What's new

What's the worst fatality in MK9?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Every hybridized fatality is lame in my book, Cage's decap + body rip fatals from MK2, Sub's deep freeze + spine rip, Kung Lao's decap + body slice and so on.. IMHO what made fatals in MK2/MK3 (most of the UMK3 ones were tacked on) so enjoyable was how abruptly gory and quick they were, an ideology MK10 should follow.

Oh and Plop, LOL at your sig, how on earth did that happen?

Plop

Noob
Every hybridized fatality is lame in my book, Cage's decap + body rip fatals from MK2, Sub's deep freeze + spine rip, Kung Lao's decap + body slice and so on.. IMHO what made fatals in MK2/MK3 (most of the UMK3 ones were tacked on) so enjoyable was how abruptly gory and quick they were, an ideology MK10 should follow.

Oh and Plop, LOL at your sig, how on earth did that happen?
I completely agree with EVERYTHING you just said.
As for the sig, i dunno. I just casually stumbled upon it one day online somewhere and said "MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!" lol

Oh and Strykie, LOL at YOUR sig! lol

Flagg

Noob
Raidens fatalities are shocking, and not in a good way.

Lui Kangs punch through the body is pretty lack lustre are well.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
worst: rain- the decap one

best: raka take a spin

dont really like rakas up the middle besides to it to kung or jax (revenge for cuttin raka in half or watchin jax say bye to his arms again) when its cut them in half think both body pieces should drop to ground or one on each blade, not one of each

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Plop, Strykie, you're both right.
I was hoping Human Sub would get the Frozen Fastball Fatality or the UMK3 Ice Spike they ended up using for his X-Ray originally. Everytime me and Little Box play MKD, we'll play Sub mirrors just so one of us can do it and we call it. "THE WIND UP...THE PITCH...STEEEERIKE THREE!." His finishes were brutal, but not the most original with 2 spine rips and a torso split. Whereas CSZ's were throwbacks to 2 old favorites: MKD Noob's Ninja Stars (and Carlos Mencia, if you, like me, can't help but go DEE DEE DEE every time the victim hits the ground), and the classic Cyborg Self-Destruct.
And Strykie: Short, sweet, and to the bloody, punctual point should be the way to go.
Hell, even the more elaborate finishes would look a lot more brutal in faster motion, but you cant really blame NRS for milking one of the more important cinematic features in the game. Especially if it's Quan Chi and he's wielding a leg.

This is another reason I really liked Deception: If there was one thing that game got right between Fatalities, Hara-Kiri's and Death Traps, it was countless inventive ways to slay people.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The Kratos fatalities are disappointing because given the game he came from there were so many cool options they could have gone with.

The worst one is CSZ's ice hug though for sure. Best is the Noob make a wish.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
I thought this game had a real good selection of fatal's. Some are pretty sick really almost one step to far... (of course I am kidding..) I think CSZ and smoke's are particularly bad. Special mention to Sonya, I think the best would have to be N00b's tag team one. or quan chi's leg beat down.

^^ that's what I was looking for "make a wish"

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I have to say Quan's Scorpion hand-me-down, we could've gotten a fatality related to his necromancy stuff or even a fatality where he steals another character's fatality like in MK4. Instead NRS was incredibly lazy and just gave him a beta fatality that has little do with the character himself.

STRYKIE

And Strykie: Short, sweet, and to the bloody, punctual point should be the way to go.
Hell, even the more elaborate finishes would look a lot more brutal in faster motion, but you cant really blame NRS for milking one of the more important cinematic features in the game. Especially if it's Quan Chi and he's wielding a leg.

This is another reason I really liked Deception: If there was one thing that game got right between Fatalities, Hara-Kiri's and Death Traps, it was countless inventive ways to slay people.
I suppose, I thought that's what MKvsDC was for though. :rolleyes: That's also part of the problem, most of these "nostalgia fatalities" were done before in Deception and Shaolin Monks.
Anyway, this is exactly what I mean:
Shatters every bone in his body in a matter of seconds..
He spends that long STRUGGLING to rip her torso off? Really? And off topic, but why didn't they make this his in-game ground freeze instead of that useless clusterfuck of ice cubes? D:

STRYKIE

I completely agree with EVERYTHING you just said.
As for the sig, i dunno. I just casually stumbled upon it one day online somewhere and said "MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!" lol

Oh and Strykie, LOL at YOUR sig! lol
;) Inb4 Xzibit meme post..

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I think the dumbest thing about some of the fatalities is they have nothing to do with the characters.

example
Quan Chi kills someone with a sword that he doesn't even use in the match yet he could kill someone with skulls, giant skeleton hand, portals, trances.

Shang is a soul stealing sorcerer, after every match he wants to steal the enemy's soul to get stronger, but someone yells finish him and he turns into a clown and shoots someone in the face, real sorcerer like.

Raiden, the god of thunder and lightning doesn't electrocute one person to death.

then there's the massive number of interchangeable decapitations and torso rips.

Just would have been nice to see a game where the characters are very individual and unique to get fatalities that matched them well.

Also on topic, CSZ even though they are ice related they are just retarded.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Jax smashes his opponents head THEN he rips their arms off? Must be arm envy.

Sindel has two head exploders, kano has two heart rips. This pisses me off to no end.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Why're you guys calling the saltalities bad? They're meant to make you salty as fuck. Cage's oscar (which does fit him well imo), Sheeva's clap, Shang's clown. I love those, they're awesome. Quan's leg beat is somewhat in the same category as well. MK9 is the first game that purposely has fatalities to piss your opponent off.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
whoever dissed the sheeva fatality where she rips off the arms is wrong. i genuinely love that one, its swag to the maximum, ultimate disrespect - you get beaten with your own arms and then give a standing ovation to your killer. whether you like it or not!!!

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Favorite- Kenshi with the screen bashing

Worst- Shang Tsung morphing into a clown (could have been good but it was just a copy of Jokers so they didnt have to come with a 2nd for him)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I have to say Quan's Scorpion hand-me-down, we could've gotten a fatality related to his necromancy stuff or even a fatality where he steals another character's fatality like in MK4. Instead NRS was incredibly lazy and just gave him a beta fatality that has little do with the character himself.
I just use his x-ray as a makeshift fatality since it suits him, and it's awesome. Also, NRS could've done worse, again...

halfeaten

Fully Composed
Liu Kang's punch through the chest one is my least favorite. There are special moves that are more brutal.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I dont even know why we need to discuss this lol

CSZ (my secondary lol) has by far the worst.
Both have no blood.
In one of them he kills himself,
in the other he throws shurikens he has out of nowhere and makes the guy get a muscle spasm...

He has ice bombs that couldve been used SOMEHOW im sure. He can make an ice sword too! So many missed opportunities

My favorites are Noob Saibot. So brutal and clever love em

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Most of them are freaking horrible but the worst has to be Cyber Subs Brain freeze, like seriously NRS?

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
man the best one to me s scorpions where he hangs his opponent and the worst one by far has to be sonyas cause i have never beem so bored looking at one like seriously they take forever, my favorite of all time is the quan-chi beatdown lets face its so disrespectful and funny i have to respect it

Plop

Noob
I gotta be honest i dont like the Quan Chi beat down. Idk why, i just find it really annoying.
Reptile's acid hand fatality is cool, its the other one i dont like. It took me a long time to figure out what was actually goin on, i was all like "ok, so what was the point of him spitting in his mouth?"
I actually hate all of Scorpion's. Probably cos i've seen them all sooooo many times in KOTH.

Skarlet, Kenshi, Noob, Kabal, Ermac, and Baraka dont have a bad fatality between em. (Baraka's Up The Middle is cool, but i really dont see the point in chopping their arms off first. Pointless, but a cool fatality nevertheless). everyone else has at least one that aint all that.

and I gotta say, they got Freddy's spot on. They're both fuckin wompin. I suck with Freddy, but i often pick himjust fir his fatalities. If NRS had fucked them up i woulda been livid

I'm gonna make a bold statement now. The best catagory of finishers in all of the series is the Friendships. I cant BELIEVE they put Babalities in this game instead of Friendships!

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Sonya's with the string? really?! Where is the Kiss of Death???!!!
I actually like that corny Sonya Fatality, where she uses that string to yank their head off XD

However, I want her fire kiss of death OR her Purple Haze in MK3 (My favorite Sonya fatality).

CSZ has the worst fatalities, it's so bad I don't even want to remember either.

At least Quan Chi did not have that ridiculous Ostrich Neck Fatality like he did in MKDA.