What's new

Whats your favourite fighting game?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Fighters Megamix.

Of the more recent, I think Injustice 2 is my favorite NRS title, although I really liked MK11 and I'm warming up more to MK1, just haven't had a lot of time to put into it yet.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Tbh, after the ferra patch, its Mk1. I was very skeptical about kameos, as I hated the assists on towers of time in MK11, but ended up loving them. It also helps they fixed almost every gripe I had with MK11's gameplay (limited combos, some characters obviously much better than others for no reason, instant fatal blows, the meter system) AND MKX's (too many hard to blockables, subpar balance).

Mk9 still has my favorite art direction (no "stage roster" is even CLOSE since then) but Mk1's gameplay is peak.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Arcade days, it was MvC, followed by Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter 2.

MKX got me to buy a game system after being 15 years inactive and Commando Kano is in my top 3 favorite characters of all time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
KI 2013, MKX, Injustice 2

I don't have a wide variety of experience with fighting games, so I don't have a ton to pick from. MKX I've easily spent the most time in, Injustice 2 had the funnest character and my favorite Sub-Zero to play as, and KI was never irritated me or got old.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I played Mace - The Dark Age the other day & had such a fun time, it's one of the most underrated fighting games of the 1990s as it's just a beautiful & fun game.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Five: Injustice 2.
Four: MKX.
Three: Injustice 1.
Two: MK9.
One: MK: Deception.

I do not think there will never be an experience that hits the way that Deception hit during Christmas of 2004.

Honorable Mentions for MKDA, Persona 4 Arena, and Tekken 3.

Mortal Kombat X, Mortal Kombat 11, Ultra Street Fighter 2, King Of Fighters 2003, Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat 2, Tekken Dark Ressurection and Red Earth.

ticklebandit!

Kombatant
I didn't learn how to genuinely play fighting games until mk9 so I won't count games from before that. Even tho mk1 thru deception and Primal Rage provided me with countless hours of joy as a kid.

But if I had to pick one I'd say Injustice 1. Despite some excruciating MU's and a horrible netcode, that game had some of the best character gameplay designs ever. Stage transitions and trait system were awesome too.

Otherwise mk9, current mk1, and of course injustice 2 come close to being my favorite.