What's new

What's Your Favorite Matchup?

Well, title pretty much says it all. What's your favorite matchup in this game and why?

My favorite is Raiden vs Raiden because there is nothing funnier than watching two Raidens teleporting and supermanning all over the place. It's also hilarious watching two Raidens play footsies with each other. :D

peachyO

Noob
because i am greedy, i can't list just one. here are several of my favorites:

sindel vs sub zero, because hiding out at full screen behind clones won't help you this time!!

jade vs cyrax, because her projectile-proof properties makes him have to WORK for his supper!

sheeva vs kenshi, because she actually has a shot against him him you make proper use of her dash, EN telestomp, and armored grab.

KRYS9984

Noob
I have to agree with STB Chongo, any matches involving Shang Tsung are my favorite to watch.

My personal favorite match to play is my Cyrax vs Johnny Cage; I enjoy the challenge of keeping Cage out (without doing any chip) and putting him through the obstacle course. Another favorite is my Ermac vs Smoke; don't really know why, I just like playing this match-up.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I love fighting Kabal, Sub-Zero, Reptile (offline), Quan Chi and Kenshi. All with Kitana of course.

Rep vs. Sub... neither can use their tools properly and they have to actually think and adapt...
Honorable mention goes to Ken vs. Lao... for the same reason people like Dark/Demon Souls

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I have to agree with STB Chongo, any matches involving Shang Tsung are my favorite to watch.

My personal favorite match to play is my Cyrax vs Johnny Cage; I enjoy the challenge of keeping Cage out (without doing any chip) and putting him through the obstacle course. Another favorite is my Ermac vs Smoke; don't really know why, I just like playing this match-up.
Yeah, Ermac/Smoke is a blast, one of the most even match-ups in the game.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Liu Kang vs. Kabal - Just for the fact that Kabal is sorta uncomfortable in this MU.

Johnny vs Kenshi - When I seen CURBO fight Pig at EVO, I wanted to play this my MU myself, I'm nowhere near as good as CURBO, but the MU is still fun.

I like challenging MU's, no real reason.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Jax/Baraka (in the pit), Kenshi/Noob, Smoke/Sub, Kano/Stryker, Jade/Cage, Sektor/Cyrax, Kano/Liu Kang, Sektor/Kung Lao, Jax/Kabal, Liu Kang/Shang Tsung, Kano/Quan Chi...

There are just too many.