What's new

What's up with the Shrine

Pizza

Thrill Kill
There's an item you can use that increases the chances of getting rare loot from the shrine. I think its the Naknadan Charm. See if that works.
I used one of those once and the reward was so crappy that I never used them again

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I used one of those once and the reward was so crappy that I never used them again
Yeah I felt like it was actually worse. Not to mention you only get like 4 or 5 uses, if you’re super fast... because you only get 69 seconds, but you have to sit through that damn animation every time.

I've put around 200 million into that fucking shrine and cleared out around 6000 chests in the fucking Krypt.

I'M STILL MISSING KRYPT SKINS/GEAR AND 1/3 OF THE FUCKING CONCEPT ART!

Honestly though, fuck them. Game is out for what 3 month now? They still haven't found the time to look into their shit unlock system?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Shrine = fucked up RNG look alike disguised lottery lootbox, as someone said : they don't charge you real money, but, make you spend a more valuable precious asset , your time .... since time = money, so, you can figure out, hehe :p

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
It's an annoying mechanic. I've unlocked almost everything. Let me give you guys some tips.
1) There are different loot pools.
a) First run regular chests is a loot pool.
b) Green soul containers are a loot pool. These last longer than chests, so refresh them until they stop dropping any loot. You'll start getting random drops as the pool dries up, so don't stop at the first augment.
c) Hidden chests are a loot pool. This one took me a while to figure out, so I got a lot of gear unavailable elsewhere with them. Refresh and open them all constantly until you get several dry runs. Even then, maybe try it again.
d) The shrine has two loot pools (75K gear and 100K skins)
e) Kronika Vaults are a loot pool. Sonya's Regular Army is there, I'm pretty sure.

If you're looking for something specific, make sure you're fishing the right pond. If you're just looking to get as much as possible, make sure you're fishing from every pool until it dries up.

Spektor

Noob
It's an annoying mechanic. I've unlocked almost everything. Let me give you guys some tips.
1) There are different loot pools.
a) First run regular chests is a loot pool.
b) Green soul containers are a loot pool. These last longer than chests, so refresh them until they stop dropping any loot. You'll start getting random drops as the pool dries up, so don't stop at the first augment.
c) Hidden chests are a loot pool. This one took me a while to figure out, so I got a lot of gear unavailable elsewhere with them. Refresh and open them all constantly until you get several dry runs. Even then, maybe try it again.
d) The shrine has two loot pools (75K gear and 100K skins)
e) Kronika Vaults are a loot pool. Sonya's Regular Army is there, I'm pretty sure.

If you're looking for something specific, make sure you're fishing the right pond. If you're just looking to get as much as possible, make sure you're fishing from every pool until it dries up.
I'm sure it's a longshot but if anyone runs into Frost Diamondteeth mask or Sonya Blade Lieutenant Pain gloves let me know which pool it came from! Think I've exhausted the Shrine now, gonna start running around looking for Kronika vaults and refreshing soul containers.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I'm sure it's a longshot but if anyone runs into Frost Diamondteeth mask or Sonya Blade Lieutenant Pain gloves let me know which pool it came from! Think I've exhausted the Shrine now, gonna start running around looking for Kronika vaults and refreshing soul containers.
Unfortunately I don't remember where I got them, but I just checked and I do have both of those.

Icefyre

Shadows
I HATE the shrine... I would much rather pay actual $ for whatever skins/gear I want and then just play the goddamn game against OTHER PEOPLE. Instead I have to play ToT, which I don't even enjoy, to get the shit I want for my char.

Oh and by the way, ToT is really just Super Smash Bros. items put in a MK game. Who the F was sitting at his desk at NRS and said, "Hey, you know what would be fun? If we don't put Ermac in the game, but have him randomly tele-lift you in the middle of a fight while there's already missiles and ground saws flying at you. People are gonna love that."
I can't even begin to describe how much I abhor the towers of time. I truly can't understand why anybody thought that would be fun. The completionist side of me wants to get most of the stuff you can only get through ToT, but everytime I play it myself I can't help but be reminded that I'm just not having fun. Letting the AI run through them when I'm doing something else is the only way I can get myself to unlock them. It's easily the worst game mode of any fighting game I've ever played, personally speaking. MK11 gameplay itself is good, and with a better roster than MKX, but the rest of this game is pretty infuriating to be honest.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Not sure if you guys saw this. But a guy on the MK reddit had contact with WB about the shrine...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/c8txg0
Looks like you'll never get everything, no matter what you do.
NRS designed a mobile game gacha-lite system with excessive grinding and time gating in a full-priced SIXTY DOLLAR (60.00 USD) retail product and got away with it.

You think it was the marketing teams honest mistake that we had ZERO (0.00/0/ nil) info on how single player worked until after the game released?

NRS played us hard because they knew we were all drinking the kool-aid. Not just single player, but the bullshit regarding variations too. I'll be damned if I preorder their games in the future. Fanboy glasses are off.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Woosah...over 2000 gear pieces is too many, This shit better not be in another nrs game.

I have maskless for everyone but sub zero, but it cool still gotta beat gauntlet, then Im done with the grind until nightwolf.

Last edited:
Between the WB support clarification about the shrine being intentionally shit and the hidden chests having a separate pool, this has been the most helpful post.

FYI - i've been resetting a single chest behind shangs courtyard throne (near the kronika reset doodad) and i've already gotten a few pieces of new gear....ffs

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I already guessed as much, but it is nice to get confirmation! Guess Ill wait 4 patch.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I've literally spent millions on gear and now it literally only gives me augments even though I'm still missing Krypt gear. I get one gear piece for every million I spend and it's just dumb.

What sucks is that I'm only missing ONE attainable gear piece for Kano at this point (Klassic Prime Redux).

I've just moved onto trying to get his skins for 100k. I'll just try to get lucky and find his last gear piece in Kronika Chests. They give gear more consistently than The Shrine at this point.
Wait till you start getting one augment instead of a skin for 100k. I'm at this point and I'm pissed as hell :mad:

36VWI

Noob
I've seen others confirm Diamond Teeth are in Kronika vaults. I've been farming them for the last couple of weeks now (90min cooldown between respawn is ridiculous) and already getting only augments/konsumables from the vaults 80% of the time. At least I know where I'm looking.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I have Lieutenant Pain...but forgot where I got them...Any krypt pool besides kollector and kenshi....or Character tower as Ive done everything but gauntlet...