What's new

What's your fighting game detox?

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
As an avid Tekken and MK player, i have recently felt pretty burnt out, which led to a recent bad performance in mk, and a top 8 curse in tekken. After going like 5-2, i had the biggest headache going home, which is unsual because im still pretty young.

What is the best way to reset? What are yall's fighting game detoxes?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Realizing that you are just having a bad day of losing streaks (and not that you are a bad player) and quitting the game for some hours, instead of playing while enraged, and losing even more matches because of that, is my go-to. I usually just grab some nice snack to eat and then go watch a silly video. Or just go to a no-stress game, like Warframe.

@AtlasM Nice profile icon.

For me, with any competitive game, if I loose 2 to 3 matches in a row I call it a day. That let's me decompress and think about where things went wrong, and I can come back fresh the next day.

I also play competitive VGC Pokèmon, which is a much slower paced, chiller game. If I'm in the mood to be competitive but not feeling FGs, I'll switch over to my Switch. If I'm burned out of competing period, Resident Evil, Souls Series, Fallout, or some random coop game with my GF like Overcooked or It Takes Two. She even gets me to play CoD every once in a while.

If I'm burned out of games, I'm a big cineophile and like TV and Books, as well.

Then, there's all the basic human stuffs. Gym, dinners with the lady, cooking, that kinda thing. I used to Skateboard a lot more, but my thirties have slowed that down a lot.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I just unplug. Read a book.. do some Sudoku or something, play some solo boardgames (like mage knight or something). What ever.... just get off the computer and the TV and doing something that is "real" and takes a decent amount of time. Walk. Bike Ride, surf.. tons of options really.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Writing, picking through Twin Peaks Reddits for new tidbits of lore, and Destiny.

Gonna be Voidwalking again real soon when The Final Shape finally, FINALLY drops.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I'm going through it for the first time, and really enjoying it.
If u wanna level quickly for cool shit like jetpacks and all id recommend getting 5 luck early and going idiot savant , even with 10 intelligence it pings quite often also look up setting up supply lines if u find you keep running out of junk to build stuff with

As an avid Tekken and MK player, i have recently felt pretty burnt out, which led to a recent bad performance in mk, and a top 8 curse in tekken. After going like 5-2, i had the biggest headache going home, which is unsual because im still pretty young.

What is the best way to reset? What are yall's fighting game detoxes?
i can tell you its not invasions mode.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Read a book or do something physical.

Play an old favorite or a classic game you missed. I don’t need a lot of prompting to jump back into old Halo or Resident Evil 4 yet again, but if I’m mad at a fighting game or shooter or whatever, it’s best to quit gaming for the day, or at least competitive games.

Last edited:
If u wanna level quickly for cool shit like jetpacks and all id recommend getting 5 luck early and going idiot savant , even with 10 intelligence it pings quite often also look up setting up supply lines if u find you keep running out of junk to build stuff with
So far I'm mostly focusing on just exploring. Leveling is going at a good pace for my play style, and I'm not overly keen on weapon modes and such and have simply been using what I've found/earned in the game itself with a few exceptions. I also haven't gone too much into settlement building as it's not something I'm hugely interested in, but I have built up Sanctuary to a base level (an 80% Happiness) and popped turrets and such in a few other locations that already had a small population (3 farms).

In terms of materials, I've had no issues with that at all, as I oft Scavenge things.

For Stats, I actually assigned my points to be a reflection of me (fiance approved). I don't have the game in front of me, but I believe I went:

Strength: 2
Perception: 5
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 4
Luck: 4

Also found the Perception and Intelligence Bobblehead,as well as the one that improves the duration of Fusion Cores.

Fun fact, I own the Vault 101 Intelligence Bobblehead; a former coworker got it for me as a gift.

fr stack

So far I'm mostly focusing on just exploring. Leveling is going at a good pace for my play style, and I'm not overly keen on weapon modes and such and have simply been using what I've found/earned in the game itself with a few exceptions. I also haven't gone too much into settlement building as it's not something I'm hugely interested in, but I have built up Sanctuary to a base level (an 80% Happiness) and popped turrets and such in a few other locations that already had a small population (3 farms).

In terms of materials, I've had no issues with that at all, as I oft Scavenge things.

For Stats, I actually assigned my points to be a reflection of me (fiance approved). I don't have the game in front of me, but I believe I went:

Strength: 2
Perception: 5
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 4
Luck: 4

Also found the Perception and Intelligence Bobblehead,as well as the one that improves the duration of Fusion Cores.

Fun fact, I own the Vault 101 Intelligence Bobblehead; a former coworker got it for me as a gift.
In relation to exploration i highly recommend getting to the highest science mod for the jetpack , i play the same way i explore everything and once u get to the city it will be your best friend you cant mod it till lvl 41 anyways so its prob a while away

In relation to exploration i highly recommend getting to the highest science mod for the jetpack , i play the same way i explore everything and once u get to the city it will be your best friend you cant mod it till lvl 41 anyways so its prob a while away
I assume you're using it similar to Levitation in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind?

I just got to Diamond City. After 20 hours :).

fr stack

I assume you're using it similar to Levitation in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind?

I just got to Diamond City. After 20 hours :).
Confession time , i quit morrowind pretty much right away after i repeatedly died on the cave rats in the tutorial lol ,, there is always some hidden nook or cranny in a lot of the bigger buildings which requires a jetpack and also a unique item or two , and then just makes getting places without fast travel a lot less zig zaggy