when I do hit him with a toe kick and try to counter-rush he's already back on top pummeling me with low punches.

Against average players on pretty much any given day I'm a rusher. Honestly it can be very frustrating being on the other end of a good rush so I can understand why a lot of lower level players drop on me but I still say it's poor sport. When I was starting out I was actively seeking out good players and adding them to my contact list (if they weren't complete tools). With characters like Jax and Sonya I abuse the hell out of the sweep because while it's a defensive tactic, the recovery is so quick that I'm on the offensive in no time.

All that bullshit said, I want to be a finesse player. Ouija, Deadpool and anybody else who can make it through a tough match with lower tier character without using block gets my respect. I want that for myself.

I would have to say that i am a Rusher and a Defensive player, depending on the opponent. as far as tactical goes???

I Play Basic But Play Basic Well.

Not saying im good just saying that i play basic well enough to keep up with most or up to par

I think it really depends on the character for me. If I'm Jax, I think I play very aggressive and chase people down. The same goes for my Nightwolf. I like to play with much finesse with Cyrax, U.Sub, Sektor, Scorpion and Ermac. Overall, I play tricky offense and tricky defense. I try to play many mind games.

FatalTragedy said:
All that bullshit said, I want to be a finesse player. Ouija, Deadpool and anybody else who can make it through a tough match with lower tier character without using block gets my respect. I want that for myself.
^_^

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Derek said:
If you're not rushing, you're not winning.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can win a lot with rushing since you have to at times but certainly not constantly depending on who you're facing and who the character is.

NoDoubt

nasty
CrazySlasher27 said:
Is SHIT a style?
it sure is, and it sure aint you ! lol.

Mk3Fan, we should play again, haven't seen you on though since that 2v2. I cant play with nwo anymore anyway.